Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Distribution can always be worked on, however his ability to get forward is internal, unfortunately if he doesnt get forward at the right times and support the attack then he is a problme player for that reason alone.

Defensively he is excellent, i genuinely cant fault him but he never gets forward at the right time, i cant remeber the last time i saw him put a cross in from the byline, contrast that with Beye and for me you see his one major flaw which is a genuine problem for the team.

He's like the exact opposite of robert.

from what ive seen i honestly think his passing ability is good! maybe sometimes a bit on/off but mostly good id say.

strong, fast and good attitude i like him.  Young too

would be stupid to get rid

Distribution can always be worked on, however his ability to get forward is internal, unfortunately if he doesnt get forward at the right times and support the attack then he is a problme player for that reason alone.

Defensively he is excellent, i genuinely cant fault him but he never gets forward at the right time, i cant remeber the last time i saw him put a cross in from the byline, contrast that with Beye and for me you see his one major flaw which is a genuine problem for the team.

Mate, you are right that he barely overlaps to help the attack but I think this is more because of what he has been told as opposed to some 'internal' factors you make out. I remember quite distinctively that in his first few games for us, he did a fair share of overlapping runs even taking on defenders to get a shot in. Since then though he has mainly just tried to cross the ball from very deep position (read halfway line). A new attack minded manager can get him to play like he used to play again, he is still young and will learn and develop.

Remember Babayaro anyone?

Guest firetotheworks

Mate, you are right that he barely overlaps to help the attack but I think this is more because of what he has been told as opposed to some 'internal' factors you make out. I remember quite distinctively that in his first few games for us, he did a fair share of overlapping runs even taking on defenders to get a shot in. Since then though he has mainly just tried to cross the ball from very deep position (read halfway line). A new attack minded manager can get him to play like he used to play again, he is still young and will learn and develop.

Good point. I completely forgot about that actually.

Guest firetotheworks

Unbelievable number of our fans seem to have their heads in the sand.

I read that and thought 'in which way does he mean that?'

I think that sums it up, people are quite split on their opinion on Enrique, and if thats the case the people who dont rate him should step back and accept it and try and get behind him. Instead of playing the devils advocate and say the people who rate him should take a step back and realise he's rubbish, think about which decision would have more of a positive effect on the team.

Guest Geordiesned

Unbelievable number of our fans seem to have their heads in the sand.

I read that and thought 'in which way does he mean that?'

Deliberately left it like that. ;)

Ywh will agree with that, definitely been instrructed to stay in his own half recently but i dont think he's got forward well at all in his career here. Even last year under Keegans revival i dont think he got forward enough. He always hugs the sideline when he goes forward and that makes his so easy to mark. No threat whatseover going forward.  

Enrique should really model himself on Beye.

Allardyce paid £6million for him and wasn't keen on playing him. KK was never sold on him and wanted a replacement too. JFK plays him out of necessity.

Why? Because this abomination of a footballer would struggle to pass the salt at a two person dinner party. An extremely bad footballer and January can't come quick enough to see if we can recoup some of our outlay and bring in someone who can successfully pass the ball six yards.

oh dear. Do you mean we are still buying bad players ?

Allardyce paid £6million for him and wasn't keen on playing him. KK was never sold on him and wanted a replacement too. JFK plays him out of necessity.

Why? Because this abomination of a footballer would struggle to pass the salt at a two person dinner party. An extremely bad footballer and January can't come quick enough to see if we can recoup some of our outlay and bring in someone who can successfully pass the ball six yards.

To be fair NE5, given that Enrique was Allardyce's record signing, it's safe to assume that we'd have signed him whether Shepherd was chairman, or Ashley.

Stop trying to drag ANOTHER fucking thread into your boring bullshit which will more than likely turn into a "he started it" "why don't you get HIM to answer my questions" pathetic, never ending pile of shite!

FYP

• 3 weeks later...

Enrique is such a confidence player.

My mate was shouting for him to be subbed after 20 mins and then, after his good run and shot, I told him that he's be good after that.

In the second half, I thought he was superb. If JFK would show the same confidence in him that he has with Shola, he could be a really decent player. His defending is certainly solid.

The lad's got potential, he's young and he's had some great games. His defending has always been above average, imo, and all that is/was missing was just locating his passes. He was brilliant today and a contender for MoTM. If he's consistently good like this, he's easily a top 6 LB.

We all know he's got a lot of quality about him, it's whether he can find some consistency that bothers me. He also seems like quite a confidence-reliant player, so good performances like today (second half at least) will do him the world of good, as will the clean sheet on it's own.