Retaining Players

Guest neesy111

Of these players out of contract end of the season, who would you retain?

Cacapa --- Load of shite, later.

Owen --- Would sign him but there's no chance

Harper --- Would offer him an extention

Butt --- Slow and past it, time to go

Ameobi --- Would sign him now to sell

Edgar --- Would sign him on to sell on later

Viduka --- Terminate and not take the final expensive year, would rather see the £4m he'd get for it doing nothing spent on persuading a real player to join the club.

There we go.

Yep.

I fully expect us to re-sign Butt though at least.

Can't believe people would actually bring Viduka back even on a pay as you play deal. Why on Earth would you do such a thing with the whole summer ahead of you? What a disgusting thought.

Eh?  Why not if he only gets paid when he plays?  He can't hide/pretend not to be fit because he won't be paid.  Also if he's s*** in games he doesn't get picked and so also won't get paid.  Where's the downside here?  ???

The downside is he is too old, too fat and too crap. It would be much more worthwhile getting in someone who is actually interested in football. We don't need his stinking unprofessional behaviour around the place any longer.

The only good thing about Viduka being out of contract is that we can expect better performances as it winds down. He's got a history of turning it on just in time for contract renewal time...

harsh on Viduka tbh, he's obviously worked hard to get back into shape

Viduka hasn't worked hard for at least 5 years now. Quite frankly he's a parasite.

I was embarrassed we signed him tbh. You have to wonder what the hell we were doing signign Boro's scraps.

Humiliating.

Of these players out of contract end of the season, who would you retain?

Cacapa --- Load of shite, later.

Owen --- Would sign him but there's no chance

Harper --- Would offer him an extention

Butt --- Slow and past it, time to go

Ameobi --- Would sign him now to sell

Edgar --- Would sign him on to sell on later

Viduka --- Terminate and not take the final expensive year, would rather see the £4m he'd get for it doing nothing spent on persuading a real player to join the club.

There we go.

Yep.

I fully expect us to re-sign Butt though at least.

Unfortunately, i reckon so .

Viduka hasn't worked hard for at least 5 years now. Quite frankly he's a parasite.

I was embarrassed we signed him tbh. You have to wonder what the hell we were doing signign Boro's scraps.

Humiliating.

Boro's scraps? they all think he's fantastic and would take him back in a second in Boro tbh

He's a very good player on the ball tbh and the best finisher at the club by some distance. He's lost a lot of weight and should he have a good 6 months in the team i'd offer him a new, reduced contract

Can't believe people would actually bring Viduka back even on a pay as you play deal. Why on Earth would you do such a thing with the whole summer ahead of you? What a disgusting thought.

Eh?  Why not if he only gets paid when he plays?  He can't hide/pretend not to be fit because he won't be paid.  Also if he's s*** in games he doesn't get picked and so also won't get paid.  Where's the downside here?  ???

The downside is he is too old, too fat and too crap. It would be much more worthwhile getting in someone who is actually interested in football. We don't need his stinking unprofessional behaviour around the place any longer.

Again none of that is a downside if he's only paid when/if he plays as he won't play often if he's shit.

By the way I disagree with you on Viduka, he's old and slow but he's quality on the ball when fit.

Guest The Libertine

Humiliating.

Boro's scraps? they all think he's fantastic and would take him back in a second in Boro tbh

He's a very good player on the ball tbh and the best finisher at the club by some distance. He's lost a lot of weight and should he have a good 6 months in the team i'd offer him a new, reduced contract

agree with that except the finishing part, thats owen.

Humiliating.

Owen finishing isn't nearly as good as Viduka's man.

Guest The Libertine

Humiliating.

owens goal record (even just for us) suggests he's loads better. viduka is a very good finisher but owen is just simply better.

Humiliating.

owens goal record (even just for us) suggests he's loads better. viduka is a very good finisher but owen is just simply better.

Owen's a better goalscorer, doesn't make him a better finisher.

Viduka's finishing is immaculate imo, Owen's is decent

Guest The Libertine

Humiliating.

Owen's a better goalscorer, doesn't make him a better finisher.

Viduka's finishing is immaculate imo, Owen's is decent

its 0-0, fa cup final, last minute, one on one....owen or viduka?

Humiliating.

What were you doing when you weren't watching any of our games last year out of interest?