Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Guest dover

:facepalm:

If he`d done his talking on the pitch he wouldnt need a brochure and we wouldnt need promotion. Deserves to be in the championship as much as we do.

:lol: How the mighty have fallen.

Interesting quote: "Indeed his period under Kevin Keegan in 2008 was one of his happiest and most productive spells in football and he was within days of signing a contract which would have kept him at St James' Park for the rest of his career when Keegan left the club abruptly in early weeks of the 2009/09 season"

Guest helios_centric

You can see how annoyed he is with what he considers to be tabloid rumour-mongering. To go to those lengths to set the record straight, even at the risk of making himself look a right tit, definitely makes it look like he has a point to prove.

Owen's problem looks to be that he probably isn't capable of proving his point and making anyone eat their words.

There are a few interesting claims if you read between the lines that seem pretty fair to be honest:

He was pissed about KK leaving and probably would have stayed.

He blames his poor form on the club's medical staff.

and he thinks we should have signed a creative midfielder.

That book is hilarious!!! you look at his goals record for us and the statistic that according to Prozone "Michael was in the top 3 players for work rate and distance covered" for April.......yet he was still shit. totally anonymous. that screams "headless chicken" - because for all that running. not once did he trouble goalkeepers.

some of those pages were uncomfortably cringeworthy though haha. what a joke!

The points about needing a midfielder & him having to drop deep are sound & true. And its a solid point that we're probably the worst possible club any injury prone player could ever be at with our record. No doubt we've made it far worse rather than better.

But the whole thing smacks of some serious serious desperation, i dont see that attracting anyone. He must be embarassed by this, talk about taking bad advice.

There are a few interesting claims if you read between the lines that seem pretty fair to be honest:

He was pissed about KK leaving and probably would have stayed.

He blames his poor form on the club's medical staff.

and he thinks we should have signed a creative midfielder.

Fair comment iyam.

We've all been going on about a CM since I can remember.

I've only read the pages on here so far but I like how the only time he refers to being club captain here is when trying to justify his terrible goal return in the latter part of the season. Clearly feels no responsibilty at all.

What an incredible piece of shit waste of paper. As always, Mickey Owen is presented both as a mixture of superhuman professional dedication and as a product "The Michael Owen brand".. Cudos to such creative corporate work.

I'm sure there's a team of at least 30 people who are responsible for his career guidance and PR bullshit.. and this cheap spec is the best they can come up with. I'd be looking to change my advisors if I were him.

Having read the entire thing I feel a bit sorry for him. It's rather pathetic.

There's no doubt he was a very good player and his goal return backs this up. He's just gone completely stale, and a move is the best thing for both him and us.

There's no doubt he was a very good player and his goal return backs this up. He's just gone completely stale, and a move is the best thing for both him and us.

He's trying to save his career basically and in that sense he is trying to put a positive spin on things.

However the failure of Owen at Newcastle is predominantly due to how shit our club has been the past 2 years, notwithstanding signing him in the first place.

He's trying to save his career basically and in that sense he is trying to put a positive spin on things.

However the failure of Owen at Newcastle is predominantly due to how s*** our club has been the past 2 years, notwithstanding signing him in the first place.

i'd say it was an even split.

However the failure of Owen at Newcastle is predominantly due to how s*** our club has been the past 2 years, notwithstanding signing him in the first place.

i'd say it was an even split.

I wouldn't not by a mile.

I wonder how many clubs are surprised to learn he was Club Captain here? Because there was no evidence of it on or off the field. I can't remember the last interview he ever did, he left it to others to explain our poor displays. Pathetic.

I laughed through the whole thing :lol:

It stinks of nothing but sheer desperation and reads like a child reporting to the head master.

"Jimmy may have said that sir, but I know for a fact that I'm still determined and I'm not always injured all the time and I do still score goals and I am still quick! Believe me sir!"

I wonder how many clubs are surprised to learn he was Club Captain here? Because there was no evidence of it on or off the field. I can't remember the last interview he ever did, he left it to others to explain our poor displays. Pathetic.

What would be the point of saying something?

The player threads on here are a mix of this:

'He's said nothing, he's a disgrace, doesn't care about the fans!'

and

'I wish he'd just shut up with these empty promises and let his football do the talking!'

What would be the point of saying something?

The player threads on here are a mix of this:

'He's said nothing, he's a disgrace, doesn't care about the fans!'

and

'I wish he'd just shut up with these empty promises and let his football do the talking!'

He should have stepped forward as Club Captain, not only off the pitch but on it as well, he couldn't motivate himself or his team mates, he went missing and as Club Captain that's a disgrace.