Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/11/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

You can talk for the next 7 days about how shit we were but as far as Im concerned Kinnear cost us that match. Hes done well getting us a unit again but his decision making is fuckin atrocious. Cacapa was Bramble bad and bringing Jonas off for Owen is a decision that couldnt have been more contradicting. And in what warped, fucked up world is Duff and Cacapa more effective that Bassong and Jonas?

The team wasn't shit tbh, dunno about anyone else but i'm not gonna say that. They weren't great, i don't think anyone was really on their game to the full, but we had enough there to win the game. As has been said, Caçapa and (in the last fifteen minutes) Kinnear lost us that game. I was putting my feet up at 1-1, we were gonna win, no two ways.

So angry right now.

I though a good few were way to sloppy today, Enriqye, Butt, Jonas, Duff all gave the ball away far to much, you are never going to win football matches if you cannot keep the ball.

Martins was not in the game enough today but the service from midfiled was very poor, got a little bit better in the 2nd half but we did not feed the front 2 fast enough, Oba being more selfish means he stays higher up the pitch and then we have no link between strikers and midfield. Fulham are a well organized side though and made it hatd for us, we made two stupid mistakes that cost us, CB's again letting us down, who thought Taylor would be a miss.

owen did f*** all, is as he good what some people think?

Aye, should have had a hattrick today. He's obviously not as good as Shola  :cheesy:

Honestly for the last ten minutes Owen and Oba may as well have not been on the pitch. They were never going to get involved. Our attacking after going 2-1 down was absolutely pitiful.

We had no drive today.  Fulham were defending in front, closing down and trying to cut out passes, we weren't using the space and played at too slow a tempo. 

Overall team failure.  Cacapa guilty of being shit, JFK guilty of poor selection and subs.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think Coloccini should be blamed for making a do or die challenge that he had to make because Cacapa was all at sea.

A really poor first half today, we didn't show up at all. Yes we got better in the second, but as soon as they scored the second they just put 10 men behind the ball and from that point onwards we were just hoping for a lucky break.

Had a chance to really push up the league there and we've lost that, i think thats the biggest dissapointment. And i think it just shows that dreams of europe are a pipe dream until we can consistenly put some good performances (and results) together. Typical newcastle of the past 3 years, as soon as you think we've turned a corner we play sh1t!!!

That will be Cacapa's last start for us ever, he just looked so cr@p the whole game... bassong every time now.

Guest neesy111

well, fucking some people go on being more important to the team than when shearer was here, but we have coped fine last 5 games without him, + he can't play with martins while shola can

shola took his chance, owen didn't

so stop trying to deflect owen from any criticism

Shit game. Bassong should start any day over Cacapa. Even Fucking Edgar.

Taylor was sorely missed. Had he played would have been an easy 3 points.

Need to start N'zogbia over Duff. and Fuck Owen hes leaving let him go in January.

Hes shit adds nothing to the team

A selection of comments by neesy today

oba not playing for the team as usual

he should be shouting leave it though, he can speak english now

butt and barton are not the answer tbh

jonas not the having the greatest of games

the fenham pele is back again

cacapa again

how the f*** is duff still on

f*** off owen saw it all the way

this ref has been shocking

barton is not a good footballer

If youve got nothing useful to say, shut the f*** up!!

Guest firetotheworks

Cacapa was really out of it, and taking Jonas off was just unbelievable. We beat us.

In a 'kin nutshell mate.

owen did f*** all, is as he good what some people think?

Aye, should have had a hattrick today. He's obviously not as good as Shola  :cheesy:

Honestly for the last ten minutes Owen and Oba may as well have not been on the pitch. They were never going to get involved. Our attacking after going 2-1 down was absolutely pitiful.

That's cos we didn't attack, Joe. We played long-ball. That's not attacking. That's anti-football.

There is one method of alleged positive play that this side cannot do. And that's long-ball. What do we do when we most need to nick a goal? Go long-ball. Woeful management.

I can't see how people can complain about the sub. Jonas did one good the run the whole time he was on... that was the worst I've seen him play for us tbh. Duff was having a much better game.

Guest neesy111

A selection of comments by neesy today

oba not playing for the team as usual

he should be shouting leave it though, he can speak english now

butt and barton are not the answer tbh

jonas not the having the greatest of games

the fenham pele is back again

cacapa again

how the f*** is duff still on

f*** off owen saw it all the way

this ref has been shocking

barton is not a good footballer

If youve got nothing usual to say, shut the fuck up!!

well they are all consistent with the game

barton wasn't good imo

duff was shite

cacapa was shite

owen should of scored and we looked worse when he came on

Cacapa was really out of it, and taking Jonas off was just unbelievable. We beat us.

In a 'kin nutshell mate.

if we'd playe like we did against villa we could have won it, i agree their goals we're down to us

He's hardly played for us recently. What 'chance' has Owen got? Oba and Shola have been playing pretty well together, and thus they've been fairly starting games. Either way Owen is obviously much the better player so we need to sort out a way to get him back in.

Coming on as a substitute for our other best player isn't that way.

Guest neesy111

He's hardly played for us recently. What 'chance' has Owen got? Oba and Shola have been playing pretty well together, and thus they've been fairly starting games. Either way Owen is obviously much the better player so we need to sort out a way to get him back in.

Coming on as a substitute for our other best player isn't that way.

yes but for this game, owen did fuck all