The future with Shepherd

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too early to judge Ashley. There's been a lot of turmoil - some of it of his making, some of it not. I'd like to see him stay longer.

Freddie turned out to be a bungler. The longer he stayed, the more it became a one man band, and the further downward we slipped. Ashley I think will learn from his mistakes. Freddie never did. The worse things got, the more he thought he was the only man who could save us.

Too early to judge Ashley. There's been a lot of turmoil - some of it of his making, some of it not. I'd like to see him stay longer.

Freddie turned out to be a bungler. The longer he stayed, the more it became a one man band, and the further downward we slipped. Ashley I think will learn from his mistakes. Freddie never did. The worse things got, the more he thought he was the only man who could save us.

That is, assuming that the fucker ever comes out of his self-imposed "exile" and starts communicating with the fans again.

As it is I'm not even sure if there's anyone running our football club that gives a shit anymore. For all we know Ashley has still washed his hands of us and desperately wants to sell.

How so?

How so?

Well, he's been in charge about 18 months, which isn't long. It was a messy takeover from a Chairman who didn't want to go. One manager had just been sacked, with the team in decline. A new manager had been appointed by the previous regime and he struggled. There was a lot to be sorted out.

The big mistake that was his doing was the appointment of Keegan, whose motivation for the job was always a bit fragile, and who wasn't suited to the team structure that Ashley wanted to impose. Obviously we've yet to recover from that.

What I like about Ashley is 1) he put a large amount of his own money into the club and 2) he was prepared to put in place a long-term plan. We've spent the last few years stumbling between a series of short-term fixes. So I'd like him to have a longer opportunity.

Well, he's been in charge about 18 months, which isn't long. It was a messy takeover from a Chairman who didn't want to go. One manager had just been sacked, with the team in decline. A new manager had been appointed by the previous regime and he struggled. There was a lot to be sorted out.

The big mistake that was his doing was the appointment of Keegan, whose motivation for the job was always a bit fragile, and who wasn't suited to the team structure that Ashley wanted to impose. Obviously we've yet to recover from that.

What I like about Ashley is 1) he put a large amount of his own money into the club and 2) he was prepared to put in place a long-term plan. We've spent the last few years stumbling between a series of short-term fixes. So I'd like him to have a longer opportunity.

Appointing Keegan wasn't the problem, appointing this http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2649/llambias1tj3.jpg was and still is the problem.

Appointing Keegan wasn't the problem, appointing this http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2649/llambias1tj3.jpg was and still is the problem.

Agreed. For all his faults, as in his lack of footballing knowledge, I can't help but look back fondly at Chris Mort.

Agreed. For all his faults, as in his lack of footballing knowledge, I can't help but look back fondly at Chris Mort.

He was running the club when we bid for Woodgate, Modric and Coloccini.

He wasn't when we bought Coloccini I don't think.

He wasn't when we bought Coloccini I don't think.

The bid was in for months before he came and it was reported when he signed.

Edit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/15/newcastleunited.premierleague

"I have known about Newcastle's interest for a while and I wanted to sign because it is a club I know all about from my time watching English football in Spain and Argentina."

How so?

too early to judge sounds familiar

we haver to wait until ashley has appointed his own man, that;s the time to judge.

we have to wait until the summer transfer window has shut, that's the time to judge.

what next? we have to wait until he;s appointed his second manager? sold the club? got us relegated?

all along there has been a desperate attempt to block anyone judging ashley, basically because he;s done nothing for us and any attempt to do so will reveal just how poor he has been. it seems its better to speculate about the future rather than deal with facts that have happened.

all along there has been a desperate attempt to block anyone judging ashley, basically because he;s done nothing for us and any attempt to do so will reveal just how poor he has been. it seems its better to speculate about the future rather than deal with facts that have happened.

For fuck's sake...

You really felt worse under those two than now? Honestly?

Yes, we had players fighting on the pitch and getting sent off, a player calling the manager a liar on National TV while plumetting down the league.  I don't think I've watched a match yet and felt as bad as I did the day Birmingham pissed all over us at home in the cup.

the more you spout, the more convinced I am that you are one of the 15-20000 so called supporters who were attracted back to the club by the board you now slate

For fuck's sake...

it's true.

but we didn't get any of them  mackems.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe i'll just say "for fuck's sake..." every time i disagree with something, seems like the mature thing to do.

The first one was aimed at you for your "done nothing" statement. He's messed up on almost all counts but I wasn't aware that he hasn't put any money at all into the club, and helped to bring Keegan back in the first place etc. Or maybe he has actually done stuff?!

The second one wasn't so much me disagreeing as me exclaiming my irritation at NE5 having yet another dig in yet another thread at Mick. I'd have thought that was extremely obvious.

Jesus wept man. You have officially lost it.

We bid for Woodgate & Huth under Roeder & Shepherd and didn't get them, ending up instead with Onyewu on loan 4 months later, and for Modric, see Rooney. ;)

We bid for Woodgate & Huth under Roeder & Shepherd and didn't get them, ending up instead with Onyewu on loan 4 months later, and for Modric, see Rooney. ;)

and Zat Knight

I don't know, this is just conjecture, but bearing in mind what we hear about the financial mismanagement of the club and transfer dealings under the Shepherd reign, you can't help wondering whether the credit crunch would have fucked us over BIG time had it not been for Ashley buying the club when he did and taking it back into private ownership...