Avram Grant vs Joe Kinnear

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't understand why people want ANOTHER manager prior to a possible takeover where new owners will likely be getting their own man in anyway. Yes he pisses on JFK but our club needs some form of stability - another change in personnel will just baffle the team further. I'd take him as a long term appointment with a new structure/ownership but certainly not as another stop-gap just because he's better than what we have.

The problem is we are close to the alleged deadline, is the club going to be sold or is Ashley staying? If Ashley stays then does he stick with Kinnear? I would hope not. But if the club is close to be sold then obviously we should wait. The problem is we don't know shit about what's going on.

If we set aside the unrealistic expectation that whoever comes in to replace Ashley should and would throw money about willy nilly to get whoever the fans want, Grant might be one of the best people out there who might actually take the job at this stage of the season.

Can't understand why people want ANOTHER manager prior to a possible takeover where new owners will likely be getting their own man in anyway. Yes he pisses on JFK but our club needs some form of stability - another change in personnel will just baffle the team further. I'd take him as a long term appointment with a new structure/ownership but certainly not as another stop-gap just because he's better than what we have.

I think Joe Kinnear is doing a good job baffling the players already. As things stand at the moment I wouldn't say no to him.

Guest The Libertine

2nd in the league, 2nd in the carling cup and 2nd in the champions league last year.

still not good enough for some people on here but steve bruce is. my word.

Guest LucaAltieri

2nd in the league, 2nd in the carling cup and 2nd in the champions league last year.

Aye, for all some on here slate the media they still form their biases based on the shite they read.

Slate Grant.

Praise Bruce.

Guest LucaAltieri

Grant inherited a slightly better squad than we have. Just an opinion I thought I'd throw out there.

Good thing we're not demanding a champions league final then.

That's ridiculous imo.

People quickly forget that Grant had NO footballing pedigree prior to coming in at Chelsea. Has everyone suddenly forgotten the stories about how it was the players who ran the Chelsea team last season rather than Grant? Has everyone forgotten how he comes across talking to the media? The man had absolutely no character whatsoever, and was just a sitting duck until Abramovic got his man.

Guest LucaAltieri

That's ridiculous imo.

People quickly forget that Grant had NO footballing pedigree prior to coming in at Chelsea. Has everyone suddenly forgotten the stories about how it was the players who ran the Chelsea team last season rather than Grant? Has everyone forgotten how he comes across talking to the media? The man had absolutely no character whatsoever, and was just a sitting duck until Abramovic got his man.

Says The Sun.

That's ridiculous imo.

Says The Sun.

Yeah. and if we had beaten Wigan, no one on here would be saying they'd take a no mark like Grant over another no mark like Kinnear.

I would have taken Grant before Kinnear came in when we had no one. I would not take him now as he's barely qualified to manage at the top level.

Guest The Libertine

That's ridiculous imo.

a - untrue

b - he did more in 1 season than most managers ever will.

any proof of the players bit? no.

That's ridiculous imo.

a - untrue

He's managed a handful of clubs in Israel and done reasonably well with them.

He's managed the Israeli national team with no significant results or achievements to speak of.

He was DOF at Portsmouth for a little time.

He was DOF at Chelsea before taking over a star-studded squad, from Chelsea's best ever manager, working for the then richest owner in world football. Managed for one year before he was out on his arse.

Is that "pedigree" really worth unsettling our squad yet again for? A resounding no is the only sane answer.

Guest LucaAltieri

That's ridiculous imo.

Says The Sun.

Yeah. and if we had beaten Wigan, no one on here would be saying they'd take a no mark like Grant over another no mark like Kinnear.

I would have taken Grant before Kinnear came in when we had no one. I would not take him now as he's barely qualified to manage at the top level.

Well that's simply not true as on here there are a wide-range of opinions but the majority thought Kinnear was a bad appointment and didn't want him even if he kept a 100% record (see the poll).

On the other hand a few people did suggest Grant before the Kinnear appointment.

I imagine the vast majority, given a straight choice between the two, would pick Grant.

But that's neither here nor there. Grant has managed a top flight club this century therefore he's automatically more qualified than Kinnear was.

So he won nothing then in his one season with a fantabulous squad

I think Joe Kinnear is doing a good job baffling the players already. As things stand at the moment I wouldn't say no to him.

Had he been a young progressive thinking manager, I'd be willing to take a chance on him. As it is, he's 53 and had been a relative unknown in world football prior to managing Chelsea. Also, if he hadn't been friends with Abramovic he would have most likely never ever managed in a major European country let alone England.

Guest The Libertine

That's ridiculous imo.

a - untrue

He's managed a handful of clubs in Israel and done reasonably well with them.

He's managed the Israeli national team with no significant results or achievements to speak of.

He was DOF at Portsmouth for a little time.

He was DOF at Chelsea before taking over a star-studded squad, from Chelsea's best ever manager, working for the then richest owner in world football. Managed for one year before he was out on his arse.

Is that "pedigree" really worth unsettling our squad yet again for? A resounding no is the only sane answer.

won many trophies with his israel teams. very good.

only lost 6 in 33 as israel manager. very good for them.

2nd in the league, 2nd in the carling cup and 2nd in the champions league. better than "the special one" did in his last year. he also bough anelka who is currently winning chelsea the league.

we'll just stick with good old JK though.

Guest The Libertine

keegan won nothing with us after spending like a fucking madman for years. bring him back though, eh?

keegan won nothing with us after spending like a fucking madman for years. bring him back though, eh?

Sigh. :rolleyes:

Come on man. Suggesting Grant is a great manager because of that one season is madness man.

Had he been a young progressive thinking manager, I'd be willing to take a chance on him. As it is, he's 53 and had been a relative unknown in world football prior to managing Chelsea. Also, if he hadn't been friends with Abramovic he would have most likely never ever managed in a major European country let alone England.

But he did, and he did it well. Amazes me how he's been given absolute fuck all credit for what he did at Chelsea. Kinnear would NOT have reached the CL finals and climbed the league to finish second.