Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Going forward look very good, Jona simmense, Duff , effective and as good as hes been for us, barton combative and leading well. CH  pairing still frail for me, or  maybe just not played enough to have understanding of each other?

Barring Taylor inexplicably disappearing for the chance they should really have buried, I think they've done alright. I know what you mean though, just never feel solid. Chopping and changing all the time doesn't help like.

Good job, just what we needed.

We need to calm the fuck down though the majority of our passing is woeful, I'm sure thats exactly what Kinnear is telling them though.

We show the opposition WAY too much respect but nerves are unavoidable given our current form and situation.

A quick third after the break and we can relax a bit and start enjoying it.

Some great work when we are not messing it up, looks good for the future though if we can just get the confidence to relax a bit and enjoy our football.

Beye is back to making those super runs forward. You can clearly see that he has a lot more faith in doing so with Jonas ahead of him, rather than Geremi.

Don't think that's got anything to do with it considering his best form last season came from his understanding with Geremi down that side.

Going forward look very good, Jona simmense, Duff , effective and as good as hes been for us, barton combative and leading well. CH  pairing still frail for me, or  maybe just not played enough to have understanding of each other?

Barring Taylor inexplicably disappearing for the chance they should really have buried, I think they've done alright. I know what you mean though, just never feel solid. Chopping and changing all the time doesn't help like.

Where the hell was he there like?

I think he's been very good this half except for that though.

Enrique looks great defending, but is not good enough on the ball, IMO. That might be good enough for me at the moment though, we need to not concede two goals a game for a while.

Hope that performance by Gutierrez puts to bed the "Owen is out best player, we'll not get someone as good as him for a long, long time" comments. Different positions, different players, but he looks at the very least to be in the same calibre.

Barton and Jonas playing really well, duff not looking too bad either. Not sure about Guthrie, he's giving the ball away loads... wouldn't mind seeing what Geremi coming on for him to see what thats like.

And got to say, this is the best I've seen of Ameobi. He's winning loads in the air, and making some good runs!

Need a 3rd to make sure though, I think we'l get too nervous if it goes 2-1!

One criticism - Our two wingers don't understand the concept of filling in for their full back, we've been caught a couple of times where Beye or Enrique have been draw out towards the man with the ball and Duff especially has stood still and not tracked a run into the open space. Other than that good, also (I'm such a moaning cunt) Ameobi needs to drop ten yards when we haven't got the ball as we're getting overrun in there. Taylor going walkies again  :knuppel2: Frustrating as he's had a good game apart from it.

Hope that performance by Gutierrez puts to bed the "Owen is out best player, we'll not get someone as good as him for a long, long time" comments. Different positions, different players, but he looks at the very least to be in the same calibre.

Despite the goal, put Owen in that side tonight instead of Martins, and I think we've got the winning formula.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would feel much better with Jonas on the left helping Jose out and Duff on the right with beye

Good balance there

An awful lot of 'we' being used by Bobby Lee.

:laugh:

Do you mean Rob Lee?Yeah I noticed that as well.Seems very passionate about us still the way he was talking before the game.Would love too see him back in a coaching role of some sort

As good as we've been, West Brom have been shocking. They're all over the shop.

Bednar has hardly had a sniff and this Valero chap who is allegedly a playmaker has been simply shocking.

You can only beat what's put in front of you like.  O0