Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Pretty sure there was quite a bit far more to blame for our relegation than Owen being made captain lol

He'll do well for Man U, its beyond obvious. If half of you werent so bitter, you'd realise the comment he made was very accurate.

Dont think anyones saying he was solely to blame for relegation!He certainly was a huge factor no doubt about it!

Do you not think we should be bitter the cunt got paid how much to do fuck all and after his debut for United scoring the winner against the fucking Malaysian xl he makes a comment like that!He can fuck right off!

Pretty sure there was quite a bit far more to blame for our relegation than Owen being made captain lol

He'll do well for Man U, its beyond obvious. If half of you werent so bitter, you'd realise the comment he made was very accurate.

Its accurate but unnecessary.

It's stating the obvious that Man U have a much better quality of player than NUFC. What I hate about Owen is that he seems to imply that his poor time at NUFC was entirely down to the failings of his team mates. He never takes responsibility for his own failings. He was our club captain! What a total arsehole he is.

I'm sure he'll do well for Man U. Evil always seems to do well.

Guest The Libertine
He certainly was a huge factor no doubt about it!

i wouldnt say huge. he did score 10 goals last year. his contribution after christmas was fairly minimal but the same can be said of probably every player.

His contribution since Xmas was non-existent. More worried about not getting injured (and hampering his chance of a move) than rolling up his sleeves.

I see he's been spouting off again tonight with a violin story about how his personal life has 'come under criticism' when he was up here - the helicopter story. It's bullshit, because no-one would have given a stuff about that had he done the business on the park.

On reflection - it was the media who criticized him about the helicopter, not the fans. Or am I forgetting something?

Guest Stephen927

The way he's coming out and saying the criticism was unfair, it's like he thinks he's successfully resurrected his career by scoring in some big important game. We'll see how you do in the league and in Europe...

The comment about playing with a higher quality of players is fair. When he had Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt attempting to set up goals for him, a lot of players would struggle too.

Guest elbee909

The media do seem to be doing ta job where Owen's concerned.  I just don't see where there should be sympathy for him for his time with us when he was paid so much more than he's going to be paid now.

That comment of Owen's about being with players who are 'on the same wavelength' is a real irritant. Yes, he's with a better side and that's bound to make life easier, but this idea that he's finally with players who can match up to his sublime talent is rubbish.

The fuss that's surrounded this one goal is an illustration of why I think Man U have made a mistake. This soap opera that surrounds him is bound to become a distraction and an irritation to the rest of the team.

That comment of Owen's about being with players who are 'on the same wavelength' is a real irritant. Yes, he's with a better side and that's bound to make life easier, but this idea that he's finally with players who can match up to his sublime talent is rubbish.

The fuss that's surrounded this one goal is an illustration of why I think Man U have made a mistake. This soap opera that surrounds him is bound to become a distraction and an irritation to the rest of the team.

Totally agree. That was my problem with him not the fact that he scored.

"It's a nice feeling (to score) and it's nice to play a game in the red shirt."

I'd love to know what he meant by this.

Guest Phil K

What tripe. Don't let the Man U supporting rags tell you what to think about Owen (as it would appear)

Owen's performances (when he could be bothered) were appalling. He was the captain (supposedly)

He's put more effort into it for Man U in one friendly than he did in an entire season here.

He contributed to our relegation, and no one said he was the only cause. For chrissakes, what was the rumblings against those who DID play (like Collo) if not ?

Congrats pal - one the daftest posts on this subject for 100 pages.

100 pages. Time to stop talking about Michael Owen, I think.

Finally - a voice of sanity

I agree.

Excellent post (the opposite of the other top) and sums Owen and the rags up to a T

Anyone remember his misses for us? There was a time when any chance he got I was sure he was going to miss, and it turned out to be so. Whether we have Ronaldo or Nolan or our team, if you're getting paid 100k a week and you have a chance, you put it away. You can put it down to lack of confidence or bad luck, but don't go around spouting the criticism was unfair because you were one of the least criticised from the crowd: cue Colo, Butt, Nolan, etc. We didn't even criticise you because we'd worked you out.

I don't see why people are calling for this thread to be locked. The reason I posted in it was because Owen made a veiled attack on his former NUFC team mates. I don't see why that should have passed without comment.

Is that where he said something like "its a pleasure playing with players who know what they are doing"?

I thought that was a cuntish thing to say.

I don't see why people are calling for this thread to be locked. The reason I posted in it was because Owen made a veiled attack on his former NUFC team mates. I don't see why that should have passed without comment.

Is that where he said something like "its a pleasure playing with players who know what they are doing"?

Do you work for The Sun? :razz: He said about liking playing with players who are on the same wavelength as him.

So fuck if it is a veiled criticism, they were fucking shite last season

Do you work for The Sun? :razz: He said about liking playing with players who are on the same wavelength as him.

:laugh: I certainly dont

But it just came across as he was excluded from the shitness and any underforming by himself was all someone elses fault.

He really is bitter and twisted isn't he, if he had any dignity in him he would shut it. Just like he shut it for the six months since Christmas as Club Captain. In fact we've heard more announcements from him since he moved to Man U than in the last year here.

As for slagging of his former team mates, well we may think it's right because they were shite, but there''s no solidarity there is there? The Sousers were right, it's all Owen, Owen Owen with him, he doesn''t know the meaning of team and keeping together, no wonder he was a crap captain.

It's funny how everyone else in the team was on the wrong wavelength and he was on the right wavelength. Yes our players were crap last year and that includes Owen. He just thinks he's above criticism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8157129.stm

The 29-year-old said: "It's just nice to play with players who are on your wavelength, spotting your runs - they are just class players.

"It's a nice feeling (to score) and it's nice to play a game in the red shirt.

"Just to get off the mark for the season is nice, and it's probably doubly good for me as it's my first game as well."