KK begins legal action against NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was always clear to every oother fucker in the world that Ashely was set up to buy young promising players and not splash on Superstar signings

Like Cacapa, Faye, Geremi?

Weren't they big Sam's signings?

Presumably under Ashley?  Don't agree with the OP btw, I don't think it was clear at all.  iirc that was stated as part of Wise's brief though when he was recruited (possibly by Keegan?)

Cacapa, Faye, and Geremi all came before Wise, Jimenez, and Vertre, so I'm assuming they were all Big Sam signings.

I think the whole "system" thing came after Ashley sacked Sam, possibly because of how bad (with the exception of Faye and Beye) his signings were.

Compare Smith/Baton/Cacapa/Faye/Geremi/Beye to Jonas/Bassong/Guthrie/Colo/Xisco/Nacho. Obviously two different influences going on there.

Hmm, that's actually an interesting theory. Did Ashley actually bring in his team because he didn't want another manager spending badly? If so, Alan Smith could actually be a direct cause of the shit we're in right now  :doh:

Cacapa, Faye, and Geremi all came before Wise, Jimenez, and Vertre, so I'm assuming they were all Big Sam signings.

I think the whole "system" thing came after Ashley sacked Sam, possibly because of how bad (with the exception of Faye and Beye) his signings were.

Compare Smith/Baton/Cacapa/Faye/Geremi/Beye to Jonas/Bassong/Guthrie/Colo/Xisco/Nacho. Obviously two different influences going on there.

Hmm, that's actually an interesting theory. Did Ashley actually bring in his team because he didn't want another manager spending badly? If so, Alan Smith could actually be a direct cause of the s*** we're in right now  :doh:

The players that Allardyce bought are exactly the reason that Wise and Co were brought it.

If that happened we'd know that it's purely and simply about the money. If Keegan does indeed want to clear his name, stick to his principles and let the fans know what went on, he'll hopefully not accept out of court.

Will a lawyer let you stick to your principles when there is a wad full of cash being waved in front of you/them or will they pressure you to settle ?

The lawyers work for Keegan. It's his decision ultimately whether to continue or settle.

I think that's a good point. We can't assume that Keegan necessarily has a strong case here. Successful people often have a lot of pride, and sometimes pursue court actions whem they're on quite flimsy ground, legally speaking, because they hate to be beaten. I also imagine that winning your case at a Premiership tribunal may be a different matter from winning in the High Court, where stricter legal conditions are likely to apply.

If Keegan's case rests on him not giving his consent to transfers, I just wonder how he's going to demonstrate that. He's in the position of having to prove a negative - ie that something didn't happen - which is a notoriously difficult job.

This for me is simply a case of my club, Newcastle United v Kevin Keegan. I want what is best for the club not what is best for KK's soccer circus so I hope the money stays in Newcastle. If Keegan wins his case good luck to him but I very much hope he doesn't.

I personally want whoever is telling the truth to win, if there is actually legal action taking place (which I'm very sceptical of to be honest).

my thoughts exactly.....with added "and we find out what happened"

I personally want whoever is telling the truth to win, if there is actually legal action taking place (which I'm very sceptical of to be honest).

I thought you said you knew for a fact that Keegan wanting £8 million was bollocks?

He's not suing NUFC, he's suing the current owners of NUFC.

Take them for as much as you can, KK.

this, its Keegan vs Ashley, i know whos side i'm on,.

without any evidence either way. i'll choose my side when i have some idea of what went on.

without any evidence either way. i'll choose my side when i have some idea of what went on.

Me too, and I imagine Keegan's contract and employment was with NUFC rather than with Mike Ashley Ltd, so it will be the club that will have to pay.

Guest The Libertine

could it be the milner "replacement" money that he'll (potentially) get? if so, thats 1 very decent player or 2 decent players we're (potentially) losing. if not, never mind.

Ashley won't pay out of his pocket, the money will be paid by the club. I like Keegan but if it's the club v Keegan it's Newcastle all the way for me.

BTW, there is no comparison with SBR getting money he was due from the club when he was sacked by Freddie Fantastic. Bobby Robson never quit a club in his life, the only way you'd get him to leave the place would be by sacking him or in an ambulance.

What if it turns out the money he gets is our transfer founds, ending up with us not getting the chance to strengthen our squad.  :lol:

That would be a real Family Guy situation

If that means he's going to hover over SJP in a blimp and throw the money down, that's fine by me.

I thought you said you knew for a fact that Keegan wanting £8 million was bollocks?

That's why I am very sceptical of it. It's two months since I heard even a smidgen of info, so things could have changed. Who knows?

But you were so smug and sure of yourself back then? Ahh.

Re-read the very first sentence again mate.  ???

Why worry about Ashley taking a hit? If he runs the club into the ground, it's his loss.

Someone will buy it eventually and run it properly.

He's suing the corporate entity that is NUFC, not the individual Mike Ashley. Whatever settlement is reached will come from club funds, or do you really think Ashley will reach for his personal checkbook to pick up the tab?

Wasn't favorable towards Keegan before and I certainly have no love for him now. I'd like to see people still argue that he "loves the club" when he seems willing to take a few million quid from our coffers when we're desperate for cash in January.

I still believe he loves the club, the City and it's fans. I think he wishes this situation had never arisen.

However, rumour has it he had money trouble, and if he's desperate for the money, and he's been mistreated by an employer, he's as much right as you or i to claim unfair dismissal.