Mido chants to be investigated by the FA

Guest nufc_kev

I see Spurs fans are also being hunted by the media for the "Sol, Sol..." song. Complete sanitation of football is creeping closer.

We can't stand, we can't sing. We'll get chucked out for looking at them funny next.

I see Spurs fans are also being hunted by the media for the "Sol, Sol..." song. Complete sanitation of football is creeping closer.

What is the Sol Sol song?

Sol, Sol, wherever you may be

You're on the verge of lunacy

And we don't give a fuck when you're hanging from a tree

You're a Judas cunt with HIV.

Often followed up with

He's big,

He's black,

He takes it in the crack

Sol Campbell, Sol Campbell

And we don't give a f*** when you're hanging from a tree

You're a Judas c*** with HIV.

Often followed up with

He's big,

He's black,

He takes it in the crack

Sol Campbell, Sol Campbell

:yikes:

Thats far worse then the mido ditty!

I wonder what the other lad's defence will be.

Oh and: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/7758089.stm

Middlesbrough and the Football Association say they are "disappointed" a Newcastle fan who racially abused Mido has escaped a banning order.

Boro still haven't realised that the chants weren't racist then? :lol:

:lol: the chants are not even slightly racist

Oh and: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/7758089.stm

Middlesbrough and the Football Association say they are "disappointed" a Newcastle fan who racially abused Mido has escaped a banning order.

Intention and interpretation are two different things though and surely everyone can see how they could be misinterpreted.

Also when the bloke recently in court "pleaded guilty to an offence of racist or obscene chanting" he must have been admitting to the "racist" element of the charge as there is no way what was chanted could be seen as onscene.

For some people there might not have been a racial motive, but let's not pretend there wasn't for everyone.

And we don't give a fuck when you're hanging from a tree

You're a Judas cunt with HIV.

don't see anything homophobic about that

Intention and interpretation are two different things though and surely everyone can see how they could be misinterpreted.

Also when the bloke recently in court "pleaded guilty to an offence of racist or obscene chanting" he must have been admitting to the "racist" element of the charge as there is no way what was chanted could be seen as onscene.

For some people there might not have been a racial motive, but let's not pretend there wasn't for everyone.

it wasn't racict, but was obscene (saying he had a bomb (in reference to richard reid))

it wasn't racict, but was obscene (saying he had a bomb (in reference to richard reid))

You might think that.

The Sol song is certainly stretching the boundaries of taste and decency to say the least but does it warrant a police investigation and the media plastering fans' faces everywhere and branding them racists?

Not for my money.

I can't believe this made a court of law in a country where government ministers and bankers who turned a blind eye to a situation which led to the downfall of the economy and forthcoming record levels unemployment walk the streets freely and pontificate about what we should be doing next.

The pathetic Louise Taylor, the Grauniads excuse for a sport's journalist and well known anti-Geordie racist agitator, has succeeeded in taking the ridiculous over-sanitisation of the working classes' favourite game to a new level.

It's people like her who turned a once great nation into the laughing stock of the world, a country which can provide government department leaflets in 50 different languages in case we offend a minority, but can't afford decent health care for old people who have worked all their lives and fought in wars !

Anyone got a one way ticket to somewhere sane ?

Magistrates heard Hutchinson Senior, a Toon season ticket holder for the last 20 years, joined in with the chants after mishearing the lyrics.

He thought the song referred to Mido having a ball as opposed to a bomb, explained his lawyer, Chris Marley.

Fellow fans told him the chant implied Mido was a Muslim terrorist and he joined in, the court heard. Hutchinson, a yard supervisor, was then arrested.

He obviously hasn't heard the excuse that it's supposed to be about Richard Reid.

Magistrates heard Hutchinson Senior, a Toon season ticket holder for the last 20 years, joined in with the chants after mishearing the lyrics.

He thought the song referred to Mido having a ball as opposed to a bomb, explained his lawyer, Chris Marley.

Fellow fans told him the chant implied Mido was a Muslim terrorist and he joined in, the court heard. Hutchinson, a yard supervisor, was then arrested.

He obviously hasn't heard the excuse that it's supposed to be about Richard Reid.

If thats the best the lawyer can come up with, then he's an idiot.