Today's Other Games

Taylor Swift

I think Sunderland are in a bit of trouble actually. Bolton f*** me right off. Every week I hope for them to collapse but they have won 3 out of their last 4 or something equally annoying.

Yeah was saying this the other day. Think Sunderland, Blackburn and west ham are in real trouble this season. They are all playing really poorly, and west ham a bit like us have an uncertain future with the owners wanting out (and saying they are not going to spend).

Guess you can add us to that list as well, but we keep showing flashes of a half decent team.

West Ham completely outclassed us, which is more worrying

And we outclassed Aston Villa...

we could and probably should have been 2-0 down at HT. We defended very well from the front in the second half like

As for West Ham, we played them at their highest (new manager syndrome), when we were at our lowest (no manager, first away game with Hughton "in charge").

I agree with both sides of the argument here really. I think we've got a quality collection of players in our squad, and in any other season we'd be in with the best chance that we've had of automatic European qualification since SBR. But we've got the turmoil off the field and the horrendously shit manager turning the cogs, meaning we simply won't be anywhere near it this year, unless drastic changes occur.

Couldn't give a fuck about Europe. Our only aim this season has to be staying up. We've yet to play anyone particularly good aside from Villa at home yet our home record is gashtastic and the bigger teams are generally a lot harder to beat in the second half of the season.

Yeah on paper we are.. we've got some good players but we're no way near being a good team.

Our midfield has no understanding and absolutely no depth. One injury throws us out of balance.

Our midfield is quite poor I'd admit. :nods:

Losing Gutierrez for 6 weeks and Barton to injury and suspension hasn't helped though.

Guthrie & Butt isn't great, but it's still no better or worse than Cattermole & Brown at Wigan, Bowyer & Parker at West Ham, McCann & Nolan at Bolton, Whitehead & Reid at Sunderland, Andrews & Mokoena at Blackburn, etc.

Well to be honest I think that any of the 5 teams you've named could possibly go down. You can say that injuries haven't helped us, but after that all we've got to come back is Barton who IS a step up, but not much of one.. and if you're going by that you could say that West Ham are missing Dyer etc.

I just don't see any chance of Europe this season. It's impossible to tell if we'll go down and I don't think we will - more out of habit than anything, heh - but we've already screwed up 2 recent chances of getting a bit of space between us and the bottom feeders - Fulham and Wigan. Teams that go down lose these kind of matches.

Am I seeing things, or are Del Piero and a few other Juve players actually wearing scarves? :lol:

Wearing turtle necks under their tops, however that thought did go through my mind.

I can just imagine the young wanabees turning up on a sunday with their scarves packed in their bootbags, as if it's the new craze.

Anyone watch our game last night?

Bloody awful.

Sick of seeing the most unbalanced midfield in world football trot out and be about as much use as a chocolate teapot every week while our £17m manager just sits there like an idiot.

we should have been at our highest against Fulham and Wigan, and look what happened there

Cacapa and Enrique happened there.  Not outclassed.

didn't say we were

but we were absolutely shit going forward, got no shots on target till Shola's goal and only one after it

Just seen that Wolves are 12 points clear of 3rd place. Already looking good for a return to the Premiership.

Norwich only 4 points off the relegation zone too

Wolves have scored a crazy amount of goals this season. Look like a good team to watch for the neutral. Absolute contrast to Birmingham in second place who constantly seem to be grinding out victories.