Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Guest Stephen927

Who gives a s***, he's not our player anymore. I couldn't give a f*** if he goes on the be top goalscorer or breaks his leg in his first game.

I am a fan of football as well as Newcastle United, I like to see good goals no matter who scores them, so I give a shit to answer your question.

Guest Heneage

He's bound to play better for them. He knows he won't be able to get away with putting in the level of performance and effort we saw. Plus, he wouldn't get paid.

So you think it was purely effort and not talent that restricted him last season?

Im gonna have to find a place to put in a fresh bet for Owen to be PL top scorer next year, you know it is bound to happen.

I doubt it. His best ever return was in the 2001 - 2002 and 2002 - 2003 seasons where he scored 19 league goals in both seasons. He was at his peak then playing for Liverpool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Owen

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had a nightmare by all accounts against Valencia, missing 3 clear cut chances. Though the clips SSN keep showing, show him having more pace then he ever showed at the Toon.

I noticed SSN last night and Five Live this morning were all over Owen and Rooney immediately playing for England together again, and that Owen only missed the (four) chances because he's not up to match sharpness yet.

:rolleyes:

I noticed SSN last night and Five Live this morning were all over Owen and Rooney immediately playing for England together again, and that Owen only missed the (four) chances because he's not up to match sharpness yet.

"but his movement was immense" SAF.

Yeah ok.

Nailed on to be in Fabio's squad come the world cup. Can't recall ever wishing an injury on a player before but he tests my good will. I hope we draw them in a cup just for the opportunity to rinse the welsh bastard.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

aww without a doubt now that Owen isn't at the Evil Newcastle United, he'll be the media's poster boy again. He looked sharp enough in his movement, but his finishing was as poor as it was for us last season.

I don't understand why playing in a better team means Owen's more eligable to play for England.

Cos presumably he'll get better service, score more goals, playing better = more likely to be called up

I don't understand why playing in a better team means Owen's more eligable to play for England.

Cos presumably he'll get better service, score more goals, playing better = more likely to be called up

Does having better players around you make you a better player? He's still the same footballer that was with us, and Capello isn't really interested in reputation / club you play for.

Does having better players around you make you a better player? He's still the same footballer that was with us, and Capello isn't really interested in reputation / club you play for.

He won't become a better player but he'll have a manager who uses him properly and can advise him how to use his talent (which i doubt myself but i'm just answering your question). Capello has said he's interested in form n Owen was off form for us, if he's on form for man utd then presumably he will be back in contention. He'll have more of a an opportunity there to show how good a player he might be

It does if your name is Steven Taylor.

:lol:

I knew this would be bumped btw. :lol:

Never misses a trick, this one.

Ofc going to Man u will increase his status again. Fergie seeing some form of potential will automatically make others look for it, whether its there or not. So it was a very lucky move for him. His finishing was shocking against Valencia, his movement looked sharp though. No doubt he'll get the goals now he has the chances.

I'm not overly bothered that he got his final payday at Man United to be honest. He'll probably do well enough, get a few injuries and score enough goals to keep him on the highlight reel... may even get back into the England squad and become the media darling with his clean cut image again.

..I can't really say I care though. So what? He drained this club or resources for 4 long years and played a part in our downfall to a certain extent but on the other hand he's no longer our problem. I don't care what happens to any of our ex players, whether they deserve what they get or not. He just means nothing to me.

"but his movement was immense" SAF.

Yeah ok.

Nailed on to be in Fabio's squad come the world cup. Can't recall ever wishing an injury on a player before but he tests my good will. I hope we draw them in a cup just for the opportunity to rinse the welsh b******.

To be fair, SAF stuck with Andy Cole who couldn't seem to hit a barn door in his first season at MUFC. But he kept with him and he came good, but he stayed in the team for his movement.

Ironic, discussing Michael Owen's 'immense movement' at this point after what he did for the past 4 years for us.

Guest Stephen927

Match fitness, fuck off, he's played 4 games leading up to the Valencia game, scoring 3 goals. Nothing to do with him bottling his first Old Trafford appearance for Man United. 

Owen will score a lot of goals for ManU. Injury doesn't take away your eye for a goal, and against less than great opposition he'll have shedfuls of chances on a platter in a side like theirs. I can see Fergie playing him fairly regularly against bottom-half sides when he won't be expected to do much other than shoot.