Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

Like Keegan new about Bassong. :lol:

He had final say on him when he was over on his trial. But don't let that get in the way of yourself talking shite or anything.

Keegan picked all the signings that did work out, Wise chose the ones that didn't. Everyone knows that. :lol:

Not at all man. The Bassong deal is a perfect example of how a scouting system should work. The scouts done an excellent job in picking him out, then it was left to the manager's judgement if he wanted to keep the player.

He had final say on him when he was over on his trial. But don't let that get in the way of yourself talking shite or anything.

Keegan picked all the signings that did work out, Wise chose the ones that didn't. Everyone knows that. :lol:

Not at all man. The Bassong deal is a perfect example of how a scouting system should work. The scouts done an excellent job in picking him out, then it was left to the manager's judgement if he wanted to keep the player.

black and white ain't it man? 

if you like any of the summer signings you automatically hate keegan, if you love keegan you can't give credit to wise & the cockney mafia

Thought he was superb again yesterday. 

Once again much credit to the much maligned Ashley scouting set up - not only do the players they've recruited look like excellent buys -they also seem to have excellent attitudes which is equally important.

Lets remember though lads that every centre half will make mistakes even John Terry and Rio F, so when Bassong does drop one lets not get at him as given time and support he could end up being one of the best CBs we've had in a long time.

Credit to Colo too, he's certainly helping Bassong.

What has impressed me alot is the way he's playing when considering he's still so young. Many young defenders have alot of rough edges and make the wrong decision here and there a little bit too often, young players often want to succeed a little bit too much, like instead of being calm and intelligent many younger ones throw them around everywhere and goes down for a sliding tackle when it's not needed,  it's a much safer option going in the other players way or push him off the ball and just continue with the ball safely and pick a simple pass.

Of course it's still early to say too much, but i've been very impressed so far with his way of defending and long may it continue..

Guest Heneage

I know Charlie has had a lot father figures during his time on a NUFC but I think he now has a good mate in Seb which he has needed.

It's another side to Bassong really, him Charlie, Wes Baheng of the academy and Geremi are all really good mates, I keep meaning to post my interview with Wes but he says Charlie has been a great help to him with English and stuff.

He had final say on him when he was over on his trial. But don't let that get in the way of yourself talking s**** or anything.

Then you're admitting Keegan had final say on signings and you love Mike Ashley again?

He had final say on him when he was over on his trial. But don't let that get in the way of yourself talking s**** or anything.

Then you're admitting Keegan had final say on signings and you love Mike Ashley again?

Nop. Nice way to twist my words though and ignoring what I posted about that's how a scouting system should work.

I know Charlie has had a lot father figures during his time on a NUFC but I think he now has a good mate in Seb which he has needed.

It's another side to Bassong really, him Charlie, Wes Baheng of the academy and Geremi are all really good mates, I keep meaning to post my interview with Wes but he says Charlie has been a great help to him with English and stuff.

Get it posted :thup:

Nop. Nice way to twist my words though and ignoring what I posted about that's how a scouting system should work.

Sorry. Tbh I didn't read the rest of the thread. Thought that was the last page

I'm not sure about the whole trial thing being the way the system should work, as most clubs won't necessarily let a player come on trial.

For example this Sakho kid we are linked with is clearly a big prospect and I doubt they would let him come on on trial first.

I'm not sure about the whole trial thing being the way the system should work, as most clubs won't necessarily let a player come on trial.

For example this Sakho kid we are linked with is clearly a big prospect and I doubt they would let him come on on trial first.

I was more referring to the scouting system itself, if a player comes in on trial then the manager has the say. As was obviously stated, and it also isn't a new thing in football despite what people on here would have you believe. Scouts go out and identify a player, manager takes a look at him and decides if he wants him in his team. It's hardly rocket science.

Sorry. Tbh I didn't read the rest of the thread. Thought that was the last page

I'll let you off. ;)

Guest Heneage

How is Baheng getting on in his recovery from injury btw?

Yeah he's doing well started the light training stuff few month back, but he's really positive about his chances he has a confidence about him but he's not arrogant

Guest toonlass

Signing of the season tbh, cost bugger all, has been phenominal when he plays. Worth his weight in gold, frankinscence and mhyr.

Guest Stephen927

Tooj you're right the scouting system is not a brand new idea, most clubs do have one in place, I don't think anyone is saying it's genius.

It's more like it's great cos we're picking up good players on the cheap, not that it's innovative.