Taking Jonas off

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

one run in the first half he was passed ACole and was pulling away from him. He is quick as f*** once his gallop is up

Exactly, that's more of what we should be seeing from Jonas, none of this run around everywhere stuff, if he wants to be the focal point of our attacks, controlling everything he should be playing CM, but he's playing on the wing, and he should try and stick there beating his man.

Wasn't A Cole quicker then Henry? If so Jonas is bloody quick cause Cole was nowhere near him.

Duff was comfortable the worst player on the park yesterday. Bottled several challanges, didn't make any runs off the ball and did fuck all with it. Very poor on a day that most played their hearts out.

Duff was comfortable the worst player on the park yesterday. Bottled several challanges, didn't make any runs off the ball and did fuck all with it. Very poor on a day that most played their hearts out.

Comical cobblers.

Malouda was absolutely shocking and Deco completely anonymous.

Comical cobblers.

Malouda was absolutely shocking and Deco completely anonymous.

Actually I'd forgotten about Malouda, he was garbage too. Deco was anonymous, but he didn't do anything as badly as Duffer did.

Guittierez is pretty vital for us, when he plays well we look a different team. I like him a lot. Zoggy should be playing instead of Duff and we will lose zoggy soon - as well as Owen - which may not have happened if Keegan was still manager and we were a club looking like we were on the way upwards.

Guittierez is pretty vital for us, when he plays well we look a different team. I like him a lot. Zoggy should be playing instead of Duff and we will lose zoggy soon - as well as Owen - which may not have happened if Keegan was still manager and we were a club looking like we were on the way upwards.

Keegan didn't play Zog either. Don't know about Owen. He'd have been more likely to stay, but I've got a feeling he would have left regardless.

Keegan didn't play Zog either. Don't know about Owen. He'd have been more likely to stay, but I've got a feeling he would have left regardless.

Owen only came here as he was desperate to come back to England and our offer blew anything else out of the water. IMO he was never going to sign a new contract here.

Owen only came here as he was desperate to come back to England and our offer blew anything else out of the water. IMO he was never going to sign a new contract here.

:nods:

People will ignore that like they ignore the fact Faye wanted to be away as well though.

People will ignore that like they ignore the fact Faye wanted to be away as well though.

So did Barry and Ronaldo but they're still where they were.

Then they should have replaced him adequately.

no I won't ignore it, you might be right, but Keegan may have persuaded both of them to stay. If anyone could, he could. Players want to play for progressive clubs, in most circumstances. We'll never know now anyway.

no I won't ignore it, you might be right, but Keegan may have persuaded both of them to stay. If anyone could, he could. Players want to play for progressive clubs, in most circumstances. We'll never know now anyway.

You do realise of course that Faye was sold with Keegan in charge, yes?

Aye, but Faye isn't quite in their league like, not that you said he was mind.

And Owen is running his contract down.

When players want to leave they invariably do tbh.

Was the story doing the rounds not of a falling out between Keegan & Faye? :dontknow:

Difference is though, Barry & Ronaldo are under contract. If their contracts were ending in the summer, you can put your house on Barry being at Liverpool, and Ronaldo at Real Madrid in the summer.

Then they should have replaced him adequately.

Coloccini?

Wasn't he already bought before Faye was sold? And regardless we still needed someone bringing in, as Bassong was unproven at Premiership level, Cacapa seems a shadow of his first few games last season, and Taylor has already proven he's not good enough.

Wasn't he already bought before Faye was sold? And regardless we still needed someone bringing in, as Bassong was unproven at Premiership level, Cacapa seems a shadow of his first few games last season, and Taylor has already proven he's not good enough.

I'm sure that Coloccini did arrive before Faye left but that doesn't mean that he wasn't his replacement.  As for the other comments I'd agree about the players mentioned but don't have a problem with bringing in Bassong and gambling on him adapting which I know is easy to say at the minute.