Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Guest firetotheworks

You guys are right Kinnear is the worst manager on Earth.

Hopefully we turn on him and drive him out and Houghton can take over till the end of the season.

so you're glad we took a point then?

You guys are right Kinnear is the worst manager on Earth.

Hopefully we turn on him and drive him out and Houghton can take over till the end of the season.

No need for that, we know ashley has enough money to entice Frank Clarke into taking over until the end of the season, he is a geordie icon of course, makes sense.

That substitution, and the changes it enforced, is argably the worst substitution i have ever experienced as a NUFC fan. I'm not exaggerating either, it was absolutely insane.

From start to finish, absolutely insane. 1 - not having any midfielders on the bench. 2 - the choice of personnel. 3 - the positional changes it forced.

what midfielders could we have on the bench?

When you've got Colo who can play DCM comfortably and Owen who could drop back into a more ACM role then you can get away with not having a CM on the bench.

Instead he sticks a RM into the middle, a RB (who's weak point is going forward) at RW and a CB at right back.

He then later takes off our last remaining CM for another CB who is shite in CM and removes our pacey outlet

KaKa howeh man, move on!? It was 5 minutes ago and we drew at home to Stoke having been 2-0 up. Are you on morphine?

tbh I'm just so relieved that we didn't lose the game, and in my opinion it was just a very unfortunate set of circumstances.

Don't really see the benefit of getting all riled up with Kinnear. He wasn't perfect but the abuse is way harsh imo.

Kaka, shut the f*** up, I think we have a pretty good reason to be mad.

Kinnear is clueless

He isn't that bad, but I think KaKa should just ask himself why nobody would employ Joe for the last few years, and what mess he made of Notts Forest his last job ?

But this appalling mess was down solely to bad substitutions and atrocious tactics.

He got it right at Chelsea, reasonable at Boro, and has blown it badly at Fulham, against Wigan, and almost against WBA, and of course this mess

And its hardly been against Man U Liverpool and Arsenal at home, has it ?

NUFC 2-2 Manchester City (Ireland 86)

NUFC 2-2 Wigan (Bramble 89)

NUFC 2-2 Stoke (Faye 90+2)

Kinnear is just such a fucking joke. I am so fucking pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. Fucking. Twat.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Didn't even see the fucking game. First half I was envious-- everyone writing about how we'd finally got our best 11 out there. The entire second half was a slow motion train wreck.  I'm trying to console myself that at least I didn't watch it, but reading about it through your descriptions was maybe worse. Every substitution, every single substitution. I couldn't believe my fucking eyes. Ok, I didn't see how well Geremi was playing, but Cacapa for Geremi? You've got to be fucking kidding me. Cacapa for Geremi?

Why keep Owen on the pitch if you are moving one of your wingers to the center and reducing the amount of supply Owen requires to be useful ? If you want to do that then better of take Owen off and keep Martins in because Martins is more useful up front on his own with his pace.

Embarrassing to capitulate like this in the 2nd half...It was horrible to which from the moment the 2nd half started...Stoke deserve the draw and even more...

Ireland 86

Bramble 89

Faye 92

That's 6 points we've dropped now because we've let in the above goals. Relegation form if you ask me. I couldn't care less how well we play in the first half of matches like today, Wigan and West Brom if we're so inept in the second half. I should not be feeling nervous for the majority of a second half especially when we're at home, two goals up and playing relegation battlers. It's pathetic.

KaKa howeh man, move on!? It was 5 minutes ago and we drew at home to Stoke having been 2-0 up. Are you on morphine?

tbh I'm just so relieved that we didn't lose the game, and in my opinion it was just a very unfortunate set of circumstances.

Don't really see the benefit of getting all riled up with Kinnear. He wasn't perfect but the abuse is way harsh imo.

We were 2-0 up at half time, you silly billy.

Kinnear is just such a f***ing joke. I am so f***ing pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. f***ing. t***.

It really is shocking how Kinnear's tactical ineptness always seems to cost us in the 90th minute.

Counting Blackburn that's Kinnear's eleventh match. Id say counting Villa and Chelsea that's 2 good results at a push. However we've lost to Blackburn, Sunderland and Fulham and have failed to beat Boro, Stoke and Wigan.

And yet the chairman says he's done a good job and the owner extends his contract.

We are fucked so many ways it's unreal.

We were 2-0 up at half time, you silly billy.

i'm just relieved that SJP didn't blow up.

Ireland 86

Bramble 89

Faye 92

That's 6 points we've dropped now because we've let in the above goals. Relegation form if you ask me.

I haven't wanted to admit it to myself, but this lot are dead and buried.

The only question is who drops with us

Kinnear is just as responsible for the first half performance as the second. Yeah the substitutions were woeful, but that's not the entire reason the team played so poorly in the second half, he's not the first Newcastle manager to try and defend a lead with negative tactics and he won't be the last (unfortunately), it just never works for NUFC for some reason. The whole team's second half performance just wasn't good enough and there's only so much influence the manager can have over that, admittedly the influence he did have was extremely poor, but basically we just totally bottled it and they're all to blame for that, not just Joe.

Kinnear is just such a f***ing joke. I am so f***ing pissed off that he is in charge of our club. Useless. Paddy. f***ing. t***.

I can forgive the Man city late goal as we were hanging on for the last 15 minutes, but chucking away games to Wigan and Stoke and having explayers score.  tut tut Joe.

Counting Blackburn that's Kinnear's eleventh match. Id say counting Villa and Chelsea that's 2 good results at a push. However we've lost to Blackburn, Sunderland and Fulham and have failed to beat Boro, Stoke and Wigan.

And yet the chairman says he's done a good job and the owner extends his contract.

We are fucked so many ways it's unreal.

It's sad that we're in a position where we're counting playing 10 behind the ball at Chelsea as a decent result. Not too long ago we'd have given them a real game of it.

Let's not pretend that Villa weren't having an off day for that match either. It was a good win but Villa were very poor and made it far easier than it would usually be.