Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

If Owen really signs we should fully support Ashley and Kinnear during the January transfer window and upcoming matches.  Things have been turning surprisingly good and we should grasp the chance.

Craig Moore makes full recovery from bollock cancer, fair play to him  :thup:

Good news and all, but not sure of impact on Owen's contract?

well surely if Owen's watching it'll put things into perspective. He'll think, ah bollocks to it, what's an extra 20k.

Craig Moore makes full recovery from bollock cancer, fair play to him  :thup:

Good news and all, but not sure of impact on Owen's contract?

well surely if Owen's watching it'll put things into perspective. He'll think, ah bollocks to it, what's an extra 20k.

Not sure whether "bollocks to it" would be quite the correct sentiment ;)

Guest sicko2ndbest

News on SSN in 5 mins about his contract stay tuned

David Craig

Did SSN mention anything about number of days or hours before "5 mins"

They said 'we will be crossing to David Craig for news about MOs contract after the break' at 4:55. I added the 5 minutes!

Hell fire. Should be fun reading the tabloids for another six months. What does this even mean? Has he actually made a decision, or what?

Every single interview: "So, have you signed that contract, then?"

Guest Chubby Jason

Fair enough, maybe wants to see who we bring in in January and if there is any sign that we'll actually progress as a club.

im slightly suprised at the timing, as i thought he would've waited till january, seen what domestic clubs were asking about him, got the chatter from his agent and weighed up the options coming from abroad before making an announcement like this. it looks like he'll be off.

Fair enough, maybe wants to see who we bring in in January and if there is any sign that we'll actually progress as a club.

He's delaying the announcement, not the decision. He's already made up his mind.

Don't really see the point in this, if i'm honest. ???

He's delaying the announcement, not the decision. He's already made up his mind.

Don't really see the point in this, if i'm honest. ???

Depends on interpretation perhaps; they're now saying he's delaying the decision.

It sounds like he wants to see where we end up.  If he was going then he may as well say "thanks, but I'm off at end the season".  The only reason you would delay the announcement is if you want to see where we finish or if we win a cup.  Perhaps if we get in to Europe he will sign, if not then he moves?

It sounds like he wants to see where we end up.  If he was going then he may as well say "thanks, but I'm off at end the season".  The only reason you would delay the announcement is if you want to see where we finish or if we win a cup.  Perhaps if we get in to Europe he will sign, if not then he moves?

Or maybe he will see who is after him...

There's direct quotes from Owen.

'I've decided to make it clear I'm committed at least until the end of the season, happy here, enjoying it, next career decision is crucial, not about money, will accept a cut in wages, will not be leaving in January'

Just typed that as it was read.