Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

The club are only offering him this deal to save face as they know fine well he does not want to be here further than the current deal has him tied to the club, so when he does leave they can say to the fans "we tried" and Owen will foot the blame.

This kind of deal should have been offered the moment KK wanted him tied down, a time when Owen was willing to commit to more years.

This is a cynical attempt to look ambitious.

correct

So was it a cynical attempt to look ambitious when we bid for Rooney?

At the time I thought it was, but Rooney has since said we were after him and had Man Utd not come in for him he'd have joined us so it appears to have been a genuine bid, although I still think it was also a cynical attempt to look ambitious at the same time.

Of course it was genuine, and an attempt to be ambitious. You don't make £20m+ bids for players as a "stunt".

Via the Jeremy Kyle show?

'YOU'RE NOT FIT ENOUGH TO BE A CLUB OWNER'

'YOU'RE MANAGER FEELS UNLOVED AND PUSHED OUT BY YOUR NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH THESE TWO MEN'

'You really are a bully aren't you Dennis?'

'I don't care if your circus is failing, get a job like everyone else'

'Why should i pay for you to sit around all day feeling sorry for yourself? Be a man Kevin'

'YOU'RE MANAGER FEELS UNLOVED AND PUSHED OUT BY YOUR NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH THESE TWO MEN'

'Why should i pay for you to sit around all day feeling sorry for yourself? Be a man Kevin'

:lol:

:spit:

Newcastle winger Gutierrez wants Owen to stay

Dec 18 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jonas Gutierrez

JONAS GUTIERREZ is hoping that Michael Owen can come to an agreement to extend his stay at St James’s Park.

The black-and-white No 10 has begun talks with the club over a new contract at a time when he is enjhttp://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/18/newcastle-winger-gutierrez-wants-owen-to-stay-72703-22504504/oying one of his best seasons in a Toon shirt.[/quote

Kinnear ‘optimistic’ over Michael Owen contract talks

Dec 18 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United manager Joe Kinnear has held positive talks with star striker Michael Owen.

The Chronicle revealed this week that the club have sent the England ace details of a new deal in an effort to persuade him to stay at St James's Park.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/18/kinnear-optimistic-over-michael-owen-contract-talks-72703-22505564/

If Owen does sign a new 3 year contract here, he will go on to become everyone's favourite player again. It'll answer all the doubts that he really wants to be here, and nothing would please me more, although I would be pleasantly surprised as Fat Fred used to say.

He'll do what he did to Liverpool and run down his contract. I really don't expect him to sign.

Saying that though, at least if he does do that he'll stay professional and keep performing for as long as he's fit. Owen certainly won't throw a  Berbatov-esque strop. For as long as he stays out of the England squad he'll be great for us.

If Owen does sign a new 3 year contract here, he will go on to become everyone's favourite player again. It'll answer all the doubts that he really wants to be here, and nothing would please me more, although I would be pleasantly surprised as Fat Fred used to say.

And if he picks up an injury through no fault of his own after signing it, everyone will be on his back again.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think any decent bid for any of our players will be accepted in Jan. If rumours are to be believed, the club were inviting offers for a number of them even back in the summer right up until the last day of the transfer window, Joey Barton had to inform Sky he wasn't going to Everton or Portsmouth FFS.

you talk so much s*** its unreal. it was bad before but with your latest agenda its almost parody.

barton said he wasnt going because....he wasnt going maybe? as far as we all know, portsmouth bid, we rejected the offer, end of story. or at least the real story as it got spun and twisted to say that we were trying to offload him.

Ah, so because I'm not licking Ashley's arse I'm talking s**** or am I talking s**** because what I say doesn't fit what you yourself think? Either way...

http://mccurley.org/images/fuck_you.jpg

Oh and happy Christmas!

And if he picks up an injury through no fault of his own after signing it, everyone will be on his back again.

He'll probably pick up an injury anyway and sign for us because nobody else wants to sign an injured player.

Guest The Libertine

I think any decent bid for any of our players will be accepted in Jan. If rumours are to be believed, the club were inviting offers for a number of them even back in the summer right up until the last day of the transfer window, Joey Barton had to inform Sky he wasn't going to Everton or Portsmouth FFS.

you talk so much s*** its unreal. it was bad before but with your latest agenda its almost parody.

barton said he wasnt going because....he wasnt going maybe? as far as we all know, portsmouth bid, we rejected the offer, end of story. or at least the real story as it got spun and twisted to say that we were trying to offload him.

Ah, so because I'm not licking Ashley's arse I'm talking s**** or am I talking s**** because what I say doesn't fit what you yourself think? Either way...

Oh and happy Christmas!

you've easily been the most embarrassing user in the last few months with your childish attitude/agenda. most fans calmed down a few days after keegan left but you are still in the kneejerk/kill, kill, kill phase.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh and happy Christmas!

you've easily been the most embarrassing user in the last few months with your childish attitude/agenda. most fans calmed down a few days after keegan left but you are still in the kneejerk/kill, kill, kill phase.

As

If

I

Care

Ashley is a lying scumbag and I will say whatever I like, when I like on the matter and any other matter.

HTT just likes to swing wildly to the extremes of debates....wont be long till he is declaring that all sharks,the murdering bastards,should be wiped out beyong extinction,eradicating all there DNA and eagles will be his new fave.

If you really want to get to him, say something nasty about sharks.

Guest The Libertine

If you really want to get to him, say something nasty about sharks.

i had a slighty amusing quip about a telephone number but i didnt "go there".

Oh and happy Christmas!

Considering the way he was fuking his arse just more than a year ago.

Its embarrassing.

The club are only offering him this deal to save face as they know fine well he does not want to be here further than the current deal has him tied to the club, so when he does leave they can say to the fans "we tried" and Owen will foot the blame.

This kind of deal should have been offered the moment KK wanted him tied down, a time when Owen was willing to commit to more years.

This is a cynical attempt to look ambitious.

correct

So was it a cynical attempt to look ambitious when we bid for Rooney?

we had already shown our ambition for 10 years before that.

Kinnear says we should find out if he's signing in the next 2 or 3 days. But then again, its Joe Kinnear saying this so its probably complete twaddle.

Players like Owen do not decide within 2-3 days that they are going to sign a contract (unless it is a last day of the transfer window).

Kinnear says we should find out if he's signing in the next 2 or 3 days. But then again, its Joe Kinnear saying this so its probably complete twaddle.

Players like Owen do not decide within 2-3 days that they are going to sign a contract (unless it is a last day of the transfer window).

He will negotiate the contract regardless. He would be a fool not too but when he does it will give the club an indication of his intentions.

It's a three year deal with another year if he completes 50% of our games in the final season.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5367293.ece

He rated the odds at “60/40.” Kevin Keegan, the former manager, made repeated requests for Owen’s future to be secured, but Ashley sanctioned only a 12-month offer worth £80,000-a-week in the days that immediately preceded the departure of Kinnear’s predecessor. “I didn’t see any value in that, so I just said to Michael, ‘What if we can tie you up for the rest of your career, more or less, would you be happy with that?’ And he said ‘Yes, I’d be delighted.’ ”