Would you take Bellamy back?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alan Smith £6million

Xisco    £5-6million werent it.

At other clubs - Robbie Keane - similiar type of player imo, 28 yrs old - £20million

Beyond some base physical characteristics and occupation there is absolutely nothing similar about Keane, Smith and Xisco. 

edit: Not that Keane was worth £20m, but he was worth a damn sight more than 6m.

There game is very similiar imo.

Bellamy and Keane are both unselfish can spot a pass, similar kind of workrate.  Alot of their work goes unnoticed.  Fair comparison i think. 

Alan Smith £6million

Xisco    £5-6million werent it.

At other clubs - Robbie Keane - similiar type of player imo, 28 yrs old - £20million

Beyond some base physical characteristics and occupation there is absolutely nothing similar about Keane, Smith and Xisco. 

edit: Not that Keane was worth £20m, but he was worth a damn sight more than 6m.

There game is very similiar imo.

Bellamy and Keane are both unselfish can spot a pass, similar kind of workrate.  Alot of their work goes unnoticed.  Fair comparison i think. 

Bellamy is quicker, Keane is a better finisher. It would be a Viduka signing all over again, with everyone soon getting pissed off that we were paying him to miss games through injury. His fitness record is terrible and he's sleeping in high altitude tents in a last gasp bid to save his career in his own words. Move on guys.

Guest johnson293

Sorry if its been mentioned earlier, but out of interest, how many appearances has Bellamy made since he joined West Ham?

I know he played quite regularly in his season at Blackburn (and scored a lot), but since leaving he was rotated a fair bit at Liverpool, and since joining West Ham, he doesn't seem to have played much due to Injury.

While it would be interesting to get him back for a reasonable fee, would it be worth it if he's injured/gonna be injured more than when he was here first time around, and on big wages?

Sorry if its been mentioned earlier, but out of interest, how many appearances has Bellamy made since he joined West Ham?

I know he played quite regularly in his season at Blackburn (and scored a lot), but since leaving he was rotated a fair bit at Liverpool, and since joining West Ham, he doesn't seem to have played much due to Injury.

While it would be interesting to get him back for a reasonable fee, would it be worth it if he's injured/gonna be injured more than when he was here first time around, and on big wages?

No.

Ten altogether. Nine of them last season.

Or 10 starts this season (9 full games, subbed once on 87 minutes) with 2 sup appearances, and 8 starts last season with 1 sub appearance, he only completed 4 games though.

18 starts and 3 sub appearances, but only 13 games completed.

Still not exactly great like, but at least factual.

Ten altogether. Nine of them last season.

Or 10 starts this season (9 full games, subbed once on 87 minutes) with 2 sup appearances, and 8 starts last season with 1 sub appearance, he only completed 4 games though.

18 starts and 3 sub appearances, but only 13 games completed.

Still not exactly great like, but at least factual.

I'll sue wikipedia immediately.

Just start using ESPN Soccernet "Gamelogs" to get your stats.

That goes for everybody really, Google "player name soccernet" and you're generally sorted. It's a fantastic tool.

Wikipedia is usually gash.

Loved bellamy when he was here, and selling him was without a doubt one of the biggest contributing factors towards the club's recent demise, however his fitness record renders him far too big a gamble. So in short; no, I wouldn't have him back unless it was basically for nothing.

So, ten starts this season and one goal scored.

Sounds like the kind of form we're begging for.

There we go. With those stats by your side you can now start forming effective and factual arguments to backup your opinions.

In this instance it's worked a treat.

Loved bellamy when he was here, and selling him was without a doubt one of the biggest contributing factors towards the club's recent demise, however his fitness record renders him far too big a gamble. So in short; no, I wouldn't have him back unless it was basically for nothing.

In saying that, the club is in such a perpetual state of decline at the moment that perhaps rolling a few hard sixes might not be such a terrible idea.