Kinnear Out

oldtype

As fucked as we are with him... are we actually in a position to sack him? :undecided:

Who'd come in, like?

And that's indicative of exactly how bad a situation we are now in. This debacle is ruining us.

The fact we can't get anyone better than Joe Kinnear in says it all.

We can laugh at Sunderland etc all we want but they're a far more attractive proposition for a potential manager than we are as things stand. They're a fairly stable club with a bit of cash about them, who can only really go up.

Guest Howaythetoon

We are in what is known as a vicious circle. Keep Kinnear and there is a very good chance we'll go down. Sack Kinnear and who else is left? No fucker. What we need is saved on two fronts - from Ashley and Kinnear. It isn't gonna happen. The fact Kinnear got an extended contract is proof of that.

Kinnear's teams are regularly coming under pressure as soon as we take the lead. He is doing an Allardyce and it's absolutely spot on that Keegan would never have allowed a team like Stoke to come to our ground and dominate us for the second half like they did. It's happening too often to be put down to one injury to Guthrie as well.

There is no realistic replacement, or at least not one for the short term.  And the short term is all that matters until the end of the season.  So keep him so long as we stay close.  Back him in the transfer market, we have to try and spend our way out of this.  It is the one advantage we might still have over the likes of West Ham, Blackburn etc.  Target experienced players at mid table clubs, overpay if necessary.  Heskey, Bullard....some of the players Pompey can't afford to keep, maybe some top 4 rejects who we can still afford to pay.  They don't need to be long termers.  If we fall several points behind and drop into the bottom three, and if things look very bad at the end of February, sack him and publicly beg Shearer to step in until the end of the season.  Make him come out and refuse, twist his arm.  Hope for a new manager honeymoon, pray that it gives enough of a lift to raise performances.  This should be the nuclear option, only exercised as a last resort. 

Taking off Martins made sense to me he was giving the ball away all the time and they were starting all their attacks from his sloppyness. However the Beye/Taylor/Jonas switcharound and bringing on Cacapa made so sense at all.

Taking Martins off moved the Stoke defence almost into our half, it was stupid.

Honestly, I fuckin hate the bloke with a passion! Everything he does just fucks me right off. What the fuck has this club come to to allow this tenth rate manager to be in charge.  He is fucking clueless.

FUCK OFF KINNEAR.

Was going to make a thread on this, is Kinnear untouchable? If say he loses the next 10 games, will he still be unsackable?

If he lost 10 games in a row of course he would be sacked. Ashley does not want this football club to get relegated.

If he lost 10 games in a row we'd already be relegated no matter what happened with Kinnear.  Lets just hope it wouldn't take Ashley 10 games to sack him if we do start losing consistently.

I refuse to believe that Kinnear is the only man for the job at this time. I thought this club had sunk to new depths with Roeder but this really does beggar belief. Not even a Championship manager.

Why the fuck did Ashley decide to make him permanent until the end of the season? He could have given him until the Chelsea game, by which time the KK animosity had settled down somewhat and some results had gone our way, and then found a more competent manager - I'm certain that there would have been better prospects that JFK. After a few decent results and a move up the table Ashley might even have begun to win back some credibility.

If only things were this fucking simple.

I refuse to believe that Kinnear is the only man for the job at this time. I thought this club had sunk to new depths with Roeder but this really does beggar belief. Not even a Championship manager.

Why the fuck did Ashley decide to make him permanent until the end of the season? He could have given him until the Chelsea game, by which time the KK animosity had settled down somewhat and some results had gone our way, and then found a more competent manager - I'm certain that there would have been better prospects that JFK. After a few decent results and a move up the table Ashley might even have begun to win back some credibility.

If only things were this fucking simple.

Who knows how low Kinnear can take us, and for how long. That's the scary thing.

the guy has chat but nothing to back it up.. he said he was a risk taker, well then why the fuck are we inviting stoke fricking city on to us. rather have keane as our temp tbh, thats how badly i rate jfk

One of Kinnear's problems is that, rather like Roeder, he seems 'starstruck' by 'big name' players. Therefore, rather than substitute the 'big name' players such as  Owen, Butt and Duff, he'd much rather take off others to the detriment of the team. Wanker.

One of Kinnear's problems is that, rather like Roeder, he seems 'starstruck' by 'big name' players. Therefore, rather than substitute the 'big name' players such as  Owen, Butt and Duff, he'd much rather take off others to the detriment of the team. Wanker.

Exactly. Fish out of water.

In fact a fish in a fucking desert...

Exactly. Fish out of water.

In fact a fish in a fucking desert...

A fish on Mars tbh

Starstruck bringing on Taylor to play out of position - enabled by playing Beye out of position - enabled by play Jonas out of position. Great when it works but he should come out and say he lost us the two points - Cacapa into midfield for me - else Taylor on and Colo into midfield.

He remains a short term fix but he's here till the Summer.

Was he out there playing today? from the sound of you lot you would have thought he was, at the end of the day (or match)  the players have to shoulder some responsibility.

The players didn't tell each other to sit on the edge on the 18 yard box because of the threat of Stoke and WBA. The players didn't decide to bring Martins off enabling Stoke to push up 20 yards. The players didn't decide to replace Guthrie by moving three players out of position. The players didn't replace our only vaguely central midfielder with a centre half.

Beye - Colo - Bass - Enrique

Geremi

Jonas                      N'Zogbia

Owen

Viduka        Martins

Is what we should have done, or something along those lines, isnt rocket science Joe.