Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic 15/11/08 - post-match reaction from page 14

Rich

Beye is getting worse every time I see him. Bernard & Baba should get there arses to Darsley Park & see if JFK will give them a contract as they are cant be any worse than Jose ffs.

Hysterical nonsense.

Cattermole is a prize c*** but light years ahead of Guthrie ("A KEEGAN SIGNING" WHATEVER THE f*** THAT MEANS).

Based on one game. Stunning insight you've got there.

I don't agree with Thespence but I understand his frustration.

And what's your point exactly?

I understand his frustration too, but if I don't agree with something he's said (heat of the moment or not) I'll tell him so.

Beye is getting worse every time I see him. Bernard & Baba should get there arses to Darsley Park & see if JFK will give them a contract as they are cant be any worse than Jose ffs.

Hysterical nonsense.

Cattermole is a prize c*** but light years ahead of Guthrie ("A KEEGAN SIGNING" WHATEVER THE f*** THAT MEANS).

Jose is fucking shocking man the bit before is what is classed as banter to enhance the point.

On one game? How do you work that out? Neither of them were making there debuts were they. I know I have seen the pair of them more than once, admitingly  not playing against each other. But I have never seen C.Ronaldo play against Guthrie but I know he is better player. For the love god I hope you not disputing that Cattermole is a prize cunt.

If Xisco was the one doing what Ameobi's doing for us right now, he'd be as loved as Jonas.

Or if there were ZaNeY pictures of Shola with booze or his tongue stuck out.

Get a grip.

Are you the kid who posted the pictures?

I'm one of them. What's that got to do with anything?

I can see why your touchy when I mention ZaNeY pictures.

I understand his frustration too, but if I don't agree with something he's said (heat of the moment or not) I'll tell him so.

The point is that it looks like he's letting off some understandable frustration after watching a shit game, I don't think he's being hysterical.

Hysterical nonsense.

Cattermole offers no more than Guthrie bar bad chalenges. Hes a useless thug.

Apart from being better than Guthrie. As for thug I am sure Hull fans think Danny Gee is a useless thug.

Hysterical nonsense.

OOOH GET YOU SISTER YOU SOUND SO BUTCH!!!

:lol: O0

If Xisco was the one doing what Ameobi's doing for us right now, he'd be as loved as Jonas.

Or if there were ZaNeY pictures of Shola with booze or his tongue stuck out.

Get a grip.

Are you the kid who posted the pictures?

I'm one of them. What's that got to do with anything?

I can see why your touchy when I mention ZaNeY pictures.

I'm not basing my opinion on Xisco on something as trivial and irrelevant as him looking like he likes to party.

He's had so little playing time for us that I don't really have much an opinion of him yet; on the pitch, where it matters.

The difference with Ameobi unfortunately is that he's frustrated us more often than not, and that stigma is going to be very hard for him to eradicate. That's just the way it is.

The point is that it looks like he's letting off some understandable frustration after watching a shit game, I don't think he's being hysterical.

You can do both at the same time. It's not really worth discussing tbh, to each their own.

Guest Heneage

Hysterical nonsense.

Apart from being better than Guthrie. As for thug I am sure Hull fans think Danny Gee is a useless thug.

Yes and we are basing every thing of one incident, Cattermole has injured countless players with his poor tackling, any player can tackle but to be a good tackler is different. He is useless just because he had a good game today does not mean he has changed. I see your frustration but stop jumping on every player.

Hysterical nonsense.

Give it a rest.

Your embarrassing yourself now.

Hysterical nonsense.

Yes and we are basing every thing of one incident, Cattermole has injured countless players with his poor tackling, any player can tackle but to be a good tackler is different. He is useless just because he had a good game today does not mean he has changed. I see your frustration but stop jumping on every player.

I am basing Cattermole being a better player on selection for England at various age groups, number of Premier League games, number of Premier League goals, transfer fee's paid & most importanly for me of what I have seen from Guthrie this year & Cattermole over the last few years.

As for you thinking my opinion is based purely frustration your wrong. As for jumping on every player? Feel free to ignore the bit where I say only four men (maybe it should of been 5 if I include Shay) can save us from going down, our 4 main strikers because atm nobody in that midfield or defence is going to be the setting the standard. The forward department is our strength & when we had someone with a bit of  tactical nous in charge at the back end of last season he came up with solution to play as many as possible meaning one of the shite midfielders missed out.

Hysterical nonsense.

Give it a rest.

Your embarrassing yourself now.

Okay sir....

Those 90 minutes epitomise us as a club. Shit for a long time, 10 minutes of "fucking hell" and then throw it away. Boils my piss how inept we were, every pass was stray, the whole team had no accuracy in anything they did and were generally fucking shite. Duff, playing left wign, was never an option on the left, standing in the congested central area. Get on the left you prick.

Gutierrez is the game plan. We give it to him and he runs at people. However, recently teams have realised doubling on him will do the trick, and today was no exception. Can't fault the lad, he always looks for an alternative but there's nobody moving for him.

Taylor's goal was fucking good, no idea why he hates us to the point where he feels the need to score screamers every game he faces us, but anyway. Wigan decided it would be fun to be tossers all afternoon, playing like a European team and having a lie down everytime any contact was made. Was piss boiling and I hope Steve Bruce never darkens our managerial door.

We created very little until the stroke of half time when Martins had a good chance but he hit it straight at the legs of Kirkland and that was that.

Second half more of the same, Wigan having a spate of corners which they took 10 minutes over each time, each corner more dangerous than any of our set pieces. We eventually got a break when Ameobi's determination won him the ball back and Boyce took him out. Was as far away as physically possible from me (I was in SJH Corner) so I can't comment on the correctness of the decision but Wigan deserved to have a man sent off for being a set of twats.

So that left us half an hour+ to get at least an equaliser. Instead we had 10 minutes of pushing without ever really coming close, and Henri Camara outpacing Coloccini and coming within a cats pube of making it 2-0. Eventually, diamond Joe thought it was a good time to bring on Owen and N'Zog. Good, there goes Enrique (who had a shocker) and....JONAS!? Right. Fuck off Joe.

N'Zogbia made a massive difference and as Wullie said, scared the shit out of them. He is a winger - pace, directness, looking to get the ball in the box. Duff does none of these things. Owen somehow missed from 4 yards and there were some rumblings. 5 minutes later, Owen lashed over a volely on the turn...and the rumbling was a bit louder. I had a horrible feeling Owen was gonig to become public enemy number one, however he then had a header well saved and it was forgotten.

The equaliser came from a spell of passing about looking for an opening and getting nowhere. Shola has a put on his left from 25 yards and Kirkland spills it, Owen taps in and it's happy days. 10 minutes on the clock so go on and win it! In fairness, we did the hard bit of scoring, Martins' goal was well taken and it was good to see him score a "typical" Martins goal. That should have been the 3 points wrapped up, but that's not NUFC.

Ball into the box, Shay shouts, is about to claim it and Beye needlessly heads behind. Not worried too much, we've got 2 men on the posts and surely we can't throw it away. Good ball in, Bramble header, Duff's there no problem. Oh wait...it's in the roof of the net. How the fuck did that happen? Well because he's clueless.

It was at this point he was announced man of the match for contributing nothing and in fact gifting the other team a goal. Fuck sake.

So 2 points dropped and a frankly terrible performance, positives are few ad far between, maybe N'Zogbia's performance when he came on, the fact Owen got 4 chances in 20 minutes shows he's still sharp and that's about it.

Negatives are Barton's injury, which he looked gutted about, the fact we're 17th with 2 away games to come, the fact Damien Duff is seen as the fucking messiah by all and sundry. Bassong was shaky but not terrible by any means, and Wigan should be ashamed of themselves for the way they conducted themselves today.

N'Zogbia has to start getting some minutes. I know he's frustrating but he's quick and he can make stuff happen, no matter how inconsistent people may claim him to be. Also, I appreciate Duff hasn't been down at his usual level (for us) recently, but I'd still love to see Charlie in there ahead of him, simply because he offers more of a threat.

For all Duff's huff and puff (have some of that rhyming, brap) he just doesn't commit defenders or go past people, or do anything with any pace and directness... he's not completely finished, obviously, but he's a pale shadow of his former self (not that this is anything people don't already know.) N'Zogbia will lose the ball, aye, but fucking hell man. I'd rather see him lose the ball 4 times out of 5 and see him do what he did for Martins today on the 5th try than see Damien Duff slow the pace down and play it backwards, or run into a hole and have to give an easy ball...

Having N'Zogbia and Gutierrez on the flanks would scare the shit out of a lot of teams in this league because nobody likes defending against players who are quick and direct and who will just keep coming and coming and coming. It'll free up more space in the middle for the likes of Barton to get on the ball and play a bit and should allow us to bring the fullbacks into the game further up the pitch (which we just simply don't do like the better teams in the league.) Also, I do get the feeling that they'd interchange at least as well if not better than the current pair do. I know N'Zogbia on the right is something we've never really seen, but if he was given the ball in an area where he could attack INSIDE of a full-back and do what Gutierrez does best from the left, he's got a better shot than both Duff and Jonas and could offer another option for a goal.

At the minute we're not getting much from out wide at all and I find myself yearning for a bit of Keegan-esque 4-3-3 action, especially seeing how both Martins AND Owen simply have to play.

Honestly, we have devolved since KK's exit into a team with no core beliefs or style, no real tactical outline (as far as I can tell) and no confidence. These players can still obviously play, we've even seen the proof recently against WBA and Aston Villa, but there's no rhythm or reason to any of it, it's very much gone back to how it was under Souness and Roeder in that we've become an unpredictable mess, despite fielding pretty much the same team every game this time around (certainly recently).

I understand the role that circumstances have played in everthing (I'm talking the sale stuff here), but I still find it hard to excuse a team of footballers who get paid as much as they do and a coaching staff/manager who get paid as much as they do for such a ragtag appearance to the whole outfit.

N'Zogbia has to start getting some minutes. I know he's frustrating but he's quick and he can make stuff happen, no matter how inconsistent people may claim him to be. Also, I appreciate Duff hasn't been down at his usual level (for us) recently, but I'd still love to see Charlie in there ahead of him, simply because he offers more of a threat.

For all Duff's huff and puff (have some of that rhyming, brap) he just doesn't commit defenders or go past people, or do anything with any pace and directness... he's not completely finished, obviously, but he's a pale shadow of his former self (not that this is anything people don't already know.) N'Zogbia will lose the ball, aye, but fucking hell man. I'd rather see him lose the ball 4 times out of 5 and see him do what he did for Martins today on the 5th try than see Damien Duff slow the pace down and play it backwards, or run into a hole and have to give an easy ball...

Having N'Zogbia and Gutierrez on the flanks would scare the shit out of a lot of teams in this league because nobody likes defending against players who are quick and direct and who will just keep coming and coming and coming. It'll free up more space in the middle for the likes of Barton to get on the ball and play a bit and should allow us to bring the fullbacks into the game further up the pitch (which we just simply don't do like the better teams in the league.) Also, I do get the feeling that they'd interchange at least as well if not better than the current pair do. I know N'Zogbia on the right is something we've never really seen, but if he was given the ball in an area where he could attack INSIDE of a full-back and do what Gutierrez does best from the left, he's got a better shot than both Duff and Jonas and could offer another option for a goal.

At the minute we're not getting much from out wide at all and I find myself yearning for a bit of Keegan-esque 4-3-3 action, especially seeing how both Martins AND Owen simply have to play.

well put. for me it's got to be a 4-4-2 with two fast wingers in Jonas and Zogbia and Martins-Owen upfront. Or the 4-3-3 with Shola replacing Viduka from last season. we can't really afford to leave either of Martins or Owen out the side imo, by far our best players.

For all Duff's huff and puff (have some of that rhyming, brap) he just doesn't commit defenders or go past people, or do anything with any pace and directness... he's not completely finished, obviously, but he's a pale shadow of his former self (not that this is anything people don't already know.) N'Zogbia will lose the ball, aye, but f***ing hell man. I'd rather see him lose the ball 4 times out of 5 and see him do what he did for Martins today on the 5th try than see Damien Duff slow the pace down and play it backwards, or run into a hole and have to give an easy ball...

Having N'Zogbia and Gutierrez on the flanks would scare the s*** out of a lot of teams in this league because nobody likes defending against players who are quick and direct and who will just keep coming and coming and coming. It'll free up more space in the middle for the likes of Barton to get on the ball and play a bit and should allow us to bring the fullbacks into the game further up the pitch (which we just simply don't do like the better teams in the league.) Also, I do get the feeling that they'd interchange at least as well if not better than the current pair do. I know N'Zogbia on the right is something we've never really seen, but if he was given the ball in an area where he could attack INSIDE of a full-back and do what Gutierrez does best from the left, he's got a better shot than both Duff and Jonas and could offer another option for a goal.

Hear f***ing hear!

Seriously, this:

Jonas    Barton  Zoggy

Owen

Martins  A fit Viduka

would be magical. If only!

One thing you always believed under KK was that if he had his full-strength 11 out on the field, we'd be a match for anybody and even without them you were still left hopeful. As it stands, we are Taylor and Viduka away (IMO) from being able to select our strongest 18-man squad (Given, Beye, Taylor, Coloccini, N'Zogbia, Barton, Butt, Gutierrez, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Harper, Bassong, Enrique, Geremi, Guthrie, Duff, Ameobi) and we're still performing atrociously at times.

(Smith's omission needs no explanation and Xisco/Gonzalez are still pretty much an unknown quantity, Cacapa played himself out of the reckoning long ago.)

So, in my opinion, we have 16 of our "best" 18 available to us and fully fit, right now, with Taylor expected back by Chelsea and Viduka apparently within a month.

There really is no fucking excuse for what we saw today, whereas in the past the likes of Souness and Roeder could quite easily point to injuries... there's just no direction or flair or any form of cohesion at all and it's just not good enough, interim manager or no interim manager. What the fuck are they doing Monday-Friday?