Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

I don't get why people dump on the French League. I find it entertaining to watch and follow. Definitely a hotbed for fantastic young talent as well.

Because most of the clubs are shit apart from Lyon. Lyon are worth watching as the backbone of there teams over the years have been Brazilians.  The French & Dutch leagues are getting worse year on year due to the major leagues thirst for younger players.

Guest Jawesome

Wish I spoke French like.

I once asked ChezGiven to read the best bits from the above but he could not be arsed :lol:

Fag.  Chez, get going.

GLHF.

And that's exactly what's happened, so far. :lol:

Maybe he's performing here because there isn't the same level of expectation he had at Metz - they clearly found him to be their next big thing whereas here he was just seen as a steady backup player.

Guest Jawesome
Sebastien Bassong cornerstone of the defense Newcastle, signed a Faultless face Tottenham (2-1).

Aye, I feel exactly the same way.

Bassong definitely has a chance to be in the French sqaud soon. Gallas and Silvestre are over 30 and not performing and Mexes is not performing at a high level. He will no doubt be among the players thought of after the next World Cup.

Guest Heneage

I like how Baheng calls Geremi, Mandela. :lol:

Yeah my mate had told me they call him Mandela and I thought he was taking the mick, but its true. Apparently he is like the Uncle/Dad of the group.

Yeah my mate had told me they call him Mandela and I thought he was taking the mick, but its true. Apparently he is like the Uncle/Dad of the group.

Theres a video on youtube with Diarra at Chelsea and his 'papa' Geremi.

Theres a video on youtube with Diarra at Chelsea and his 'papa' Geremi.

Oh krikey I remember that. :lol:

lets hope he doesn't go the way of this particular team-mate

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4686781,00.html

N'Zogbia's future at St James' Park has been the subject of conjecture amid reports that he has grown frustrated with his inconsistent chances in the first team.

The likes of Arsenal and Paris St Germain have been mooted as interested parties in the winger, while skysports.com understands Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is an admirer of his talent.

N'Zogbia is keen for a new challenge away from Tyneside and is hopeful of sealing an exit in the near future.

He told L'Equipe: " After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don't think that is possible here.

no ambition ?

Villa bigger and more ambitious than Newcastle ? Well, they acted it in the past, but not since 1992 they haven't been, until now that is.

N'Zogbia's future at St James' Park has been the subject of conjecture amid reports that he has grown frustrated with his inconsistent chances in the first team.

The likes of Arsenal and Paris St Germain have been mooted as interested parties in the winger, while skysports.com understands Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is an admirer of his talent.

N'Zogbia is keen for a new challenge away from Tyneside and is hopeful of sealing an exit in the near future.

He told L'Equipe: " After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don't think that is possible here.

no ambition ?

Villa bigger and more ambitious than Newcastle ? Well, they acted it in the past, but not since 1992 they haven't been, until now that is.

They've spent more than most teams in the Prem this year. It's going well for them an'll. Still think O'Neill's a uselss leprechaun? ;)

no ambition ?

They've spent more than most teams in the Prem this year. It's going well for them an'll. Still think O'Neill's a uselss leprechaun? ;)

you won't find a post by me saying he's useless, keep making things up though. Only that he would never put together a team as good as Keegan did while he had a hole in his arse.

1. He's been backed by his chairman/owner

2. He doesn't have a DOF or some other glorified chief scout undermining him with the owners approval

3. We used to have owner(s) ourselves who ticked those 2 particular boxes.

no ambition ?

Yes, why not steer the thread that way?  Bloody egomaniac.

Keep ignoring the reason he may leave if it suits you not to believe it then.