JFK (didn't say): Long term contract or i'm off!

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's not in any position to make those sort of demands at this time, whether he stated that or not - his record so far is only marginally better on points gained than Redknapp's ; if you took it over the first 2 games of each manager's new tenure, it doesn't stand up at all....

However, it has to be acknowledged that Spurs have better players than NUFC - that's a fact, whether some on here like it or not .

Kinnear was on the scrap heap before his fortunate break with NUFC and he certainly wouldn't have been in the running for either this or the Spurs job on a full-time basis ; IF he starts teh club on an amazing run which gets us into the comfort zone by Christmas, then he might have a case ; otherwise he should be glad of this opportunity and get on with the job.

Spurs have better players......

Given-Gomes

Beye-Hutton

Colocinni-Woodgate

Taylor-Corluka

Enrique-Exotto

Jonas-Bentley

Barton-Jenas

Guthrie-Modric

Duff-Bale

Martins-Bent

Owen-Pavalyuchenckco

Seems pretty fucking even to me like

Are we going to do this all season?

Keegan - 4 points

Kinnear - 5 points

Next manager - 6 points

result : HIRE MORE MANAGERS

Remember someone made a joke a year or so back that if we just kept firing managers as soon as the honeymoon period was over, we'd win the league.

The headline clearly doesn't reflect what he's said, but I think there's a decision to be made in the near future. I wouldn't particularly want yet another change of manager half way through the season, so if he continues to do his job well, I'd give him a contract to the end of the season, and then make the longer term decision from there. That's regardless of whether it's still Ashley in charge.

Spot on Bobby.  Players hate uncertainty and giving him a contract to thee nd of the season would give a modicum of stability.  At the same time it wouldn't cost much for new owners to pay up should they want to.

so some people on here actually think he would have took the job knowing its month to month and he could be out of a job at any day, then he wins one game and turns round and says he wants a long term deal? Get a fucking grip man! Press shit stirring again! Fuck me..

so we're telling Joe Kinnear to go and do one now are we? You always think you've heard it all on this forum, until you read the next thread.

This I'm afraid, some people will always want to have a go about something. If we won the league people would complain we could have done it better with a different manager, dropping Shola or playing Bassong at left back!

Nothing wrong in those quotes, obviously if he could get a long contract he would prefer it.

I don't really see what he's said wrong tbh. Why knock the guy for wanting to be here? He said from the start that he took the job with the view that if he got results it might lead to some sort of offer if not from us then another club.

As far as I'm concerned though he is an interim manager only. If the club isn't going to get sold we should look to make a full time appointment. The sensible decision would be to bring back Keegan and ship out Wise and Llambias.

He is starting to beocme annoying though, says he has 6 games left, making everyone think the club was clsoe to be sold but now he is saying he wants a long term deal if Ashley is keeping the club.

Needs to shut up and get on with what he is being paid to do.

He is starting to beocme annoying though, says he has 6 games left, making everyone think the club was clsoe to be sold but now he is saying he wants a long term deal if Ashley is keeping the club.

Needs to shut up and get on with what he is being paid to do.

to be fair he's probably getting asked loads of questions regarding sale of the club, next manager etc because he's the only one at the club saying anything at all

Guest Stephen927

The original article is misleading. He's simply being honest. If I were in the same position I'd be hoping I performed well enough for a long-term contract, or if not I'd want to know at the earliest opportunity what the situation is so that I could be on the look out and applying for other positions.

Given-Gomes

Beye-Hutton

Colocinni-Woodgate

Taylor-Corluka

Enrique-Exotto

Jonas-Bentley

Barton-Jenas

Guthrie-Modric

Duff-Bale

Martins-Bent

Owen-Pavalyuchenckco

Seems pretty f***ing even to me like

Modric even with Guthrie ??

Coloccini even with Woodgate?

Bentley even with Jonas(did you see his goal the other night!?)?

Doesn't see pretty f---ing even to me - small bet on who will finish higher at season's end...?

Given-Gomes

Beye-Hutton

Colocinni-Woodgate

Taylor-Corluka

Enrique-Exotto

Jonas-Bentley

Barton-Jenas

Guthrie-Modric

Duff-Bale

Martins-Bent

Owen-Pavalyuchenckco

Doesn't see pretty f---ing even to me - small bet on who will finish higher at season's end...?

I don't think he's saying that Guthrie is better than Modric. He's saying we've go some class players, and so do they. Teams are evenly matched somewhat, and I agree with him.

Given-Gomes

Beye-Hutton

Colocinni-Woodgate

Taylor-Corluka

Enrique-Exotto

Jonas-Bentley

Barton-Jenas

Guthrie-Modric

Duff-Bale

Martins-Bent

Owen-Pavalyuchenckco

Bentleys being shit every game I have seen him for Spurs.He scored a great goal last night but he done nothing else in the rest of the game.You can not tell me hes better than Jonas?Yes I would prefer Colocinni than Woodgate,look at Woodgates injury record.To be honest its 50-50 between Modric and Guthrie so far,I havent seen much from Modric so far this season wheres I have being impressed with Guthrie.By the way I wasnt saying that everyone of our players are better than the Spurs players,I just put up the 2 line-ups to show how riduclous your comment was.Why dont you fuck off and support Spurs then?I hate so called fans like you!

Given-Gomes

Beye-Hutton

Colocinni-Woodgate

Taylor-Corluka

Enrique-Exotto

Jonas-Bentley

Barton-Jenas

Guthrie-Modric

Duff-Bale

Martins-Bent

Owen-Pavalyuchenckco

I don't think he's saying that Guthrie is better than Modric. He's saying we've go some class players, and so do they. Teams are evenly matched somewhat, and I agree with him.

Given >>> Gomes

Beye = Hutton

Colocinni < Woodgate

Taylor < Corluka

Enrique = Exotto

Jonas > Bentley

Barton > Jenas

Guthrie < Modric

Duff = Bale

Martins > Bent

Owen >> Pavalyuchenckco

TBH.

Given-Gomes

Beye-Hutton

Colocinni-Woodgate

Taylor-Corluka

Enrique-Exotto

Jonas-Bentley

Barton-Jenas

Guthrie-Modric

Duff-Bale

Martins-Bent

Owen-Pavalyuchenckco

No idea why you picked on those three, aside from Guthrie.

For me, there's never been any real problem with squad personnel, either here or at Spurs. Mismanagement and club instability is why we're both down where we are. We've got squads that are far, far better than where the league places us - and i would say they're pretty even too, really - Spurs' is probably a bit better.

People will disagree with me there, undoubtedly, but i've always thought that there's stacks of quality in this squad, especially in our first team.