Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

He has still made some howlers this season.  He'll never lose it entirely from his game

All CBs fuck up on occassion, no matter how good they are. Any mistake Bramble has made has always be maginfied and blow up out of all propotion. I'm not saying he is a world beater, but he was a lot better a player than most gave him credit for. 

Bramble will always be a good defender to have if you're a mid-table Premiership club or lower.

Take out the howlers and he's actually a top class CB, so you can live with the mistakes the guy makes as he compensates for them with quality general play that you wouldn't get from more steady, if less talented, types.

But in a team who are hoping the challenge in the top third of the league, you simply can't afford a CB whose gonna cost you 5-10 points a season with ridiculous mis-kicks and mistakes, regardless of how good he may be in general play.

It's not even the real Player of the Year poll, it's something hoyed up by the webmaster to keep them occupied :lol:

This is the real Player of the Year poll...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PlayeroftheSeason/0,,10278,00.html

Does one have to be a member to vote in the real poll? Took the Mackems ages to realise they were voting in the wrong one and now they're putting in fake emails and voting for Xisco...

Bruce having second thoughts about joining Sunderland according to Radio Newcastle...

Be great if they ended up getting Phil Brown instead.

Oh how good would that be ? I doubt though any club would touch Brown after the way he's conducted himself the season just ended.

Guest BooBoo

Bruce having second thoughts about joining Sunderland according to Radio Newcastle...

Be great if they ended up getting Phil Brown instead.

Oh how good would that be ? I doubt though any club would touch Brown after the way he's conducted himself the season just ended.

One day we'll be back at the KC, beat the bastards and i'll lay a ghost to rest by signing "You're not singing anymore" at the orange gobbed cretin!

Guest Stephen927

Bruce has taken Wigan about as far as he can. Right now Sunderland may be a step down but if he gets it right with Ellis' money then Sunderland have the potential to go further than Wigan could even dream.

N'zogbia when he heard the news:

http://img.skysports.com/07/11/218x298/Charles_N_Zogbia1_603227.jpg

Why's he so happy? You'd think he'd be gutted about it now realising Wigan are a shit club.

Guest wshmag

Why's he so happy? You'd think he'd be gutted about it now realising Wigan are a s*** club.

aye, i bet he's devastated he jumped ship from our club and went to a shit club, finishing mid-table in the premiership.

Why's he so happy? You'd think he'd be gutted about it now realising Wigan are a shit club.

He's probably over the moon that Bruce won't be taking him along to Sunderland.

They complain about us lot being delusional but a Sunderland season ticket holder I know seriously thought that Frank Rijkaard was coming in as manager with 200 million to spend and one of his first signings was going to be Sergio Aguero. They live in cuckoo land.

Guest Heneage

I personally think its a steady appointment, but not world class like Quinn said.

Or when Keane signed.