Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I have no sympathy for Owen. Perhaps if he had put the effort in and acted like a captain on the field then he would be at a Premiership club next season. As it stands, he is most likely going to have to take a wage cut to get a move to a team in the top flight, or alternatively look abroad which I think we all know he doesn't want to do after his time at Madrid.

At the age of 29, his career is in tatters and I think the thing that hurts him the most is it isn't Newcastle Uniteds fault. He was the one who chose to go to the World Cup half fit (I probably would have done the same in fairness) but that was the turning point in his career, when he went from brilliant to average.

It says something about his fall from grace when one of his biggest admirers and friend (Shearer) drops him in a relegation scrap when we need goals the most.

I wish to f*ck Dave Whelan would shut his trap regarding our club / players etc... the miserable kunt  :tickedoff:

Why exactly ? he is saying what he thinks about Owen and the majority of people on this forum and around the country are saying the same thing so i dont know how that can be upsetting you

:lol:

Owen is so dumb ...

It was definitely a stupid thing to do sending it to a select group of teams as it clearly offends the others.

Should have just sent it out to everyone out of respect and then had his pick of the ones who responded.

Just another clear sign of his arrogance imo.

Clueless guy.

You think it was something he did? Sat bored at home so thought he'd knock something out on photoshop and write out a few envelopes? Or, more logically, do you think it was done by someone else in the heirachy that is his life, with decisions being made elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if documents like this are sent out all the time.

:lol:

Owen is so dumb ...

It was definitely a stupid thing to do sending it to a select group of teams as it clearly offends the others.

Should have just sent it out to everyone out of respect and then had his pick of the ones who responded.

Just another clear sign of his arrogance imo.

Clueless guy.

You think it was something he did? Sat bored at home so thought he'd knock something out on photoshop and write out a few envelopes? Or, more logically, do you think it was done by someone else in the heirachy that is his life, with decisions being made elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if documents like this are sent out all the time.

I'm sure either way Owen would get final say in the matter. The distributers are at his employment so he is ultimately responsible, just as if I did something to bring my company into disrepute, I would no doubt be sacked but they would have to deal with and be responsible for my actions.

Either way, it just looks like another foolish action by Owen and another nail in his footballing coffin. Can't wait to see where he actually ends up next year, if anywhere!

Though saying that I bet he gets a club and scores 20 goals next season, just to rub our noses in it! Sods law.

Guest GAMMELL

I wish to f*ck Dave Whelan would shut his trap regarding our club / players etc... the miserable kunt  :tickedoff:

Why exactly ? he is saying what he thinks about Owen and the majority of people on this forum and around the country are saying the same thing so i dont know how that can be upsetting you

He's been spouting on about us since the January transfer window et al, this thing with Mickey is just another 1 of his poxy little rantsI'm just sick of the old bollocks going on & on... that's why!!

He's been spouting on about us since the January transfer window et al, this thing with Mickey is just another 1 of his poxy little rantsI'm just sick of the old bollocks going on & on... that's why!!

The reason he is going on about us is his hatred for Ashley and there rivals in business and i dont think he dislikes our club just Ashley imho.

Owen lunching with Al Fayed before Ascot today.   Maybe worth a punt, Owen hasn't got a lot of options available to him.

Ah man he is just handing his brochure out by hand thas all.

Owen lunching with Al Fayed before Ascot today.   Maybe worth a punt, Owen hasn't got a lot of options available to him.

Hope not, Fulham finally going in the right direction for the 1st time in decades, that parasite would bleed em dry.

Hope not, Fulham finally going in the right direction for the 1st time in decades, that parasite would bleed em dry.

You hope not? Are you a Fulham fan?

You hope not? Are you a Fulham fan?

Not all of us have two clubs.

Guest getalife

Torres in the news backing him for a return to Liverpool now. To misquote a classic line in a certain Guy Ritchie movie, 'is this some red c**t's joke that black & white c**t's don't get...?  :idiot2:

Torres in the news backing him for a return to Liverpool now. To misquote a classic line in a certain Guy Ritchie movie, 'is this some red c**t's joke that black & white c**t's don't get...?   :idiot2:

I may have missed something but from the quotes I've read I can't see anything where Torres says Liverpool should sign him. Headlinetastic journalism?

Torres in the news backing him for a return to Liverpool now. To misquote a classic line in a certain Guy Ritchie movie, 'is this some red c**t's joke that black & white c**t's don't get...?   :idiot2:

I may have missed something but from the quotes I've read I can't see anything where Torres says Liverpool should sign him. Headlinetastic journalism?

Yep, there doesnt seem to be any indication Torres has said Liverpool should sign him.

Fulham is a good shout, simply because Al Fayed is stupid enough to try and bring him in and Hodgson is one of the few who could get something out of him.

Still it wouldn't surprise me if Benitez signed him on a smaller wage (surely he'd take the cut for Liverpool) in a Robbie Fowler esq signing.

As for Dave Whelan.... knobhead (and yes i would have him as chairman).

Guest getalife

Yep, there doesnt seem to be any indication Torres has said Liverpool should sign him.

My bad, I just re-read it and you're right, it doesn't. I misinterpreted the article first time around..... :-[

"I'm surprised that someone as astute as Alan Hansen is still touting him around. It's as simple as this - The type of player Owen is has no place in the modern game. The days of the 'poacher' are long gone. No team worth their salt can carry a poacher, because if they do, they're in effect a man down. All the top teams have an all round player as their centre forward, someone who can do it all, not just pop up in the right place at the right time. Who would you rather have in your team - a Didier Drogba type, who doesn't need the 'service' that Hansen alludes to, because he's perfectly capably of making his own goals, or Owen, an injury prone, slow striker, who can be taken care of with a man-marker?

The only teams that will sign Owen are those whos manager still lives in the past. Unluckily for Owen, Bryan Robson and Peter Reid are no longer club manangers."

interesting quote from beeb comments section.

Christ this is cringeworthy.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194209-0567D078000005DC-428_148x112_popup.jpg

I also love how this brochure is available in Italian and Spanish on request.

Imagine if Lyon or someone had fancied taking a punt on him? :lol: