Fantastic news!

Dave

A new fucking contract for Nicky fucking Butt.  Jesus bawled his eyes out in hysteria.  The club is run by absolute fucking moneys, you can only shake your head in amazement.  The same personnel, the same abysmal results, the same hopeless solution of sacking the joker in charge but inexplicably retaining the same wasters like Butt.  The bastard should be a player-coach at Oldham, not pretending to still be a Premiership footballer.  Do you see anyone else in this league - even down in the bottom three - mucking about like this in the most important position on the pitch?  You might as well flush the money down the toilet.  The way this club is run isn't just asking for relegation, it is begging for it. 

A new fucking contract for Nicky fucking Butt.  Jesus bawled his eyes out in hysteria.  The club is run by absolute fucking moneys, you can only shake your head in amazement.  The same personnel, the same abysmal results, the same hopeless solution of sacking the joker in charge but inexplicably retaining the same wasters like Butt.  The bastard should be a player-coach at Oldham, not pretending to still be a Premiership footballer.  Do you see anyone else in this league - even down in the bottom three - mucking about like this in the most important position on the pitch?  You might as well flush the money down the toilet.  The way this club is run isn't just asking for relegation, it is begging for it. 

All that and you didn't even mention our Shola...

I'd rather have Butt in our squad than just chuck him without any sort of straight replacement.

Who is to say we cant replace him in January or the summer? Its worth the risk, rather than have him here for another 2 years or so

Can't we bring someone else in and keep Butt for squad depth?

That would be fine if he was a squad player but for the last decade or so he's been here he's an automatic first choice, and I can't see that changing because Kinnear is the manager now. Incidentally, Butt was allegedly brought in by Shepherd over SBR's head, before he arrived we had one of the most dynamic young midfields in the Premier. We've hardly pulled up any trees since then. 

:clap:

well said man, exactly how I feel

Guest Howaythetoon

Of course the sensible thing to do here is to peddle Butt who at his age will pick up more and more injuries and isn't exactly a positive influence for us and Shola who is well, Shola, and with the wages saved, give it to Owen on top of what they were already going to give him. You know it makes sense.

offering contracts to butt,shola,owen,harper....all have salebale value

not offering contracts to edgar,cacapa etc......who no-one would want to buy (you'd only get edgars signing on fee as his transfer fee)

makes sense to me as i don't think many will take up the offer as the contracts wont have much of an improvment in them.

not offering contracts to edgar,cacapa etc......who no-one would want to buy (you'd only get edgars signing on fee as his transfer fee)

makes sense to me as i don't think many will take up the offer as the contracts wont have much of an improvment in them.

Good, rightly they shouldn't. Butt has done fuck all to warrant an improved contract.

Good, rightly they shouldn't. Butt has done f*** all to warrant an improved contract.

done more than guthrie this season imo and with a thin squad maybe it makes sense to try and keep those with a saleable value.

The genius recruitment team can't find better midfielders than a 35 year old nicky butt? I'm so glad to have them at our club.

Man Utd have just given van der Sar a new contract...obviously their scouting team can't find a better first-choice 'keeper.

I don't know why Manchester United feel the need to keep going on with Van Der Sar. He's been a liability this season and last.

But yeah your original point about keeping older reliable players is something I agree with.

Guest Heneage

Why offer these ddeals they can't go  anywhere till July.

c-cos they can agree deals to move (pre-contract) in j-january.

Excluding Owen, so ? Harper while a good keeper is backup I can't see him getting better offers. Butts past it and waiting to play alongside Gary Speed ,Shola the same.

The genius recruitment team can't find better midfielders than a 35 year old nicky butt? I'm so glad to have them at our club.

Man Utd have just given van der Sar a new contract...obviously their scouting team can't find a better first-choice 'keeper.

I don't know why Manchester United feel the need to keep going on with Van Der Sar. He's been a liability this season and last.

But yeah your original point about keeping older reliable players is something I agree with.

That's not my point at all. I want to get rid of Butt.

My point was it's not just us and our management/scouts/etc, who give silly contracts to sh*t, over-the-hill players.

Ok. ???