Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Guest wshmag

Brilliant quote on TalkSport just.

Not sure who the guy is with Ian Danter but in talking about a suggested move to Celtic for Owen, he said

"Well he will be following in the footsteps of some illustrious names like Henrik Larsson,

Venegoor of Hesselink and JOHN HARTSON !!!"

:lol:

EDIT : He writes for the Daily Mail (Neil Asten?). Makes sense now. Knobhead

what's funny about that?

Guest Phil K

Owen's not swinging his hand bag trying to catch a "client" at a street corner in Liverpool to rip off yet ?

Not sure who the guy is with Ian Danter but in talking about a suggested move to Celtic for Owen, he said

"Well he will be following in the footsteps of some illustrious names like Henrik Larsson,

JVoH is probably worse than Hartson ever was. Still, could have mentioned Di Canio or Viduka if he had a clue what he was on about.

JVoH is probably worse than Hartson ever was. Still, could have mentioned Di Canio or Viduka if he had a clue what he was on about.

Yep he's way worse than Hartson was. He was pretty class for most of his Celtic career.

Injuries that have left him without a left foot, any power whatsoever in his shooting, body strenth that a 9 year old would be ashamed of, and of course the complete lack of bollocks

i could pick out many faults in your superhero obafemi martins, too.

they're both s*** and they're both a disgrace to the newcastle united shirt.

Martins is far from my superhero, I just think given the circumstances he's done an ok job for us

yeah, i'm convinced. :rolleyes: Your love for Martins is embarrassing.

this btw, Ronaldo is the biggest Martins fanboy on these boards

Martins imo is a good player who hasn't done a bad job for us. He was very poor in his last 8 games of the season and the criticism is a reflection of that. Not many were calling him s**** in March  :rolleyes:

to be fair to martins he was injured, did play through the pain barrier unlike some who only do that for England, and scored the one goal that gave us a bit of hope. owen basically gave up trying in January.

Love the fact that for Martins, injury is used as an excuse for him, whereas for Owen it's a major criticism.

owen picked up his big injury after rushing to play for england, whereas martins played with an injury to try and save us. anyway, what i said about Owen giving up in january and being shit since the beginning of december has nowt to do with injuries, though lacking a spine is a bit of a disability.

For his World Cup ambitions, he'd honestly have more chance of going by scoring 20+ goals in the Championship for us than he would getting 8 goals for Hull.

How often do Championship players start for England?

For his World Cup ambitions, he'd honestly have more chance of going by scoring 20+ goals in the Championship for us than he would getting 8 goals for Hull.

How often has someone like Michael Owen played in the Championship?

Guest neesy111

well let's just say the fact that he's had to bring out a brochure about himself, tell's you everything

club's won't dare touch him

he'll end up in the mls imo

How often has someone like Michael Owen played in the Championship?

Owen has absolutely no intention of staying with us and I'm surprised anyone thinks differently, his number 1 team (England) doesn't want him, so he has to hawk himself around the Premiership in order to be visible. The shame for Owen is that even if he scores 20 goals this next season (unlikely) and plays 75% of his games because he isn't injured (even more unlikely) he won't be picked because Capello wouldn't pick him even if Owen paid him.

His loss of form this last season probably coincided with his realisation that his England career was on the wane or even finished, he's looked suitably depressed ever since. And he'll stay that way.

well let's just say the fact that he's had to bring out a brochure about himself, tell's you everything

club's won't dare touch him

he'll end up in the mls imo

Too far from his horses. He'll probably end up playing for Fulham.

Guest Stephen927

I'm hoping it all drags on and on for a couple of weeks after his contract here finishes, make him sweat a little bit.

Guest Stephen927

It'll be even more of a media wankfest if he were to go to Hull.  They've lapped up the past 4 years saying how he's spiralled downwards since he joined us, but moving to 'lowly' Hull will just give them an extra bumper chapter.

This time, however, we can laugh a little bit.

I think they'll spin it so Michael Owen looks good. Something about him joining an unattractive side simply to get his England career back on track, professional attitude, all the usual words associated with Michael Owen.

It'll be even more of a media wankfest if he were to go to Hull.  They've lapped up the past 4 years saying how he's spiralled downwards since he joined us, but moving to 'lowly' Hull will just give them an extra bumper chapter.

I think they'll spin it so Michael Owen looks good. Something about him joining an unattractive side simply to get his England career back on track, professional attitude, all the usual words associated with Michael Owen.

maybe, but I still think there'll be continuing articles about how he's finished.

right, like that'll sell papers

Guest toonlass

Is he not gone yet? The £2 million "loyalty" bonus should tide him over while he hasn't got a club paying him mega bucks.