Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic 15/11/08 - post-match reaction from page 14

Rich

Good result. JK still unbeaten

Sunderland?

At home

I could say we're unbeaten against Wigan these season. Means fucking nothing. Look at the table, that's what matters. Kinnear is shit.

Sorry but this whole "duffs running the show" isn't washing with me, Charlie comes on and sets up Martins, he has to start.

Jonas > Zog > Duff

It really is that simple. Duff is the one who should be on the bench, or at worst, the one taken off.

Sorry but this whole "duffs running the show" isn't washing with me, Charlie comes on and sets up Martins, he has to start.

aye he's rubbish imo. if you're a winger you don't earn a place on the back of closing down defenders but on being dangerous and he's not shown much threat, either in his general game or as end product.

Getting fucking sick of me dad, like. Every single game it's "the team isn't good enough..." and every single time i reply with "oh, right, so if Keegan was still in charge it would have been the same result, would it?". Stumps him every time that one.

Nowt wrong with the team at all. That eleven out there today is a very, very good team - with Michael Owen on the bench n'all! If Joe Kinnear can't motivate the likes of Owen, Martins, Jonas, Guthrie, Beye, Enrique, Coloccini, Given - a collection of quality players - to victory against a ten-man Wigan with no strikers AT HOME, then he's not worth his fucking salt.

Bollocks. Total bollocks. Ashley, et al, i've never really been against your policies but please - God. Please fucking sell. ASAP.

Guest Heneage

Getting f***ing sick of me dad, like. Every single game it's "the team isn't good enough..." and every single time i reply with "oh, right, so if Keegan was still in charge it would have been the same result, would it?". Stumps him every time that one.

Nowt wrong with the team at all. That eleven out there today is a very, very good team - with Michael Owen on the bench n'all! If Joe Kinnear can't motivate the likes of Owen, Martins, Jonas, Guthrie, Beye, Enrique, Coloccini, Given - a collection of quality players - to victory against a ten-man Wigan with no strikers AT HOME, then he's not worth his f***ing salt.

Bollocks. Total bollocks. Ashley, et al, i've never really been against your policies but please - God. Please f***ing sell. ASAP.

Tbh I debate if it would. Yes the players we have aren't the best, but who waits that long to bring players on? Makes no changes in midfield despite Duff being average? Its why I have such distaste for Keegan we were doing well.

Getting f***ing sick of me dad, like. Every single game it's "the team isn't good enough..." and every single time i reply with "oh, right, so if Keegan was still in charge it would have been the same result, would it?". Stumps him every time that one.

Nowt wrong with the team at all. That eleven out there today is a very, very good team - with Michael Owen on the bench n'all! If Joe Kinnear can't motivate the likes of Owen, Martins, Jonas, Guthrie, Beye, Enrique, Coloccini, Given - a collection of quality players - to victory against a ten-man Wigan with no strikers AT HOME, then he's not worth his f***ing salt.

Bollocks. Total bollocks. Ashley, et al, i've never really been against your policies but please - God. Please f***ing sell. ASAP.

Tbh I debate if it would. Yes the players we have aren't the best, but who waits that long to bring players on? Makes no changes in midfield despite Duff being average? Its why I have such distaste for Keegan we were doing well.

Are you agreeing with me or what? :lol:

So how exactly does he do that from the sidelines? He hardly covered himself in glory today but the players have to be made accountable. Such quality in that team today does not equate to a 2-2 draw against an average at best 10 man PL side at home.

But nah, it was all JK's fault. KINNEAR OUT!!1111111

Guest Heneage

No no I'm disagreeing mate :lol:.

Like the same 11 that drew today, also drew at Old Trafford and bossed that game, beat Bolton. Keegan was a terrific motivator, my arguement is whats not to say , that we come out today and spank these 3-1 with him. That's why I really don't like keegan anymore, leaving us into September put "the club he loves" up the creek.

So how exactly does he do that from the sidelines? He hardly covered himself in glory today but the players have to be made accountable. Such quality in that team today does not equate to a 2-2 draw against an average at best 10 man PL side at home.

I didn't even watch the game tbh mate. I know, my comments are totally unsubstantiated. But we have got fucking boatloads of quality in the team. I don't know where the problems are, but i know that if we had a good fucking manager, then we would have beaten a ten-man Wigan Athletic at home.

Guest Stephen927

It's like having a substitute teacher. At first you listen to what they say, then you get sick of them shouting and balling and begin to think why should I listen to this bloke when we'll have a new permanent teacher soon.

Guest firetotheworks

This Duff thing is getting to me now, Jonas must feel a bit s*** being brought off and then watching Duff consistently fail to beat his man unless the defender goes in to make a tackle and slows the team down. He's become Milner but with a reputation based on his old form. I dont dislike Duff as a person or as a player, hes simply past it. He's needs to either develop his game into becoming a central midfielder thats more effective than either Barton or Guthrie (which is highly unlikely) or he needs to be dropped for NZogbia.

Or as someone so simply and correctly put it before.

Jonas>Nzogbia>Duff

I cant remember who it was but they were right.

It was Role Model.

Guest Stephen927

No no I'm disagreeing mate :lol:.

Like the same 11 that drew today, also drew at Old Trafford and bossed that game, beat Bolton. Keegan was a terrific motivator, my arguement is whats not to say , that we come out today and spank these 3-1 with him. That's why I really don't like keegan anymore, leaving us into September put "the club he loves" up the creek.

Can't argue with that. Loves us so much that he's just happy to leave it all behind yet again.

He can have the Zoggy>Enrique sub, that was a good move. But Jonas off for Owen? In like the 70th minute? That's f***ing shocking tbh.

We should have had Owen on earlier (and Zoggy for that matter, Enrique was very very crap), for Ameobi or Duff, and I bet we would have won that.

Ameobi and Duff are un-f***ing-touchable and it's not justified. Yeah, they've improved - doesn't make them PL quality players.

Ameobi and Duff are un-f***ing-touchable and it's not justified. Yeah, they've improved - doesn't make them PL quality players.

Exactly. Aside from Given, Beye and Coloccini, they look like they are the most certain starters we've got at the moment. Something I vehemently disagree with.

I disagree. Ameobi has earned his place with a string of decent performances to go with a few goals. His major positive and effective improvement has been to make the ball stick up front.

I also think Jonas did not have a very good game at all, and the trident spearhead was the right thing to go with when you need two goals to win a game.

I disagree. Ameobi has earned his place with a string of decent performances to go with a few goals. His major positive and effective improvement has been to make the ball stick up front.

I also think Jonas did not have a very good game at all, and the trident spearhead was the right thing to go with when you need two goals to win a game.

The point is we shouldn't be in such a position in the first place.