Champions League thread

tmonkey

get in. jumped up shouting "yesSSss!" when that went in. one of the best games in ages. kind of appropriate that the goal should come after Essien stays on his feet after a bad tackle, and after Drogba ghosts away from Marquez's attempt at a foul.

Chelsea never deserved that..

Barca going out from Champions League, well, they haven't played well. Shame.

Chelsea deserved the draw, played some outstanding football in the second half and should have gone ahead. Ballack missed an easy chance too. Hilario didnt do much in the second half.

Barca are not out like and will likely win their next two and go through.

What's with all this "justice done"? Drogba's antics we're as bad as any Barca player's.

As bad and as good as each other, draw was a fair result imo. If either team had won it there would not have been an 'injustice' done like.

What do you reckon the chances are of Chelsea "going easy" against Werder Bremen in the next match?

4-3-3

Bloke with Radio Hat

Groundsman - Postman - Tea Lady - Fat Translator Bloke

Abramovich - Mourinho - Frank Lampard Sr.

SWP - Crespo's Mam - Kenyon

Betting on Bremen = Free money

What do you reckon the chances are of Chelsea "going easy" against Werder Bremen in the next match?

4-3-3

Bloke with Radio Hat

Groundsman - Postman - Tea Lady - Fat Translator Bloke

Abramovich - Mourinho - Frank Lampard Sr.

SWP - Crespo's Mam - Kenyon

Betting on Bremen = Free money

:lol: :lol: :lol: Class.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I was absolutely ecstatic when Chelsea equalised for the 2nd time, Mourinho's reaction was pure theatre. Would Rikjaard have reacted like that had Mourinho not slid to his knees, course he wouldnt. I reacted to the Chelsea goal as i would do one of ours (although ive forgot what that feels like!!).

I particularly enjoyed the irony of one of the Barca players trying to hack down Essien b4 he supplied the cross for the goal. Just shows what can happen when you stay on your feet.

Mourinho = Marmite; you either love him or hate him.

Well done Chelsea

I find it hilarious that both sets of fans (and managers it seems) jump at each others necks calling each others cheats... WHen they are all as bad as each other.

This what is wrong with football today and totally ruins big games (like it did at the WC). Those who live in glass houses, should get them sorted, lay some fucking bricks and stamp the cheats out in their own camps instead of glorifying them. Pathetic.

I find it hilarious that both sets of fans (and managers it seems) jump at each others necks calling each others cheats... WHen they are all as bad as each other.

This what is wrong with football today and totally ruins big games (like it did at the WC). Those who live in glass houses, should get them sorted, lay some fucking bricks and stamp the cheats in their own camps instead of glorifying them. Pathetic.

:thup: blueyes.gif

I just feel completely insulted when all that ridiculous carry on unfolds in front of my eyes. I will never understand it sadly.

Like watching fucking kids and crybabies who earn more money than I could dream of, constantly complaining. Just get on with it for fuck sake! try and play some football.

There should be a new campaign in FIFA/UEFA called "no more bullshit"... but I won't hold my breath, despite them saying they constantly battle for fair play to prevail.

Guest Ridzuan

I agree with what Jose has to say after the match like Ive always agreed with him after every Chelsea's match.For the Barca match,I think Jose is right when some of the Barca players dive and Chelsea should have been giving the 2 penalties.The referee in the match was very poor and he should be sack.I was glad that Chelsea finally got the equalizing goal in the dying minute.I think in the night,they probably deserved a win,but a point is still better than none.

I was going to say the same Matt. The first half in particular was embarrassing. The best players in the world they may be, but the big tournaments are becoming a joke with the whinging and diving. Some of the expressions on faces and cries of pain as they fall under no challenge and the grimacing in agony as they hold the head that has just made sickening contact with someone's shirt sleeve is truly pathetic, I'd be embarrassed to go on like that in a fucking playground when I was 8, never mind grown men to a worldwide audience.

Don't quite understand all the Chelsea loving going on here. I'll admit Barca are occasionally very guilty of diving etc but Chelsea aren't much better in that respect and I think it's sad that people make Chelsea out to be some innocent party and Barca the evil foreign team.