Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest The German

I would like to see much more of Xisco. Coming in at his first match for Newcastle and scoring. Then never heard something of him again!

I would like to see much more of Xisco. Coming in at his first match for Newcastle and scoring. Then never heard something of him again!

He's a decent player, but not as good as the 3 first choice strikers by a long way. That'll be his downfall unfortunately. Nothing particularly wrong with Xisco.

Xsico has looked shit in the few appearances hes made. Would be worth loaning him out to a side in the Championship imo so he can get used to a different style and pace of play.

Yeah that would be a good idea, if he isn't even getting ahead of "The big AC" we really need to get him doing something even if its just to put him in the shop window.

One of the main thing that annoys me is that we don't have fringe players playing in the reserves, then complain when they aren't match fit when we need them. Xisco has played about 5 games and been injured and Carroll is now on the bench ahead of him, presumably because of his goals at reserve level. Xisco is only young too and still needs games to develop, whether it be in the reserves or out on loan

WOW  :smitten:

was going to start a new topic on Bassong but this will do, absolutely phenomenal again today, i'd happily shake hands with whoever found him. If Colo is living up to his £10m price tag, Basssong is playing like a £15m central defender tbh.

Has it all. Plays like a 30 year old who's spent his entire career in the premiership

Guest Howaythetoon

He was absolutely fantastic today in everything he did. He has real pace, strength and seems a calm and assured defender. He was also very good in the air and not too bad on the ball. In the second half one of their players had a 5 yard head start on him and he came over, won the race, got his body in front of the player and between the ball and casually rolled it forward a touch before playing it inwards to Given. Brilliant play I thought and he and Colo seem to be forming a good partnership and long may it continue, this partnership and his form.

He was absolutely fantastic today in everything he did. He has real pace, strength and seems a calm and assured defender. He was also very good in the air and not too bad on the ball. In the second half one of their players had a 5 yard head start on him and he came over, won the race, got his body in front of the player and between the ball and casually rolled it forward a touch before playing it inwards to Given. Brilliant play I thought and he and Colo seem to be forming a good partnership and long may it continue, this partnership and his form.

In one summer we have bought a whole new heart to our defence that could last for years.  :smitten:

/in fact a whole new back line in two summers. Top job.  :thup:

In one summer we have bought a whole new heart to our defence that could last for years.  :smitten:

If only them cunts Wise, Jiminez and Vetere hadn't turned up eh.