LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Consequently, you look at Villa and you see a mid-table side. People say they are a big club, but they're not.

He says some daft s**** about us, but that is just f***ing uncalled for, if I was a Villa fan i'd be seething at that, man :lol:

Yh it was, but its true IMO sometimes the truth hurts  :lol: Seriously tho, if i was a villa fan the pitch forks would be out.

What is it with him and 1-1?  About 10% of pl games finish 1-1 yet he consistently seems to think about half will.

You know that latest 1-1 prediction was a parody, right? :lol:

Yeah but 4/10 of his predictions this week are 1-1.

What is it with him and 1-1?  About 10% of pl games finish 1-1 yet he consistently seems to think about half will.

You know that latest 1-1 prediction was a parody, right? :lol:

Yeah but 4/10 of his predictions this week are 1-1.

Ah rights. Not looked at the other matches. :thup:

Why is he start liking us suddenly.....After QPR game he is been very positive......

Newcastle v Aston Villa

I think there is a bigger story at Aston Villa than their results under their manager Alex McLeish.

The only players they signed in January were Robbie Keane on loan and a young full-back called Enda Stevens. It appears it is all about profit and loss and the balance sheet at Villa Park, with chairman Randy Lerner saying 'we cannot spend more than we earn, end of'.

Consequently, you look at Villa and you see a mid-table side. People say they are a big club, but they're not. They were a big club but they aren't anymore, just like you could say Liverpool are not as big as they were. Those are the facts.

As for the game, Newcastle will have Demba Ba and Papiss Demba Cisse back from the Africa Cup of Nations, which will be another boost for them.

Wednesday's win at Blackburn was a really important one for them. The Magpies didn't play well, and at times they were out-played but they still nicked an away win in the Premier League. I'm told that Fabricio Coloccini has been great as a captain, not just as a player, and they have got a great spirit in their squad. Well, they showed it at Ewood Park.

I thought Newcastle's form would drop off in the New Year but they have proved me wrong and done marvellously by winning four of their last six league games. I have to back them here.

Prediction: 2-0

Newcastle are above Liverpool and Arsenal in the Premier League and they're starting to remind me of the time Everton finished in a Champions League spot.

But I just have a funny feeling they might lose on Sunday.

They've been scoring the first goal and riding their luck in some games. I don't know how they managed to beat Blackburn, that's a football match they should never have won, but they defended very well, they restricted the other team and Tim Krul didn't have to make many saves, apart from the penalty.

Everyone will now turn up and expect them to beat Villa at home, but I don't think Newcastle are playing great football and I don't see it happening.

Demba Ba could be involved again, but he'll have lost a lot of pride at the Africa Cup of Nations. His country, Senegal, finished bottom of their group without winning a game and I wouldn't be surprised if that knocks him a little bit.

Also, Aston Villa are good on the counter-attack as we saw against Arsenal last week. They also played very well in the second half against QPR and I just think they will be a threat to Newcastle.

I haven't been impressed with them this season, but they've been decent in the last couple of games. If they'd got through the first 10 minutes of the second half at Arsenal without conceding a goal then I think they'd have won the game. They might even have picked Arsenal off again. If they play like that against Newcastle they won't be too far away.

Charles N'Zogbia produced his best performance in an Aston Villa shirt in midweek and he always seems to do well against Newcastle, as we saw in his Wigan days. Maybe that will be the case again.

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling this game won't go the way everyone's expecting.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

You'll never guess what Merson reckons is going to happen...  :lol:

Well on the one hand he thinks Villa are a huge club but then him predicting them to win would be consistent and logical with his own opinion... so it could go either way.

I don't know how he "cannot see [us beating Villa]", like :lol:

We might not, especialy with Cabaye and Tiote out we are far from certain to pick up points here, but that is just fucking daft. We're 5th because we've been beating teams like Villa all season, not because we 'don't play great football', you muppet.

We might not, especialy with Cabaye and Tiote out we are far from certain to pick up points here, but that is just fucking daft. We're 5th because we've been beating teams like Villa all season, not because we 'don't play great football', you muppet.

We might not, especialy with Cabaye and Tiote out we are far from certain to pick up points here, but that is just f***ing daft. We're 5th because we've been beating teams like Villa all season, not because we 'don't play great football', you muppet.

I'm glad the rest of then laughed it off

Guest Haris Vuckic

What an idiot.

When Villa won the european cup it was a lot easier to win, then they got relegated the next season to gates of 14000.

Tedious debate anyway but Merson is a tit.

Merse always has to be different :lol:

Ford Super Sunday: Newcastle v Aston Villa

1pm, Sun, Sky Sports HD1

Newcastle are above Liverpool and Arsenal in the Premier League and they're starting to remind me of the time Evertonfinished in a Champions League spot.

They've been scoring the first goal and riding their luck in some games. I don't know how they managed to beat Blackburn, that's a football match they should never have won, but they defended very well, they restricted the other team and Tim Krul didn't have to make many saves, apart from the penalty.

Everyone will now turn up and expect them to beat Villa at home, but I don't think Newcastle are playing great football and I don't see it happening.

Demba Ba could be involved again, but he'll have lost a lot of pride at the Africa Cup of Nations. His country, Senegal, finished bottom of their group without winning a game and I wouldn't be surprised if that knocks him a little bit.

Also, Aston Villa are good on the counter-attack as we saw against Arsenal last week. They also played very well in the second half against QPR and I just think they will be a threat to Newcastle.

I haven't been impressed with them this season, but they've been decent in the last couple of games. If they'd got through the first 10 minutes of the second half at Arsenal without conceding a goal then I think they'd have won the game. They might even have picked Arsenal off again. If they play like that against Newcastle they won't be too far away.

Charles N'Zogbia produced his best performance in an Aston Villa shirt in midweek and he always seems to do well against Newcastle, as we saw in his Wigan days. Maybe that will be the case again.

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling this game won't go the way everyone's expecting.

Merse always has to be different :lol:

Ford Super Sunday: Newcastle v Aston Villa

1pm, Sun, Sky Sports HD1

Newcastle are above Liverpool and Arsenal in the Premier League and they're starting to remind me of the time Evertonfinished in a Champions League spot.

he wants us to crash and burn so badly

Classic 'you have won nowt drivel' ... Size is not determined by sucess. It corrolates but it is not definitive. That would be who is the most succesful club.

Spot on, it does my head in when people use historical success as an argument for why a club is big ect. A club like Liverpool can, their historical success is so good (sorry) that it still has a big effect on players looking at the club today "Most successful club in England" is a pretty big tag.

No player will join Villa because of their success, and it has no/very little impact on their current finances/gate reciepts/stadium size/pulling power/global support etc, which are the real things that make a club 'big'.