Kinnear Out

oldtype

Guest Howaythetoon

I've yet to see anything in our performances, the tactics used or the substitutions made that gives me even an atom of confidence that he knows what he's doing never mind anyone else knowing what he's doing, like err, the players. He's a shockingly bad manager - even worse than Roeder or Souness - and I for one am extremely frightened about our prospect under him. I am 100% certain we will be relegated in May unless we can get in a proper manager which is about as likely as staying up. We are well and truly fucked with this plank in charge.

If we are gonna sack Kinnear, for once we should get a manager in before we sack the manager we got.

perhaps we should get rid the currrent owner first....

While Kinnear isn't the man for the job, people shouldn't forget that he's only here 'cause no-one else wanted it. No decent manager will work under Ashley/Wise and chums.

For me, they are the ones to blame.

Unless Shearer will come in, i think we have to perservere with JK, hopefully survive,( probably by the skin of our teeth), sell the club and start afresh in the Summer.

We really are a shambles.

Has nobody pointed out to him that the squad is "bigger" now than it has been for years? Or reminded him of Stephen Carr in the middle of the park? There are so many examples to use in order to shut him down, so start using them. It's easy done because the bloke is an idiot at worst and a very good WUM at best. We get a bad result and he takes his frustration out on here by talking cobblers, people must have noticed the pattern by now.

of course - and those - you know who I particularly mean - defending Ashley leaving his manager with the odds stacked against him - which became crystal clear a year ago  - are all still getting it spot on. If that wasn't so tragic your comment would be funny.

Has nobody pointed out to him that the squad is "bigger" now than it has been for years? Or reminded him of Stephen Carr in the middle of the park? There are so many examples to use in order to shut him down, so start using them. It's easy done because the bloke is an idiot at worst and a very good WUM at best. We get beat he takes his frustration out on here by talking cobblers, people must have noticed the pattern by now.

I would say over 90% of people on here can hold differing opinions and debate them and get a point across, he can't.  It's like trying to debate with an automaton.

what you mean, is I've showed you up to be clueless and you can't show any facts to prove your own "opinion". Are you still pleased that things are going much better without the fat bastard you wanted rid of by the way. And - you can't prove that to be wrong, however much you wish you could.

Go on, debate and prove that things are better ?

Why can't people just ignore NE5? His are just one person's views and if people stopped replying to him he'd have far less posts. Get on with the thread and stop bothering with him. NE5 alone isn't 'ruining' these threads, it's him and those that get involved in his arguments that are.

I'm aware this post is off-topic, just wanted to say it.

Well Melanie, this thread is a classic example. I posted my opinion, and 2 others pretty much immediately turned it into a slagfest.

If we are gonna sack Kinnear, for once we should get a manager in before we sack the manager we got.

While Kinnear isn't the man for the job, people shouldn't forget that he's only here 'cause no-one else wanted it. No decent manager will work under Ashley/Wise and chums.

Unless Shearer will come in, i think we have to perservere with JK, hopefully survive,( probably by the skin of our teeth), sell the club and start afresh in the Summer.

thats about the size of it. He's at least got some heads up though but he's fighting a big struggle with the odds stacked against him. This is pretty much where I came in, if it can be started again.

Whatever happens this season, Kinnear deserves some credit and some of our thanks for at least coming in and trying to do something about whats gone on. If he hadnt, I really dont know who would have.

In saying that however, he deserves every criticism under the sun for yesterday.

Whatever happens this season, Kinnear deserves some credit and some of our thanks for at least coming in and trying to do something about whats gone on. If he hadnt, I really dont know who would have.

In saying that however, he deserves every criticism under the sun for yesterday.

Exactly.

Guest LucaAltieri

JFK is the lowest paid PL manager at £50k a month.

SOURCE: THE PEOPLE  :yikes:

Wasn't El Tel offered something crazy like £100k a game? ...or did I dream that?

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is the ultimate catch 22

Keep him and we will continue to be a complete embarassment

Get rid of him and the likelihood of us getting relegated because we will have no one who wants the job, becomes that much more realistic

I've yet to see anything in our performances, the tactics used or the substitutions made that gives me even an atom of confidence that he knows what he's doing never mind anyone else knowing what he's doing, like err, the players. He's a shockingly bad manager - even worse than Roeder or Souness - and I for one am extremely frightened about our prospect under him. I am 100% certain we will be relegated in May unless we can get in a proper manager which is about as likely as staying up. We are well and truly fucked with this plank in charge.

I've seen 2 relegations HTT, I know it isn't much to grasp onto, but there is a lot more fight in this team since Kinnear came than on the other 2 occasions.

Remember, this is coming from me, who has opposed Ashley now for a long time but in our current situation whether by luck or judgement, at least he's got somebody who has got their heads up, despite yesterdays 2nd half. Incidentally, if Martins had scored that header it would have been 3-0 and game over instead of being 2-1 only seconds later.

I'm not sure if we will go down. My heart says he can keep us fighting but my head can't see a way out unless we invest in a couple of players to go straight into the team in January.

Get rid of him and the likelihood of us getting relegated because we will have no one who wants the job, becomes that much more realistic

Again, would any currently unemployed manager, such as Boothroyd/Curbishley/Grant/Pardew turn us down given a longterm contract and promises of no board interference? (Which apparently has already been offered to JFK?)

Are any of them not significantly better than Kinnear?

I find the "we should keep JFK because we can't get anyone better" argument to be silly. Now that we're looking for an actual manager and not just a stop-gap, there are always better options than Joe Fucking Kinnear.

Again, would any currently unemployed manager, such as Boothroyd/Curbishley/Grant/Pardew turn us down given a longterm contract and promises of no board interference? (Which apparently has already been offered to JFK?)

I find the "we should keep JFK because we can't get anyone better" argument to be silly. Now that we're looking for an actual manager and not just a stop-gap, there are always better options than Joe Fucking Kinnear.

I wouldn't personally want Grant or Curbishley of those 4, but I don't really care who the manager is just so long as we stay up and he sells asap

I find the "we should keep JFK because we can't get anyone better" argument to be silly. Now that we're looking for an actual manager and not just a stop-gap, there are always better options than Joe f***ing Kinnear.

I wouldn't personally want Grant or Curbishley of those 4, but I don't really care who the manager is just so long as we stay up and he sells asap

I can understand not wanting Grant, but what do you find so distasteful about Curbishley? If anything he has the best resume out of those four and is equipped with skills specialized for our situation (avoiding relegation with no money.)

I find the "we should keep JFK because we can't get anyone better" argument to be silly. Now that we're looking for an actual manager and not just a stop-gap, there are always better options than Joe f***ing Kinnear.

I can understand not wanting Grant, but what do you find so distasteful about Curbishley? If anything he has the best resume out of those four.

I don't think he has the temperament to cope with the job at a club as intense as Newcastle. I know he kept Charlton up for many years, but thats a different outlook, different demands, no disrespect to Charlton because unlike some other london clubs, I don't particularly dislike them.

But if Ashley appointed him and he did the trick then thats all that matters.

So we should just give up because we're fucking going down either way? How delightful :lol:

This is a good post - it sums the whole thing up, and relegation looks a strong bet now.