LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

If I lived in London and could have a season ticket to any team, I would go and watch Fulham. Everything about Craven Cottage is really good - there is no pressure on them to win, and the atmosphere is great because it is a proper old ground in a nice area where you can get a beer.

He's taking the piss now.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If I lived in London and could have a season ticket to any team, I would go and watch Fulham. Everything about Craven Cottage is really good - there is no pressure on them to win, and the atmosphere is great because it is a proper old ground in a nice area where you can get a beer.

Seriously? :lol:

I'd be infuriated!

If there's a team I would have a season ticket for if I fancied a weekly nap by the Thames, it would be Fulham. If I wanted to watch football it would be the last season ticket I would buy, really weird place to watch a game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/15938308.stm

Newcastle v Chelsea (1245 GMT)

There will be a big tribute to the late former Newcastle midfielder Gary Speed before this game, and rightly so. It will be an emotional occasion.

This is a big game for both teams too. Newcastle were absolutely outstanding defensively in their draw against Manchester United last week, with players throwing their bodies in the way and their goalkeeper Tim Krul making some tremendous saves.

Because of that point at Old Trafford, there will an expectancy from the Newcastle fans and I think they are going to get another draw here.

I think they have been better this year when teams have come on to them, and I think Chelsea will come to St James' Park and push on. Chelsea are not as good a team as they were and they don't have that awesome power in midfield but I still think they will attack.

Chelsea played a weakened team in their Carling Cup defeat by Liverpool on Tuesday but, for me, the biggest thing for their manager Andre Villas Boas to decide on is who are his best strikers, and then just stick with them.

At the moment, he is changing his strikers for virtually every game and when you do that there is no way that your front two or three can get any kind of understanding going. Daniel Sturridge and Juan Mata should be in there but Villas Boas has to decide who else is going to play.

He has a few other problems to contend with as well, though, but we sort of knew that already. It is the end of the old guard at Stamford Bridge and Villas Boas has to get some new players in January. The team clearly needs a revamp and he should not be dumped before he gets the chance to carry it out.

It is getting to crunch time for Villas Boas, though, with Chelsea's next two games against Valencia in the Champions League and Manchester City in the Premier League both being so important.

I would hope that his future is not in trouble if results go against him in those games, but I think the football world will decide otherwise.

Prediction: 1-1

I don't think Andre Villas-Boas will be looking forward to this one too much.

The Carling Cup defeat to Liverpool was a real blow. The manager is under pressure and winning that trophy would have bought him some time.

Defensively, in particular, Chelsea are absolutely shocking. Villas-Boas still doesn't know what his best team is and the players seem to be playing like they've never met each other. He is trying to play more open football, like he did with Porto, but that isn't Chelsea. They aren't protecting the back four like they used to.

Sooner or later Roman Abramovich is going to have to decide whether to back the players, who are getting older, or the manager. He's stood by the players in the past, but now he might decide to put his faith in a manager with a four or five year plan.

They spent a lot on him and it would be expensive to get rid of him. If they decide he's there for the long run then a few of those players will be worried.

The next few weeks are going to be a massive period for Chelsea. They won't have given up on the title, but at the moment they've got more chance of winning the Champions League than the Premier League. They're 10 points behind Man City and if they don't win here - and I can't see them doing that - then that gap will grow.

They've got a huge game with Valencia on Tuesday night, but they can't afford to rest players against a Newcastle team that's playing very well. They are very well organised and even though they will be a bit more open at home, I can't see them losing.

That shows how far Newcastle have come. At the start of the season I'd have definitely gone for an away win, but I've got to go for a draw.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Lawro!

Norwich v Newcastle

An interesting game this one. Going into their three most recent games - big games, all of them - I think if Newcastle had got three points they'd have done all right. But they only got one and now all of a sudden they've got injury problems with the likes of Steven Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini, decisions are going against them, and in the space of those games they've gone from high-flyers to a team enduring a bit of a wobble.

With all that in mind, I'm going with a Norwich win. Norwich are good at home, and manager Paul Lambert will have them well prepared. He will sense Newcastle are a little low, perhaps feeling a bit sorry for themselves, and he'll probably think "let's strike while the iron's hot".

Prediction: 2-1

Merson!

Norwich v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2

Newcastle were bang unlucky against Chelsea; David Luiz had to be sent off and if the right decision had been made I'm sure they wouldn't have lost the game. It's a big worry if their two centre-halves are injured though because Norwich are a decent team at home, so I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

Arsenal v Everton

Arsenal may have lost in the Champions League in midweek but forget about that, manager Arsene Wenger took the chance to rest a few players and I've no problem with that.

It'll be a huge relief to Arsene to know that the BBC's self appointed football expert agreed with his team selection

Liverpool v QPR

I'm normally one of Liverpool's most severe critics (really???) but I thought they were unlucky in losing at Fulham on Monday. The Jay Spearing tackle [for which he was sent off] would not even have got a yellow five years ago - it was just a good, strong tackle for me - and if he doesn't get sent off, Liverpool don't lose in my opinion. But such is life, and Liverpool have to pick themselves up.

This weekend QPR are in town and Neil Warnock's boys have enjoyed a lot more success on the road than at home this season.

The thing with Liverpool, though, is that I think they're about to beat someone quite heavily at home.

I just think someone's going to get rolled over.

That could be this weekend.

Prediction: 2-0

Since when has losing 2-0 been a heavy defeat?

In the space of those games they've gone from high-flyers to a team enduring a bit of a wobble.

???

Honestly don't see this. We've played the best 3 teams in the league and managed to match one (Could argue we matched Chelsea before the last 5 minutes with the amount of chances we had). If we fail to beat Norwich or Swansea I'd say we're on a bit of a wobble but at the moment, definitely not.

Guest iheartthetoons

LOLro is such a twat, it's unbelievable how deluded he is. And he really does know nothing about football. Did he even watch the Chelsea match?

He's got such beef with us, he needs to calm the fuck down!

Liverpool v QPR

I'm normally one of Liverpool's most severe critics (really???) but I thought they were unlucky in losing at Fulham on Monday. The Jay Spearing tackle [for which he was sent off] would not even have got a yellow five years ago - it was just a good, strong tackle for me - and if he doesn't get sent off, Liverpool don't lose in my opinion. But such is life, and Liverpool have to pick themselves up.

This weekend QPR are in town and Neil Warnock's boys have enjoyed a lot more success on the road than at home this season.

The thing with Liverpool, though, is that I think they're about to beat someone quite heavily at home.

I just think someone's going to get rolled over.

That could be this weekend.

Prediction: 2-0

Since when has losing 2-0 been a heavy defeat?

What a chronic bellend.

In the space of those games they've gone from high-flyers to a team enduring a bit of a wobble.

???

Honestly don't see this. We've played the best 3 teams in the league and managed to match one (Could argue we matched Chelsea before the last 5 minutes with the amount of chances we had). If we fail to beat Norwich or Swansea I'd say we're on a bit of a wobble but at the moment, definitely not.

Totally, that Lawro statement is nonsense. No surprise there like.