KK begins legal action against NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

The only difference is that Bobby was sacked, Keegan wasn't. I haven't seen the slightest suggestion anywhere that Ashley actually wanted him to go.

Except for the other differences, of course, like the difference between five years at the helm taking us from mid-table mediocrity to the Champions League and less than a season at the helm (this time around) before disappearing at the worst possible time for the club, and the difference between £2 million and £8 million.

To be fair, it has been said that Llambias told Keegan that he was sacked and the amount shouldn't come in to it, it's should be down to who is right and who is wrong.

Just stumbled into this thread now. Yet again some of the so-called fans of this club are absolutely embarrassing themselves. We need to wait till everything comes out I agree, but until then we have to go by our better judgment, and at the end of the day what has Mike Ashley done to prove he's more worthy of being trusted with regards to Newcastle United rather than Kevin Keegan?

What difference does that make? If the club wins the case the money stays with Newcastle United. If Keegan wins it ends up in Glasgow to be spent on god knows what. A new set of clown outfits maybe.

Howay TRon man. What value do those last two sentences have.

I would have thought it's obvious enough. I don't blame Keegan for going for the money, he might even be entitled to it, but that's his concern not mine. I am only bothered about what's best for the club and me as a supporter, and I would rather we had £8m to invest in the club rather than Keegan having £8m to prop up his soccer circus in Glasgow.

I know this isn't the 'correct' or neutral view but that's because I'm biased in favour of the club.

The only difference is that Bobby was sacked, Keegan wasn't. I haven't seen the slightest suggestion anywhere that Ashley actually wanted him to go.

Except for the other differences, of course, like the difference between five years at the helm taking us from mid-table mediocrity to the Champions League and less than a season at the helm (this time around) before disappearing at the worst possible time for the club, and the difference between £2 million and £8 million.

To be fair, it has been said that Llambias told Keegan that he was sacked and the amount shouldn't come in to it, it's should be down to who is right and who is wrong.

If Keegan was formally sacked then why would he be claiming constructive dismissal?

If Keegan was formally sacked then why would he be claiming constructive dismissal?

The reports said that Keegan was verbally told he'd been sacked, it could be bollocks or it could be true.  We could all say anything verbally then realise we'd dropped a bollock and pretend it didn't happen.

It really does beg belief how some people hope Keegan wins this case. The club is far more important.

Am I right in interpreting that as your not bothered about fairness and people being treated correctly - your only priority being that the club doesnt lose any money ?

The reports said that Keegan was verbally told he'd been sacked, it could be bollocks or it could be true.  We could all say anything verbally then realise we'd dropped a bollock and pretend it didn't happen.

My question still stands.

If, as reported, he was verbally told he was sacked but it was never put in writing then it wasn't a formal sacking.

The reports said that Keegan was verbally told he'd been sacked, it could be bollocks or it could be true. We could all say anything verbally then realise we'd dropped a bollock and pretend it didn't happen.

If, as reported, he was verbally told he was sacked but it was never put in writing then it wasn't a formal sacking.

It has to be about something else. You dont think the first thing the LMA would have said to him was "did they put anything in writing about you being sacked ?" ?

It has to be about something else. You dont think the first thing the LMA would have said to him was "did they put anything in writing about you being sacked ?" ?

If that's going to be the cornerstone of his claim then I'd imagine it was mentioned pretty early on tbh.

Guest The Libertine

It really does beg belief how some people hope Keegan wins this case. The club is far more important.

Am I right in interpreting that as your not bothered about fairness and people being treated correctly - your only priority being that the club doesnt lose any money ?

fucks sake.

fucks sake.

Fair question isnt it ?

As if this case affects the club directly at all.

It's a Keegan vs Ashley thing, with the club being brought in acting on Ashley's behalf. We'll hardly fold and go under if Keegan wins.

Guest The Libertine

fucks sake.

Fair question isnt it ?

no. he's saying the people who hope (key word) keegan wins simply because he was good 15 years ago or just because they like him more than ashley are missing the point of this. none of us know what happened so why hope (again, key word) keegan wins and takes £8 million off us?

the club > anyone.

no. he's saying the people who hope (key word) keegan wins simply because he was good 15 years ago or just because they like him more than ashley are missing the point of this. none of us know what happened so why hope (again, key word) keegan wins and takes £8 million off us?

the club > anyone.

The comment came across that he doesnt want Keegan to win, regardless of whether he is right or wrong; that was why I asked if I was interpreting right.

To say the club is more important than Keegan = I "hope" the club win. How is that different to hoping Keegan wins. Its equally as short sighted without, as you say, knowing what happened.

Ultimately, every level headed person/fan should be hoping that the person who wins is the person who has been wronged.

Guest The Libertine

the club > anyone.

The comment came across that he doesnt want Keegan to win, regardless of whether he is right or wrong; that was why I asked if I was interpreting right.

To say the club is more important than Keegan = I "hope" the club win. How is that different to hoping Keegan wins. Its equally as short sighted without, as you say, knowing what happened.

Ultimately, every level headed person/fan should be hoping that the person who wins is the person who has been wronged.

and as we dont know anything, why shouldn't we be wanting the club to win? im sure we all agree that the club comes first so to back keegan purely for nostalgic reasons is very short sighted.

(i should state here that this is how i interpreted the original comment. he could mean something completely different  :thup: )

the club > anyone.

Yes that's how every level headed/neutral/Keeganite should think. On the other hand, I am a Newcastle United fan and I want what is best for NUFC and our fans so I hope Newcastle United win this case. I see no benefit for NUFC or our fans in Keegan winning it as I can't see him coming back here.

and as we dont know anything, why shouldn't we be wanting the club to win? im sure we all agree that the club comes first so to back keegan purely for nostalgic reasons is very short sighted.

(i should state here that this is how i interpreted the original comment. he could mean something completely different  :thup: )

As you phrase that there that makes sense and I hadnt read it like that.

I had read it that a Keegan win would be a disaster.

the club > anyone.

Yes that's how every level headed/neutral/Keeganite should think. On the other hand, I am a Newcastle United fan and I want what is best for NUFC and our fans so I hope Newcastle United win this case. I see no benefit for NUFC or our fans in Keegan winning it as I can't see him coming back here.

Take your point but it's about right and wrong too isn't it? If the club has broken it's contract then Keegan deserves whatever comes his way. He's entitled to it.

It's a big 'if' mind obviously.

Just reading back there and seeing the debate.

What a right f***ing mess this is.

there isn't a debate. you have on the one side those who think keegan couldn't ever do any wrong and on the other those who think it's just better if nufc kept any money regardless of the rights and wrongs.

one or two are enlightened through their unenlightenment enough to say....i'll decide after the evidence comes out.

ironically the world divides itself along similar lines. those who want evidence and proof get swamped by those too emotional to see past their blind,closed minded petty views.

the club > anyone.

Take your point but it's about right and wrong too isn't it? If the club has broken it's contract then Keegan deserves whatever comes his way. He's entitled to it.

No he doesn't deserve it if you want an honest answer. He isn't going to get that sort of job or contract from any other club. He shouldn't have taken the job unless he was going to see it through. All this talk of constructive dismissal is bollocks in the real world.

there isn't a debate. you have on the one side those who think keegan couldn't ever do any wrong and on the other those who think it's just better if nufc kept any money regardless of the rights and wrongs.

one or two are enlightened through their unenlightenment enough to say....i'll decide after the evidence comes out.

ironically the world divides itself along similar lines. those who want evidence and proof get swamped by those too emotional to see past their blind,closed minded petty views.

its like that bit in human traffic at the end of the party where the lad says 'the emperor wants to control outer space, yoda wants to explore inner space, thats the fundamental difference between the good and the dark side of the force'

Thats a fair judgement.

Also, I dont know if its weird that it doesnt really seem to have been talked about much on the radio or on SSN - from what I have heard or seen anyway. Just looked at the SSN web site and there is no mention of it in the Newcastle section.

the club > anyone.

No he doesn't deserve it if you want an honest answer. He isn't going to get that sort of job or contract from any other club. He shouldn't have taken the job unless he was going to see it through. All this talk of constructive dismissal is bollocks in the real world.

If the club has fucked him over he deserves recompense. Contracts work both ways.