Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

To put it in to the words of me Dad referring to his interview on Sky Sports: "He smiled more in those two minutes than he did in the four years he played for us, the little prick."

Good riddance, little cunt.

Guest toonlass

Let's be honest.

The main reason people are so arsey about this on here (not the only one by any means, I understand and appreciate the other sources of bitterness to Owen, and I'd feel the same) is that he's signed for Manchester United and not Hull City, and the spectre of an Owen enjoying success there after the sap that he was on your resources is just too much to bare.

I'm right, aren't I? I'd feel the same.

I think the main reason that people are feeling arsey about this is that we spent a fucking shedload of cash on transfer fees and wages on someone who looked like he couldn't give a fuck. I really think he was about at the level of maybe Stoke, Birmingham City or even Reading. To have the non-scoring, boring, unmotivated, unispiring (and remember he was captain of our club) twatfilled injury-clad arsehole get a contract at Man United is a fucking kick in the teeth. C'mon brummie, tell me in the past couple of years what has Owen done to justify a squad position in any of the top four teams in England?

Everyone seems to be assuming that this is all going to turn out well for Owen, I'm not so sure myself. I think this'll end up like it did at Real with him hardly ever playing and getting all grumpy about it.

Owen has a fucking good agent can tell you that.  Negotiated that contract with us, when we were the only team interested and now got the guy a move to Man Utd

Everyone seems to be assuming that this is all going to turn out well for Owen, I'm not so sure myself. I think this'll end up like it did at Real with him hardly ever playing and getting all grumpy about it.

Maybe he's a little more realistic now. Obviously once he got the Real move he thought he was Football King. Maybe now he realises he's just an decent, injury-prone striker with a limited game.

Let's be honest.

The main reason people are so arsey about this on here (not the only one by any means, I understand and appreciate the other sources of bitterness to Owen, and I'd feel the same) is that he's signed for Manchester United and not Hull City, and the spectre of an Owen enjoying success there after the sap that he was on your resources is just too much to bare.

I think the main reason that people are feeling arsey about this is that we spent a fucking shedload of cash on transfer fees and wages on someone who looked like he couldn't give a fuck. I really think he was about at the level of maybe Stoke, Birmingham City or even Reading. To have the non-scoring, boring, unmotivated, unispiring (and remember he was captain of our club) twatfilled injury-clad arsehole get a contract at Man United is a fucking kick in the teeth. C'mon brummie, tell me in the past couple of years what has Owen done to justify a squad position in any of the top four teams in England?

Nothing.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I'm entirely in agreement with you. It'd stick in my craw as well. Massively.

If I were a Newcastle fan, I'd have been practically on my knees praying to see him limp off after his first home game at the KC Stadium next season.

I'd also have this down as the last kick in the bollocks of a truly awful season.

He;s been injury prone for years.

He's still injury prone now, going to Man U doesn't automatically change that, so I suspect you are right.

I actually think his best move would have been to have gone to someone like Villa or Everton, where he'd have got a lot of football (if fit)

Maybe he's a little more realistic now. Obviously once he got the Real move he thought he was Football King. Maybe now he realises he's just an decent, injury-prone striker with a limited game.

I think his game is far too limited for ManU, Fergie'll realise that pretty quick and Owen will hardly figure in his plans from then on. At that point Owen - more realistic, or not - will become disenchanted and he'll either go to a club much further down the food chain or call it a day and retire.

Let's be honest.

Not really. I resent Owen because he came here unwillingly, took the money and the armband and gave fuck all back other than his carefully worded statistics. He didn't want to be here and when our survival needed his goals they didn't come.

People might hate him or anything but I am happy for him he came to us but has unlucky injury problem but lets be fair and be happy for him in a return we might get what we need in the future too...

I hope he will become Englands all time top goal scorer.....

Feel pretty similar. Dont care whether he becomes top scorer, but the bias against his on here is laughable.

His main strength being his movement in the box, surround him by players who cant pass & he doesnt score much. Who wouldve thought it.

Its his status & wage that determines he gets all the criticism. Reality is though that the status he had didnt mean we should have expected him to be able to save us singlehandedly.

His injurys again, crap for us. But i dont begrudge him for wanting to represent his national side & as for the rest..i dont really consider us to be the best club to be at in terms of injurys anyway. Half of it could be down just as much to our incompetence as him.

Reckon he'll do very well at a side like Man u.

But my main problem with him has been the fact that he didn't give a s**t about Newcastle United, which as a captain was kinda his duty. Yes he was unlucky with injuries and we didn't give him the service he needs to score goals, but the fact is he was being paid very well, was our captain, and never once seemed like he was a member of a "team". He didn't do much press/interviews, didn't do many endorsements wearing the black n' white and while injured, always sat up in the executive box at SJP, well away from his teammates and spectators. It's sad that he's getting rewarded handsomely after being one of the key reasons why we were relegated, but that's just the way it is being a Newcastle United fan....

I think his game is far too limited for ManU, Fergie'll realise that pretty quick and Owen will hardly figure in his plans from then on. At that point Owen - more realistic, or not - will become disenchanted and he'll either go to a club much further down the food chain or call it a day and retire.

Owen thinks in international tournaments.  He'll be hoping to God he can make South Africa, and loads of Man U subs have made England squads/teams in the past.

Owen thinks in international tournaments. He'll be hoping to God he can make South Africa, and loads of Man U subs have made England squads/teams in the past.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7033/trudatcopy.jpg

Alan Brazils talk about it this morning was almost laughable., Talking about SAF getting him back to goal-scoring ways to get him back into the England squad.

I am sure SAF's first concern is the England squad  :rolleyes:

I cant wait for the first club v country battle involving Owen

Alan Brazils talk about it this morning was almost laughable., Talking about SAF getting him back to goal-scoring ways to get him back into the England squad.

I am sure SAF's first concern is the England squad  :rolleyes:

Absolutely, me too, but can't see it happening for 2 reasons:

1.  Man U are much bigger than Michael Owen, whereas this wasn't true with NUFC in the eyes of the press

2.  The press lick Man U's balls all day long and they're not going to make much of shit like that.  Especially if Ferguson starts being a complete fucking bitch, which he's got eternal form for.

There won't be one. He won't for England again while Copella is in charge

I disagree - I could see him getting in as an England squad player if he plays intermittedly for Man U and has a decent scoring record.  Capello's turned up to watch Owen enough times - he's just been pure wank every time he has.

Owen thinks in international tournaments.  He'll be hoping to God he can make South Africa, and loads of Man U subs have made England squads/teams in the past.

Yeah, but that's not going to happen this time. Cappello is hardly his biggest fan and basically the only way he'd get back in the squad would be to make it impossible for him not to be there by playing loads of games and scoring loads of goals. The former and therefore also the latter are never going to happen for him at Manu.