Champions League thread

tmonkey

All taken in by Clive Tildsley and his "Chelsea vs Barcelona and the world" theory.  Bias twàt.

I find it hilarious that both sets of fans (and managers it seems) jump at each others necks calling each others cheats... When they are all as bad as each other.

I think you'll find it's just that dickhead Mourinho that has been doing it.  After the game Rijkaard said Chelsea played well and deserved the point.  The only cheat for Chelsea was Drogba, the rest are just scumbags.

Guest Gemmill

It must be said that it kind of blows the whole "Mourinho is only acting like a complete wanker before the game to keep the attention off his players" theory apart when Mourinho continues to act like a complete wanker after the game as well.

Can we put that theory to bed now and just accept that the bloke is a hugely conceited dickhead who loves the limelight?

He is a disgrace he likes the attention is got nothign to do with helping his lads its all baout him!

I hate the bloke and the way that game was played last night FIFA should bollock both clubs, Champions League looked more like kids trying to work each other in school. Real shame too coz there was soem nice footbal played at time.

Guest Gemmill

Can we put that theory to bed now and just accept that the bloke is a hugely conceited dickhead who loves the limelight?

Oh, the irony! :lol:

Says the number one Gemmill fanboy.  :cool:

Don't quite understand all the Chelsea loving going on here. I'll admit Barca are occasionally very guilty of diving etc but Chelsea aren't much better in that respect and I think it's sad that people make Chelsea out to be some innocent party and Barca the evil foreign team.

Don't know about anyone else but I always support English/Scottish teams in Europe, logically being a Newcastle fan there's a few problems there (increased revenue for "rivals", etc.) but at the same time there are a few positives as well (improves the reputation of the PL, means more games for our "rivals".)

Anyway, I can't fully explain it but it'll be a rare day when I support a foreign team over a home team, especially a team like Barcelona - or any Spanish/Portuguese/Italian/Turkish team for that matter. Don't mind the Dutch, French or the German teams at all, though, I've just been soured by our own excursions in Europe against the "clever" nations and by England's failings in tournaments due to questionable conduct.

I hate that mentality. If you're a neutral and don't care for any of the teams you should want the team who plays the better football to go through.

You're clearly not though, are you? It's amusing how Mourinho is a cheat yada yada, the way Rijkaard went on at the end was pathetic. He loves the limelight as much as any arrogant manager, if not more.

When Mourinho slid across the grass on his knees, i'd have loved to have seen Rijkaards face.

I'm not, no.  But I was refering to anyone who wanted Cheslea to win just because they're british.

Though I don't understand why anyone would want to see Chelsea win ANY game. Bunch of scumbags.

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/6461/365chelseamediacb2.th.jpg

I'm not, no. But I was refering to anyone who wanted Cheslea to win just because they're british.

Though I don't understand why anyone would want to see Chelsea win ANY game. Bunch of scumbags.

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/6461/365chelseamediacb2.th.jpg

The image looks like about one of, well, one. What about the scumbags that throw racist abuse at their own players, i.e. the one in your picture?I wanted Chelsea to win, because in last years champions league, absolutely everything went for them, especially against Benfica, they just seemed to get every decision.

All taken in by Clive Tildsley and his "Chelsea vs Barcelona and the world" theory.  Bias twàt.

I find it hilarious that both sets of fans (and managers it seems) jump at each others necks calling each others cheats... When they are all as bad as each other.

I think you'll find it's just that dickhead Mourinho that has been doing it.  After the game Rijkaard said Chelsea played well and deserved the point.  The only cheat for Chelsea was Drogba, the rest are just scumbags.

there you go mate, exactly what I mean. All you can go on about is how horrible and mean cheats Chelsea are... when "your" lot are just as pathetically bad. And Rijkaard may speak a nice game before, but he almost assaulted the referee complainig over decisions regarding chelsea's play acting etc... :lol: Scum of the game the whole lot.

There isn't any right wing bullshit at Camp Nou.  The thought of Barcelona fans abusing Eto'o is hilarious.  60 goals in 89 games, let's boo him!  Best player at the club tbh, and him and Ronnie would go AWOL if it happened.

Besides, I wasn't just refering to Barcelona vs Chelsea, I was talking about any match that involves British teams, go for the team that plays better football.

there you go mate, exactly what I mean. All you can go on about is how horrible and mean cheats Chelsea are... when "your" lot are just as pathetically bad. And Rijkaard may speak a nice game before, but he almost assaulted the referee complainig over decisions regarding chelsea's play acting etc... :lol: Scum of the game the whole lot.

Of course what Rijkaard did to the ref was ridiculous, but does he go on for days about how Chelsea get away with everything and dive all over the place?  and trying to sway the ref's decisions before the game even begins?

There isn't any right wing bullshit at Camp Nou.  The thought of Barcelona fans abusing Eto'o is hilarious.  60 goals in 89 games, let's boo him!  Best player at the club tbh, and him and Ronnie would go AWOL if it happened.

Besides, I wasn't just refering to Barcelona vs Chelsea, I was talking about any match that involves British teams, go for the team that plays better football.

Why? What if the team who is playing the better football is Inter Milan or Porto or an equally grotesque club? What if the team playing "better" football is also diving all over the shop?

That's how I would judge who I want to win as a neutral, as far as I see the British clubs are miles behind a host of others in the play-acting/cheating/time-wasting/diving stakes. Until that changes, I'll still support them. It's not just about the pretty stuff for me, yesterday I thought Chelsea were the better team and played more like a team than Barcelona did, same as Arsenal did in the CL final in the face of adversity.

Saying all that, I don't dislike the big teams much at all - the only time my British supporting goes out of the window is when Spurs are playing in Europe... something I haven't had to contend with too much over the years bluebiggrin.gif

go for the team that plays better football.

So that would of been Chelsea yesterday huh?

If you only saw the first 15 minutes of the second half, yep.

But you're biased towards Barca. I care for neither team and would say Chelsea played better, the only two players who botherd Chelsea throughout the game were Ronaldinho and Messi.

Don't quite understand all the Chelsea loving going on here. I'll admit Barca are occasionally very guilty of diving etc but Chelsea aren't much better in that respect and I think it's sad that people make Chelsea out to be some innocent party and Barca the evil foreign team.

Don't know about anyone else but I always support English/Scottish teams in Europe, logically being a Newcastle fan there's a few problems there (increased revenue for "rivals", etc.) but at the same time there are a few positives as well (improves the reputation of the PL, means more games for our "rivals".)

Anyway, I can't fully explain it but it'll be a rare day when I support a foreign team over a home team, especially a team like Barcelona - or any Spanish/Portuguese/Italian/Turkish team for that matter. Don't mind the Dutch, French or the German teams at all, though, I've just been soured by our own excursions in Europe against the "clever" nations and by England's failings in tournaments due to questionable conduct.

Surely you didnt want the beasts to win the UEFA cup final last season?!!?

I bet most who watched that game last night only watched to see if a huge fight broke out anyway, it was always going to be a bad temperd affair after Jose wound it right up, but in the end I think a draw was a fair result.

Why? What if the team who is playing the better football is Inter Milan or Porto or an equally grotesque club? What if the team playing "better" football is also diving all over the shop?

That's how I would judge who I want to win as a neutral, as far as I see the British clubs are miles behind a host of others in the play-acting/cheating/time-wasting/diving stakes. Until that changes, I'll still support them. It's not just about the pretty stuff for me, yesterday I thought Chelsea were the better team and played more like a team than Barcelona did, same as Arsenal did in the CL final in the face of adversity.

Funny you should mention the CL final last season.  Do you not recall Eboue doing such a disgraceful dive that resulted in Arsenal scoring?  Yet you still wanted them to win?  Where is your logic of not wanting divers to win now?

Funny you should mention the CL final last season.  Do you not recall Eboue doing such a disgraceful dive that resulted in Arsenal scoring?  Yet you still wanted them to win?  Where is your logic of not wanting divers to win now?

When two bunches of divers come head to head it's hard to chose but you sometimes must, just like last night.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8240/decko6tpol2.gif and http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4875/cheatingcunt8quqp0.gif tbh