Anyone think we've progressed in the past 2 and a half years?

Nobby

This is the best first team we've had since the Bobby days. The club is in a dire situation, obviously. The problems aren't with the squad personnel. We lack depth, aye, but there's no question of the quality. Daft thread.

That is a shocking lineup tbf. 2, maybe 3 decent players there.

That must have been at the height of an injury crisis though, or a cup game.

looking back over old threads i couldn't believe how bad it was, 2-3 decent players is pushing it tbh

This is the best first team we've had since the Bobby days. The club is in a dire situation, obviously. The problems aren't with the squad personnel. We lack depth, aye, but there's no question of the quality. Daft thread.

I dont particularly think we lack depth as a squad overall, I think our problem lies with the quality of certain areas of the first team.

That is a shocking lineup tbf. 2, maybe 3 decent players there.

That must have been at the height of an injury crisis though, or a cup game.

looking back over old threads i couldn't believe how bad it was, 2-3 decent players is pushing it tbh

Given - definite

Nobby, N'Zogbia possibly. Thats it...

Team to play Birmingham

Given

Carr

Moore

Bramble

Babayaro

Solano

Faye

Pattison

N'Zogbia

Ameobi

Chopra

:lol:

That really is wank looking at it again. As if Shay didn't fuck off after watching that shite 'play'.

Team to play Birmingham

Given

Carr

Moore

Bramble

Babayaro

Solano

Faye

Pattison

N'Zogbia

Ameobi

Chopra

Shearer had been crocked at Sunderland in the match before. With that side we drew 0-0 away at Brum which got them relegated and next match we beat Chelsea to finish 7th in the League. Surprising really...

Guest Darth Toon

Aye, must have been a canny bunch of players out injured for that game!

By way of comparison, the team we put out at West Ham earlier this season wan't much better:

Given

Edgar

Taylor

Coloccini

N'Zogbia

Geremi

Cacapa

Butt

Duff

Owen

Xisco

Roeder had an abysmal squad, obviously the board at that time didn't want to back their manager too heavily in the transfer market. Martins was probably the only significant signing during his time in charge iirc.