Match Day Superstitions

Skirge

Howay then who has got any, who knows of any players who do and what they are?

A match day superstition, I have a sad one of always kissing the badge on my shirt before I put it on, BUT as the weather got colder this season I started to wear my long johns under my jeans + last seaons white and blue argie looking top under my home top, we have won both games since then so now do I sit at home tomorrow watch on TV and sweat me bollocks off? :lol:

This season I am trying not to believe any superstitions or follow any routine after a win because ultimately, its all bollocks.

We'll win if we play well, we will lose if we are shite. No amount of 2 week old, soiled under kecks are going to change that

I always approach the corner of the Gallowgate and Milburn stands, irrespective of where I'm sitting, then proceed to go round the ground clockwise until I get to my seat. If I'm in the middle of the Gallowgate, this can be quite a walk!

Also, once in I always go up the outside of the stairs, so I'm walking the longest distance up the stairs as well.

Absolutley no idea what started either of these, been doing them for 15 years now. If I can't do them (ie because I'm going in to the ground with some mates and would feel like a bit of a freak explaining that I need to do the above.) then I feel all wrong and we invariably get beat.

• 6 months later...
Guest neesy111

well, newcastle never lost any of the first 21 cup games i went to, so i was a lucky charm then

When I had my ST me and the 2 lads I went with had strict superstitions.

whoever was driving would ALWAYS have us picked up by 1.15 and set off.

ALWAYS parked at Gateshead civic and got the metro across.

ALWAYS had a pre-match burger at Northumberland St burger king, regardless of how hungover we were from the Friday night (speaking in terms of Saturday games) or how much we wanted to puke.

ALWAYS walked up the same flight of stairs to get to the turnstile

ALWAYS stood in the same spot to watch the warm up.

Alas now I'm without one, theres little I tend to do.  Usually a Saturday morning/early afternoon with Soccer AM/Football Focus/Soccer Saturday before using other means to participate in a watch (if not going).

If not at the ground: I wear an away shirt if we're at home, and a home shirt if we're away.

If at the ground: I wear something yellow, usually socks - I find that to be a lucky colour for me.

Guest neesy111

well, newcastle never lost any of the first 21 cup games i went to, so i was a lucky charm then

You never fancied going to the fucking finals, I take?

blame my penny pinching dad, i was only 9-10 at the time and i had a ticket for the semi-final v chelsea as well

Guest palnese

Sending a plea to every god out there, that i'll convert to their said religion if they give us a win.

Was a catholic for the Boro game, and asked Allah vs Man United.

That goes for me too.

I reckon catholic footballers do their crossing before they enter the field, and some have to the last man out of the dressing room or the last one to enter the field.

I think I read somewhere that David James has to enter the toilet in the dressing room, and when alone he spits on the wall.

When I played at a decent level I allways put my hand om the club badge on the wall, just as on Anfield. And I allways put my right sock on before the left, the same with my boots. Used to take a piss just after the warm-up as well, though I didn't felt the need. Managed to squeeze out a couple of drops every single time.

Nowadays I do fuck all.