The Smoggies Vs Newcastle United (29/11/08) The Riverside 3pm PRE-Match Thread.

Guest Heneage

Guest nufc_kev

We've only lost once at the Riverside iirc.

Twice in my recollection i think, Greg...

One where Yakubu got the winner and also one a few years back when Geremi scored the winner for them.

You're right, my memory is going......

Three times if you count the 3-1 league cup defeat in the 90's

We've only lost once at the Riverside iirc.

Twice in my recollection i think, Greg...

One where Yakubu got the winner and also one a few years back when Geremi scored the winner for them.

You're right, my memory is going......

Three times if you count the 3-1 league cup defeat in the 90's

No I don't count that, only so I'm not wrong twice.

Guest Heneage

After today I fully expect us to muck up against weaker opponents.

It depends which Boro show up really. They will either be truly shocking like today (Fingers crossed) or brilliant.

After today I fully expect us to muck up against weaker opponents.

It depends which Boro show up really. They will either be truly shocking like today (Fingers crossed) or brilliant.

My mate at the game said Boro played really well, just couldn't convert their chances.

I hope I am not going to be chased by a group of knuckle dragging smoggie fuckwits through the streets on Middlesborough this year like I was last year.

c***s!

How you getting down?

I'm getting the train, normally get the bus.

Guest Heneage

Do Boro have any major injury concerns? I'd imagine they'll line up;

------------------------Turnbull-----------------------

Hoyte---------Whater------Pogatetz---------Taylor

O'neil------------------Digard---------------Downing

------------------------Tuncay------------------------

----------------Alves----------Aliadiere.------

I hope I am not going to be chased by a group of knuckle dragging smoggie fuckwits through the streets on Middlesborough this year like I was last year.

c***s!

How you getting down?

Dont know yet mate, prolly find a bus somewhere.

c***s!

How you getting down?

Dont know yet mate, prolly find a bus somewhere.

The X10.  :coolsmiley:

c***s!

How you getting down?

round the coast or via darlo ? always preferred via darlo myself. used to scare eaglsecliffe for a pint or two back in the day.

c***s!

How you getting down?

round the coast or via darlo ? always preferred via darlo myself. used to scare eaglsecliffe for a pint or two back in the day.

I'm going straight from Manchester as it's cheaper than going home first, brother is getting the train from Newcastle, not sure which way.

theyre a weird team. on the one hand, theyre squad should be nowhere near this high in the league and theyve lost at home to west brom and bolton. then they pull out some cracking results at villa park and against spurs. jekyll and hyde

theyre a weird team. on the one hand, theyre squad should be nowhere near this high in the league and theyve lost at home to west brom and bolton. then they pull out some cracking results at villa park and against spurs. jekyll and hyde

where as we murder a villa team and go close with 10 men against a citeh team...both of which turn over arsenal......tis a weird league so far this season

Both teams very unpredictable. It would be typical us after a good defensive performance against Chelsea away to go on and let 3 or 4 against a Boro team that find it difficult to score. As its already been said, we really need some big performances for this game, especially from our midfield lads.

I expect JFK will go for the same team that started against Chelsea, but this time he'll start Ameobi instead of Martins. Dunno why, just got a feeling he will want to give shola one more chance before viduka arrives on the scene.

Either way we really really need to put on a good run now, the club needs it. The longer we hover around the relegation zone the greater chance we're not gonna tempt anyone half decent to be crazy enough to test their luck here in the transfer window. And at the same time less chance of keeping our own players when their opportunities to leave come up.

Head says 2-1 to them, heart says we'll get something out of it.

Guest black n white

given

beye bass collo  ricky

guthrie

duff                      zog

jonas

owen      martins