Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Guest firetotheworks

I still think hes good when he knows he's allowed to get forward. He was under Keegan and he seems to be whenever NZogbia plays. Ive got no problem with him defensively, I think he reads opponents very well. I really hope we keep him.

I cant for the life of me see any benefit in selling him full stop. He's shown glimpses - more often than not, and is still young, he's not an overly expensive aquisition and definitely isnt a flop, if he was 27-28 id still keep him as a back up but the fact that he has time on his side is a big plus point fo me.

He seems like a really decent player, i hope he stays.

Based on 1 good game out of about 10 ?

:idiot2:

Not really, i always thought he was decent, seems to know what he's doing which is far better than anything we had in the last few years, good technique, strong, fast and he's only 21.

Guest firetotheworks

He's been very good in 3 games that I can remember in the last 2 months alone (Villa, Chelsea, Portsmouth) even when he was poor against Boro we still kept a clean sheet with him in the team and it seemed like all the fog that day was around that left back position. So I challenge you to name a realistic alternative who is better for us. Because I cant think of one, not because their arent good fullbacks, but because I dont think theyd be an improvement on Enrique.

Or based on his overall impression of the player in the 30+ games he's played for us?  Or have you only seen the last 10 games?

Enrique's weakness is his attacking play rather than his defending, it doesn't seem to be his natural instinct to raid down the flanks and overlap. Funnily enough, he does look like he could be coached into doing it, he's got a sweet left foot and he's got a couple of assists to his name now. I still think he's going to become a much better player, if not here, then somewhere else if we're dumb enough to sell him.

Guest firetotheworks

Very good again today. Do the people who thought he was a 'joke' still think that now? Or do you think he's done enough to convince you hes a much better prospect than anyone we may be able to persuade to come in January?

I never realized how fast he was until he matched Lennon for pace. Very very few fullbacks can match him and it was a fucking delight to see that prick Lennon being so frustrated coz for once he could not rely on his speed to skin the fullback. You could see that time and time again he wanted to prove that he can beat Enrique for speed and time and time again he failed.

Don't mind getting another LB but only as 2nd fiddle to Enrique. Let the lad grow and develop at St James and he will be awesome! 

Guest The German

I never realized how fast he was until he matched Lennon for pace. Very very few fullbacks can match him and it was a f***ing delight to see that prick Lennon being so frustrated coz for once he could not rely on his speed to skin the fullback. You could see that time and time again he wanted to prove that he can beat Enrique for speed and time and time again he failed.

Don't mind getting another LB but only as 2nd fiddle to Enrique. Let the lad grow and develop at St James and he will be awesome!   

What has happend to Ben Tozer. Wasn't he signed for backing up Enrique and N'Zogbia. A man for the futur???

I never realized how fast he was until he matched Lennon for pace. Very very few fullbacks can match him....

I did, the reason it isn't more obvious is he only really uses it defensively when a winger is taking him on. There's been a few times in his Newcastle career players have got the wrong side of him and he slips into overdrive and catches them before they know what's happened. The lad's an unpolished gem IMO.