Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

I always enjoy watching the opposition right winger try and get the ball off him when he's trapped in the corner with nowhere to go which inevitably ends in Enrique skipping away with the ball in the opposite direction down the touchline.

Aye :lol:, it used to be risky when he wasn't used to the pace of english football, but he seems to act faster now and it really show. Inevitable that he comes away with the ball, usually playing a good cross or keeping possession. Seems to combine well with anyone who can pass too.

And Jonas as well, tbh :nods:

Guest neesy111

I always enjoy watching the opposition right winger try and get the ball off him when he's trapped in the corner with nowhere to go which inevitably ends in Enrique skipping away with the ball in the opposite direction down the touchline.

he did very well with that, but did give away the ball a lot himself though

Cracking player. He's just about the only one - along with Taylor and probably Barton if he gets his act together - who i can genuinely look at when he's playing and think; "f***ing hell - he really is a class above this league".

Don't you think that with Harper?

Not in the slightest.

His passing is still unnecessarily sloppy at times, that would be my only criticism of him, well and his crossing is hit and miss.

His crossing is more hit than it is miss nowadays imo; and that's not just cos we've dropped down a division. The bend and whip in the ball he gets is superb; there was a couple last night that led to nothing - if only for the simple fact we had no one in the box. Infact, the delivery into the box was really good all the way through the second half last night - we should have won by a lot more.

If we keep him, Taylor and Coloccini together we'll concede very few in this league

If we have Smith playing like he did last night also, I agree. I think the lack of Nicky Butt also is a factor in our new found defensive capability.

If we keep him, Taylor and Coloccini together we'll concede very few in this league

If we have Smith playing like he did last night also, I agree. I think the lack of Nicky Butt also is a factor in our new found defensive capability.

I'm dreading his return.

Guest The Libertine

a full season in this league could be the making of him. if he keeps progressing as he is he'll be a killer next year.

We are lucky that he wanted to stay, he is not going to here all pissed off unlike maybe Jonas and Colo might be.

I don't like the fact that people on this board seem incapable of giving praise to one player without being vindictive about another. Coloccini and Jonas would both walk into a championship best Xl and showed against Palace how important they are to us. The Jury is still out on Jonas' attitude but Coloccini has demonstrated a willingness to adapt and work hard recently. I'm very, very glad that both are still here.

His passing is still unnecessarily sloppy at times, that would be my only criticism of him, well and his crossing is hit and miss.

Yep. He's class, surprised no premiership teams came in for him. Excellent player.

We are lucky that he wanted to stay, he is not going to here all pissed off unlike maybe Jonas and Colo might be.

I don't like the fact that people on this board seem incapable of giving praise to one player without being vindictive about another. Coloccini and Jonas would both walk into a championship best Xl and showed against Palace how important they are to us. The Jury is still out on Jonas' attitude but Coloccini has demonstrated a willingness to adapt and work hard recently. I'm very, very glad that both are still here.

QFT

Coloccini is an accident waiting to happen, even in this league.

I don't see how, his concentration isn't bad and he rarely makes position errors. His lack of strength and pace is a problem but he appears to be adapting well and has definetly taken a more cynical approach in his first few championship games.

Of course people like you will never give him a chance, you'll have a go at him constantly at the game then argue that every goal we concede is his fault, it's pathetic. Stop listening to Lawrenson and actually watch him, if of course you agree that it's possible to defend well without last ditch tackles.

It's hard to tell if Enrique has really moved up that much or whether the lower standards of the Championship is making him look better, but I think he is always getting better and I'd love him to stay.  I think he is a key player for us and he has hit a few decent crosses when getting forward of late, so if he can keep improving this and perhaps add a few goals I'd be over the moon.  He has got better positionally and defensively over time, perhaps not as fast as we'd like but he hasn't been here long and he is only 23 years old.  He needs our support right now to keep his confidence high.

He was getting better and better throughout last season, so its not just the drop in quality that makes him look good. Didn't think last night was his best game with a few sloppy passes, but in defending he couldnt be faulted. He just needs to concentrate and keep improving at the same rate and he will become a top top player.

Find it hard to believe that we've managed to keep a player of his ability in this league. He's absolute streets ahead of most players in this league. If we manage to go up first time and hold onto him we would have done great, because we will not find a better left back than him to sign for us even if we go straight back up. He has a lot of potential.

Find it hard to believe that we've managed to keep a player of his ability in this league. He's absolute streets ahead of most players in this league. If we manage to go up first time and hold onto him we would have done great, because we will not find a better left back than him to sign for us even if we go straight back up. He has a lot of potential.

I'm pleased he stayed, it's been shit since he has signed for us with managers changing so much and relegation, so fair play to him. 

Guest antz1uk

does this not just go to show the standard of football in the primera league is just average and on a par with the championship?

the 4 spanish players we have (including xisco) were outstanding in their league over there, no matter what we say they were all fans favourites in their respective teams, even bloody luque was!

Coloccini is an accident waiting to happen, even in this league.

He's making the same mistakes, but getting away with them in the Chumpionship.

That goes for the rest of the team too.

I don't see how, his concentration isn't bad and he rarely makes position errors. His lack of strength and pace is a problem but he appears to be adapting well and has definetly taken a more cynical approach in his first few championship games.

Of course people like you will never give him a chance, you'll have a go at him constantly at the game then argue that every goal we concede is his fault, it's pathetic. Stop listening to Lawrenson and actually watch him, if of course you agree that it's possible to defend well without last ditch tackles.

I've always though Enrique's strength has been one of his strongest points of his game, he lacks acceleration not pace. I think his decision making has improved a lot, he seems to be making the right passes at the right time, he knows when he pass short and when he needs to go long.

I've always though Enrique's strength has been one of his strongest points of his game, he lacks acceleration not pace. I think his decision making has improved a lot, he seems to be making the right passes at the right time, he knows when he pass short and when he needs to go long.

I think he's referring to Coloccini.

I think he's referring to Coloccini.

I agree then ;)