Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic 15/11/08 - post-match reaction from page 14

Rich

I disagree. Ameobi has earned his place with a string of decent performances to go with a few goals. His major positive and effective improvement has been to make the ball stick up front.

A few goals and a few decent passes is not good enough when you spend the other 80 minutes of the game falling over, misplacing headers and passes, running into nowhere and trying to over-skill the ball. He's a very bad centre forward and every time he gets the ball, it's like everything runs in slow motion.

I also think Jonas did not have a very good game at all, and the trident spearhead was the right thing to go with when you need two goals to win a game.

So? Martins had a s*** game, but he still scored what was nearly the winner. It takes a moment of brilliance to win a game and a score a goal. And I firmly believe that only Martins, Owen and Jonas are the three players in our team atm that can get something from nothing.

I'd have Jonas and Owen on the pitch over Duff and Shola any day of the week.

Guest chris1210

I hope someone injures Duff in training, he is seriously shockingly poor. His positional sense is quite frankly the worst i've ever seen.... he's soft as clarts in the tackle, cant take a man on, only passes backwards, cant shoot..... what will it take for N'zogbia to start in his place? I agree Jonas had another poor outing, but still poses much more of a threat than Duff.

Owen HAS to start from now on.... drop the fucking irish loyalty and drop Duff who is frankly dogshit.

I hope someone injures Duff in training, he is seriously shockingly poor. His positional sense is quite frankly the worst i've ever seen.... he's soft as clarts in the tackle, cant take a man on, only passes backwards, cant shoot..... what will it take for N'zogbia to start in his place? I agree Jonas had another poor outing, but still poses much more of a threat than Duff.

Owen HAS to start from now on.... drop the fucking irish loyalty and drop Duff who is frankly dogshit.

Duff's biggest problem is he has a heart the size of a baked bean.

As pretty as Jonas makes it all look, Duff was contributing more today.

Given that Kinnear is sitting there on the pitch watching these players, and that he's an actual football manager which all of us or not, I'm willing to trust his decision on the subs.

Duff and Ameobi set up the equalizer for Owen. Bit harsh to single them out for criticism.

Get rid of that useless c*** Kinnear and get Beardo managing until the takeover.

Dont get me started on Beardsley he was licking Ashleys butt and not so long ago ,wrong to make a change now tbh      oh fuck im totally confused where we go from here

Given that Kinnear is sitting there on the pitch watching these players, and that he's an actual football manager which all of us or not, I'm willing to trust his decision on the subs.

Duff and Ameobi set up the equalizer for Owen. Bit harsh to single them out for criticism.

Great. Fantastic. They can set up a goal. That'll make us a driving force. One fucking goal.

The thing is they may do one or two things, but it doesn't contribute to the game as a whole. Every time they get the ball, it pretty much ends with a "Duff runs around in circles, and loses the ball" or a "Ameobi...gives the ball away/fouls his man/heads the ball to the keeper".

Everyone is going to have a decent spell/moment in a game, but it doesn't make them a good player.

Fair enough, it's harsh to criticise for their contribution to the goals, but Jonas and Owen would no doubt have done the same in their positions.

Get rid of that useless c*** Kinnear and get Beardo managing until the takeover.

Dont get me started on Beardsley he was licking Ashleys butt

So were most people. At the time such a thing was justifiable, now it's not.

what I really want to know is what Kinnear says to the lads at halftime to make them play better, and why he can't just say it before the match.

I reckon he'd get dragged away in a straight jacket if he walked into the dressing room before the game and said "You were all s*** out there, now go back out and f***ing play for that shirt, and give these fans some to cheer about you bunch of wasting tossers".

"But boss, we were just warming up" ;)

Great. Fantastic. They can set up a goal. That'll make us a driving force. One f***ing goal.

The thing is they may do one or two things, but it doesn't contribute to the game as a whole. Every time they get the ball, it pretty much ends with a "Duff runs around in circles, and loses the ball" or a "Ameobi...gives the ball away/fouls his man/heads the ball to the keeper".

Everyone is going to have a decent spell/moment in a game, but it doesn't make them a good player.

Fair enough, it's harsh to criticise for their contribution to the goals, but Jonas and Owen would no doubt have done the same in their positions.

I agree that they're both squad players in an ideal world, but given the sorry state I'm in I think the agenda people have against them is misguided given they're contributions.

Besides, the bit about Ameobi is just blatantly false. I know it's just Shola, but take off your shit-tinted glasses and look at what he's been doing for us lately.

Guest Heneage

Why not go hell for leather and play all 3 strikers, they offer 3 different avenues? Go 4 then Midfield of Barton Guitierez N'Zogbia.

Besides, the bit about Ameobi is just blatantly false. I know it's just Shola, but take off your s***-tinted glasses and look at what he's been doing for us lately.

Aye, alright then. I'll jump aboard the 'fickle bus' and talk about how fantastic Shola's been and how he's definitely coming into his own now.

I'm sorry but you can't polish a turd. He has put in some decent shifts and a couple of goals fair enough, but alot of it has been down to luck. I reckon anyone in his position would have had the same result (inc the likes of Carroll).

He is, and always shall be, the clumbsy, shit first touch Shola that he always has been. I wish he wasn't, because I've wanted the guy to succeed, but he is.

I personally hope the Duke shows his face again in a few weeks.

Just got back. Enrique was a f***ing disgrace and I'm STILL baffled as to why Jonas was taken off again and it didn't get a good reaction from the crowd either. Was pleased to see the Zogster get some game time and he was a threat for us when he came on, which will hopefully make Kinnear sit up and take notice. f***ing lol Titus Bramble you big fat mistake.

Btw, any news on the fan who went for Kinnear? It looked like he was ready to swing for someone like from where we were sitting.

Teally really bad, a makeshift Wigan team that go down to 10 men and we were so lucky to egt a pint.

Enrique was deadful, Duff was shocking, Jonas was very poor but was better than Duff.

JK got it all wrong again today, we need a buyer as soon as.

I disagree. Ameobi has earned his place with a string of decent performances to go with a few goals. His major positive and effective improvement has been to make the ball stick up front.

A few goals and a few decent passes is not good enough when you spend the other 80 minutes of the game falling over, misplacing headers and passes, running into nowhere and trying to over-skill the ball. He's a very bad centre forward and every time he gets the ball, it's like everything runs in slow motion.

I also think Jonas did not have a very good game at all, and the trident spearhead was the right thing to go with when you need two goals to win a game.

So? Martins had a s*** game, but he still scored what was nearly the winner. It takes a moment of brilliance to win a game and a score a goal. And I firmly believe that only Martins, Owen and Jonas are the three players in our team atm that can get something from nothing.

I'd have Jonas and Owen on the pitch over Duff and Shola any day of the week.

I agree with everything said about the Ameobi of the last few years. However there is more of a fluidity in his movement and his game of late, and it is an improvement that must be marked. We don't have another choice until Viduka is back, and Owen up front alone with Martins will not work in our current predicament

Guest firetotheworks

Ameobi - Aye he's done alright for us lately, but it wont continue. We know that, I gave him the benefit of the doubt up until about 2006 when Allardyce came in. He's been here long enough for us all to know that he wont keep this up.

Duff - Contributes nothing but hard work. He cant beat his man, he cant cross beyond his man and regularly goes round in circles, runs into dead ends and loses the ball.

Jonas - Always looking to take on his man, usually beats his man. Opens up space for other players because he pulls the opposition all over the place. He's direct into the right areas, plays neat and tidy and always looks a threat

I know, lets take off Jonas.

I dont buy the whole watching from the touchline thing either. Its good for relaying instructions but it is never going to give you a better idea of what a players doing. If that were the case then the TV cameras would be there as default so we could all see whats going on.

Kinnear taking off Enrique for NZogbia was spot on, but keeping Duff on instead of Jonas is a joke, and not a very funny one.