Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

For some reason, some Manyoo fans seem to think that this is a reason to gloat at me on Facebook.

Same, the same ones that a few days ago mocked me about how past it and shit Owen is.

Man U fans in being fickle twats shocker.

yeah i had that today - manu fans gloating that they signed the little sheep-shagging twat. even when i said that i couldn't give a shite that the mercenary little prick's gone they still rambled on and on about it

For some reason, some Manyoo fans seem to think that this is a reason to gloat at me on Facebook.

Same, the same ones that a few days ago mocked me about how past it and shit Owen is.

<b>Man U fans in being fickle twats shocker.</b>

;D

Guest johnson293

I know its only the NOTW, but I wonder what the pro-owen Manyoo fans will make of this....

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/390781/MICHAEL-OWEN-would-have-taken-a-pound100000-a-week-pay-CUT-to-rejoin-Liverpool-Even-while-Owen-was-in-negotiations-with-Manchester-United-efforts-were-made-on-his-behalf-to-force-an-Anfield-intervention.html

MICHAEL OWEN would have taken a £100,000-a-week pay CUT to rejoin Liverpool.

Even while Owen was in negotiations with Manchester United, efforts were made on his behalf to force an Anfield intervention.

The England striker was so desperate to return to the club where he emerged as a world-class goalscorer that he would have accepted a basic salary of just £25,000-a-week plus goal and appearance bonuses.

But Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez's doubts over Owen's form, fitness and desire to put his club before his England ambitions ensured he rejected repeated attempts to persuade him to re-sign the player he sold five years ago.

:rolleyes:

Let's be honest.

The main reason people are so arsey about this on here (not the only one by any means, I understand and appreciate the other sources of bitterness to Owen, and I'd feel the same) is that he's signed for Manchester United and not Hull City, and the spectre of an Owen enjoying success there after the sap that he was on your resources is just too much to bare.

I'm right, aren't I? I'd feel the same.

I find the level of anger a bit misplaced. Firstly, I don't think it's true to say that he didn't try. He simply isn't that good any more. That's why there hasn't been a stampede of big clubs wanting to sign him, and he got dropped from the England squad.

I also think that Owen himself found the captaincy a bit of an embarrassment. He's a quiet character and he plays very much as an individual rather than at the heart of the team. He was also clearly uncommitted to the club in the long term, and was simply seeing out his contract. He failed to live up to the captaincy role on or off the field, but he shouldn't have been given it in the first place.

Agree on the captaincy bit but hey its all the other shit that grates on us being his lack of commitment and couldnt care less attitude on the field or off ,he just never felt like our player so our resentment comes from this .His performances and lack of effort in our last few games were pityful and that will live long in my memory .

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/87708/Crock-jibes-made-me-feel-a-crook/

CROCK JIBES MADE ME FEEL A CROOK

5th July 2009

By Paul Hetherington

MICHAEL Owen claimed yesterday that he had been made to feel like a “criminal” because of all his injuries.

Manchester United’s free-transfer signing from Newcastle revealed his shock at the criticism he has received and suggestions that he is a spent force.

The England striker said: “I’ve had more stick in the last couple of months and it’s been bitter and nasty. Sometimes you feel almost like a criminal because of the amount of stick I’ve had.

“I always get labelled with injuries, but I have played more than 500 games in my career for club and country. In the last two seasons, I have played 33 and 32 games for Newcastle.

“Well, we only played 38 a season in the league, we weren’t in Europe and we didn’t go very far in the cups, so I didn’t miss that many.

But as a footballer, you always get the chance to have the last laugh and I’m totally confident about the future.

Owen added: “I’m not silly - I know there will be some people saying that maybe Sir Alex Ferguson shouldn’t have signed me.

“But as soon as the first game kicks off, I can do my talking on the pitch. Iíve joined a fantastic team with fantastic players - that’s why they have all won so much.

“Hopefully, I can jump on the bandwagon, score a few goals and help us to further success.”

Don't worry about it Michael, you've certainly had the last laugh over Newcastle.

Guest neesy111

he's a fucking liar, he hasn't played over 500 games ffs

trying to big himself up, can't wait until someone breaks his foot or knee again

My big problem with him is that he seems to take no responsibility for our relegation whatsoever. He acts like he was just a bystander and not our club captain. Everything he says is always about him.

To be fair though, he did the dirty on his 'beloved' Liverpool to go to Real Madrid so we can't expect him to give us a second thought.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/87708/Crock-jibes-made-me-feel-a-crook/

CROCK JIBES MADE ME FEEL A CROOK

5th July 2009

By Paul Hetherington

MICHAEL Owen claimed yesterday that he had been made to feel like a “criminal” because of all his injuries.

Manchester United’s free-transfer signing from Newcastle revealed his shock at the criticism he has received and suggestions that he is a spent force.

The England striker said: “I’ve had more stick in the last couple of months and it’s been bitter and nasty. Sometimes you feel almost like a criminal because of the amount of stick I’ve had.“I always get labelled with injuries, but I have played more than 500 games in my career for club and country. In the last two seasons, I have played 33 and 32 games for Newcastle.

“Well, we only played 38 a season in the league, we weren’t in Europe and we didn’t go very far in the cups, so I didn’t miss that many.

But as a footballer, you always get the chance to have the last laugh and I’m totally confident about the future.

Owen added: “I’m not silly - I know there will be some people saying that maybe Sir Alex Ferguson shouldn’t have signed me.

“But as soon as the first game kicks off, I can do my talking on the pitch. Iíve joined a fantastic team with fantastic players - that’s why they have all won so much.

“Hopefully, I can jump on the bandwagon, score a few goals and help us to further success.”

Don't worry about it Michael, you've certainly had the last laugh over Newcastle.

The reason you've had stick Micky, is because it's been our money through season tickets, shirt sales, Sky subscription ect. That has paid for you're (around) £110,000 a WEEK pay.

While (especially this season) you've strolled around the pitch (when you're on it) as if you couldn't give a fuck.

As i said especially this season when all you seemed bothered about was not getting injured (again) so it would not jeopardize you're next move. Prick.

Guest neesy111

i thought i couldn't hate anyone in football than graeme souness, but this little shit has went well past souness

if i ever saw him in the street i would swing for the little fucker and happily take the consequences tbh

My big problem with him is that he seems to take no responsibility for our relegation whatsoever. He acts like he was just a bystander and not our club captain. Everything he says is always about him.

In fairness though, this was the kind of view that was shared by many fans as well. The problem was always 'the service', or the fact that we were a shit side, as though what was going on in the rest of the team was nothing to do with the way Owen was playing. Even Shearer got caught up in that way of thinking for the first few games.

It will not work out at Man U for the same reason that it didn't work out with us. Your last sentence there sums up the trouble with the way Owen plays.

Guest Phil K

To be fair though, he did the dirty on his 'beloved' Liverpool to go to Real Madrid so we can't expect him to give us a second thought.

He p*ssed Real about too - shows what sort of prick he is

Fergie will NOT stand for that of course, so it's good for both parties.

I find it ironic that he's whining about our bitterness and saying "Its as if I commited a crime"

You DID Owen. Your half-heartedness contributed to our relegation.

I'd be pleased if the national rags got on his back about it, but they won't.

He plays for Man U now, y'see.....