N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

We don't need to get rid of Zog, get rid of the Kinnear instead and let him go manage the Pig and Whistle which is more what he's suited to. Start Zoggy ahead of the geriatrics and he'll happily stay IMO.

He made his comments after playing 90 mins in 6 successive league games.

And TBF to Kinnear, he isn't the first manager to leave Zog out of the team on a regular basis.

People always defend the little twat and come out with the "but, but, but its not his fault" comments. He is an arrogant fucker who thinks he is much better than he actually is.

That said I would start him at the moment.

How is N'zogbia when it comes to tracking back and helping the full back?? does he do his fair share defensively?

I'd say that N'Zogbia's not a bad tackler and is more powerful than he seems, but his positioning and general defensive awareness are awful, so I don't think he'll ever become even a mediocre left back

Guest kingdawson

How is N'zogbia when it comes to tracking back and helping the full back?? does he do his fair share defensively?

I'd say that N'Zogbia's not a bad tackler and is more powerful than he seems, but his positioning and general defensive awareness are awful, so I don't think he'll ever become even a mediocre left back

I'm talking about him as a winger. Does he help the full back during the game (ie do his fair share defensively, cover the full back when out of position ect..). He's not one of those wingers that just stand around and look lazy when they've lost the ball? Does he go in for tackles?. The last thing we need is another pussy tbh.

emm it's hard to tell.. He's not a pussy, but he ain't no workhorse either.. Just think of him as another O'Hara.. he doesn't offer much protection to the full backs, but he is still a better option defensively than Bentley or Dos Santos (whatever happened to him?)

I'm talking about him as a winger. Does he help the full back during the game (ie do his fair share defensively, cover the full back when out of position ect..). He's not one of those wingers that just stand around and look lazy when they've lost the ball? Does he go in for tackles?. The last thing we need is another pussy tbh.

Depends what mood he's in tbh. I'd say he was more of a headless chicken covering ground than someone who wouldn't track back, generally covers a lot of the pitch I reckon.

Depends what mood he's in tbh. I'd say he was more of a headless chicken covering ground than someone who wouldn't track back, generally covers a lot of the pitch I reckon.

Yeah it's hard to fault his workrate when he fancies it.  If he has a fault it's that he'll get back, but he just defends space and very often wont pick up a runner until it's too late.

Yeah it's hard to fault his workrate when he fancies it.  If he has a fault it's that he'll get back, but he just defends space and very often wont pick up a runner until it's too late.

I'd agree with that. It's like he thinks that just getting back is enough. He doesn't show enough initiative and ends up reacting to situations rather than controlling them.

He told www.lyoncapitale.fr: "There have been some changes at Newcastle recently. I have experienced six different managers in four years, and it is too much.

"Every season is getting worse and worse despite the lofty goals of the club. I therefore decided to leave, to try to find better exposure."

However, N'Zogbia - who has a contract with the Magpies until 2012 - knows his future is out of his hands.

"It is for the club to decide," he added in L'Equipe. "If Newcastle decide to keep me, I will stay. I will have no choice."

The Tyneside outfit have insisted he is going nowhere and N'Zogbia, for his part, claims he has so far heard nothing to suggest otherwise - despite being linked with French champions Lyon.

"I am waiting," he said. "They (Lyon) may actually have contacted my agent, but I did not get feedback.

"What is certain is that Lyon is a good club. Whether they really want me remains to be seen."

Peslerbe told Setanta.com: “Lyon have contacted us regarding Charles. The challenge of playing for them is attractive to him.

“They have a long-term project and play Champions League football year in, year out, which is something that Charles would fancy.

“It could help him bolster his career and move forward within higher surroundings, which is what he eyes.

“It is an interesting option, but both clubs have to reach an agreement.”

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/13/Exclusive-NZogbias-agent/gnid-35174/

He told www.lyoncapitale.fr: "There have been some changes at Newcastle recently. I have experienced six different managers in four years, and it is too much.

"Every season is getting worse and worse despite the lofty goals of the club. I therefore decided to leave, to try to find better exposure."

However, N'Zogbia - who has a contract with the Magpies until 2012 - knows his future is out of his hands.

"It is for the club to decide," he added in L'Equipe. "If Newcastle decide to keep me, I will stay. I will have no choice."

The Tyneside outfit have insisted he is going nowhere and N'Zogbia, for his part, claims he has so far heard nothing to suggest otherwise - despite being linked with French champions Lyon.

"I am waiting," he said. "They (Lyon) may actually have contacted my agent, but I did not get feedback.

"What is certain is that Lyon is a good club. Whether they really want me remains to be seen."

The bolded bit is the only part that matters. If other clubs want him so badly they will pay the money or...yes you guessed it...

fuck right off.

Guest Heneage

Is there nobody from Lyon we could pinch as part of any deal?

That's if it even happens.

Grosso?

I know Govou was touted for Portsmouth christ that wouldbe a solving of the right wing.

Can't blame him, the club is a joke and in the biggest mess it has ever been in in its Prem history. Anyone but a Newcastle fan would want out of this embarrassment...even some of the adopted ones have had enough.

Zog must look at Given and think, should i waste my career and time here like he has and win nothing, or do i go to a club with stability, a chance of winning medals and some pride?

Only those who have no career left or care about the money will come or stay here, plus the toon lads. Terrible times.

Guest elbee909

Wot, no transfer request?

I have zero sympathy for the cunt.  If you want to go, then say you want to go properly, none of this 'come and get me so I don't get stiffed through handing in a transfer request' bollocks.