The future with Shepherd

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Agreed. For all his faults, as in his lack of footballing knowledge, I can't help but look back fondly at Chris Mort.

He was running the club when we bid for Woodgate, Modric and Coloccini.

but we didn't get any of them  mackems.gif

:lol:

Too early to judge Ashley. There's been a lot of turmoil - some of it of his making, some of it not. I'd like to see him stay longer.

Freddie turned out to be a bungler. The longer he stayed, the more it became a one man band, and the further downward we slipped. Ashley I think will learn from his mistakes. Freddie never did. The worse things got, the more he thought he was the only man who could save us.

load of bolocks.

Ashley came into the club, and thought he would male a quick financial killing for mimimum outlay, capitilise on the megabucks that is now coming into the game, and looking at NUFC's income [created by the Halls and Shepherd] thought it would all be dead easy.

He can't come to terms with the fact that communcation with fans is important, and he was one of those idiots [and some people on here actually agee with this] that think that setting up a "business plan" will suceed in football.

YOu couldn't be more  stupid if you tried.

I don't know, this is just conjecture, but bearing in mind what we hear about the financial mismanagement of the club and transfer dealings under the Shepherd reign, you can't help wondering whether the credit crunch would have fucked us over BIG time had it not been for Ashley buying the club when he did and taking it back into private ownership...

An interesting point of view and not a nice one to think about. None of us can say either way though!

maybe i'll just say "for fuck's sake..." every time i disagree with something, seems like the mature thing to do.

The first one was aimed at you for your "done nothing" statement. He's messed up on almost all counts but I wasn't aware that he hasn't put any money at all into the club, and brought Keegan back in the first place etc. Or maybe he has actually done stuff?!

The second one wasn't so much me disagreeing as me exclaiming my irritation at NE5 having yet another dig in yet another thread at Mick. I'd have thought that was extremely obvious.

he hasnt cleared the debt. what he's done is pay the remaining stadium loan, around £50m+ which was a condition of the club changing ownership and is therefore an unavoidable part of the cost of purchasing the club. of the remaining debt it is anyones guess at how much he has cleared, (my guess is very little) though since NONE of the money saved on interest and repayments (around £4-5m a year) has been reinvested in the team, it stands that he has done nothing for us. as SSR said at the time, paying off the debt (which was a lie and actually translated into decreasing the debt) only benefits us fans if the money saved is plouged back into the team. as it wasnt the only person it helps is mike ashley himself avoiding future interest and making the club a more saleable asset.

as for keegan, that turned out horribly because he wouldnt commit to, or back, a good manager. for me that is as bad as not bringing him in at all.

Agreed. For all his faults, as in his lack of footballing knowledge, I can't help but look back fondly at Chris Mort.

Scuse me Dave, but are you saying we did sign them [but we signed Woodgate under the Halls and Shepherd] ? Or are you agreeing with the morons like mick who are making excuses for not signign them and refusing for all they are worth that the successors to the Halls and Shepherd haven;t proved to be the fairly godmothers and automatically better than the shit people they took over from ?

You know what ? You send me snotty pm's and delete posts I make, and say its because they are shite, but the real reason is because you just don't agree, and in spite of the fact I put facts to support what I say you can't do similar so blame me or anybody else rather than yourself instead of making constructive and knowledgeable posts in response.

So you just delete the post.

:clap:

What future with Shepherd? He's trying to buy some two dime club in Spain at the moment. Why can't he put together a consortium of Geordie businessmen to buy the club he loves rather than some spick club on Costa del Sunshine?

We bid for Woodgate & Huth under Roeder & Shepherd and didn't get them, ending up instead with Onyewu on loan 4 months later, and for Modric, see Rooney. ;)

and Zat Knight

Thought he'd ignore this btw.

Jesus wept man. You have officially lost it.

I've lost nothing, I missed Colocinni, but does it matter when we are now struggling to stay in the premiership due to the mismanagment and lack of ambition shown by the owner ?

I think that people like you who continue to make excuses for the present regime, have lost it Big Style.

How often does a club make bids for someone if money isnt available? Fuck the illuminati - this is where the conspiracy is at.

I can imagine old morty having a word with Modric about this. "We're not interested in you we're just doing this so thick fans think we are looking to spend money. ;) ;) ,  keep that hush will ya, son."

Evil geniuses.

We bid for Woodgate & Huth under Roeder & Shepherd and didn't get them, ending up instead with Onyewu on loan 4 months later, and for Modric, see Rooney. ;)

and Zat Knight

but we signed enough good players to qualify for europe more than everybody else bar 4 teams ?

I think that people like you who continue to make excuses for the present regime, have lost it Big Style.

No I don't. I don't think Mike Ashley et al are evil men who came here purely to make a profit, is all. Whether the original ideas were fair or not - for the absolute most part they've messed up and I've never pretended otherwise.

and Zat Knight

but we signed enough good players to qualify for europe more than everybody else bar 4 teams ?

Yes we all know that, but since the rot really set in around 2006, when league finishes were suffering and European qualification wasn't as regular, that was beginning to happen to us.

OK.  :lol:

Scuse me Dave, but are you saying we did sign them [but we signed Woodgate under the Halls and Shepherd] ? Or are you agreeing with the morons like mick who are making excuses for not signign them and refusing for all they are worth that the successors to the Halls and Shepherd haven;t proved to be the fairly godmothers and automatically better than the s*** people they took over from ?

You know what ? You send me snotty pm's and delete posts I make, and say its because they are s****, but the real reason is because you just don't agree, and in spite of the fact I put facts to support what I say you can't do similar so blame me or anybody else rather than yourself instead of making constructive and knowledgeable posts in response.

Class.  bluelaugh.gif

No I don't. I don't think Mike Ashley et al are evil men who came here purely to make a profit, is all. Whether the original ideas were fair or not - for the absolute most part they've messed up and I've never pretended otherwise.

you are doing a Mandiarse. You are missing some of the post , which is debatable.

Were you quick to defend the Halls and Shepherd for saving the club for going bust, and leaving it as one of the biggest clubs in thec country and qualifiying for europe more than everybode aese but 4

Scuse me Dave, but are you saying we did sign them [but we signed Woodgate under the Halls and Shepherd] ? Or are you agreeing with the morons like mick who are making excuses for not signign them and refusing for all they are worth that the successors to the Halls and Shepherd haven;t proved to be the fairly godmothers and automatically better than the s*** people they took over from ?

You know what ? You send me snotty pm's and delete posts I make, and say its because they are s****, but the real reason is because you just don't agree, and in spite of the fact I put facts to support what I say you can't do similar so blame me or anybody else rather than yourself instead of making constructive and knowledgeable posts in response.

Class.   bluelaugh.gif

That is brilliant. :lol:

It's easy to sign him when he's playing in a struggling team and we're flying high...but not so easy when we were struggling in mid-table. I mean, he chose Southgate & Boro over us ffs.

OK.  :lol:

I've said I missed Coloccini. but I'm pleased you are so dumb you think there is something to defend about the very real possibility of going back to where the Halls and Shepherd found us, as soon as they are out the door.

I presume by your actions ie quoting that post which I admit was in haste, that you are admitting the new owners would not make the same mistake by signing top quality footballers  mackems.gif

I've said I missed Coloccini. but I'm pleased you are so dumb you think there is something to defend about the very real possibility of going back to where the Halls and Shepherd found us, as soon as they are out the door.

I presume by your actions ie quoting that post which I admit was in haste, that you are admitting the new owners would not make the same mistake by signing top quality footballers  mackems.gif

You wouldn't have missed Coloccini if you'd read the post before the blue mist descended.  You were straight in replying and you didn’t even know what you were quoting.  :lol:

Shepherd never spent any of his own money. Is there a reason that people feel that Ashley should feel compelled to spend his own money on transfers etc.?

it's a good point indeed, but i'm not sure many people do think that do they?  most people i'd hope, like me, see all the money the club has raked in since MA bought it through TV money, ST sales, merchandise etc.... and feel that some of that should have been put into the playing side

even if he had to underwrite some of it himself and claw it back over say five years or something, fucking hell man it's not like he bought a barbie doll play house is it?  he bought a football club that needs investment, can see why the likes of NE5 think he's tried to make money from the start, i just think he got caught out by jumping in too quick, which he admitted in an interview as far as i recall

as for the debt and FS etc....i alluded to this earlier on, he could feasibly have continued to pile it up ad infinitum and never lost a penny himself directly except for potentially on the value of his stock, then walked away as he did with zero accountability

comparing FS & MA is like comparing apples and oranges

Shepherd never spent any of his own money. Is there a reason that people feel that Ashley should feel compelled to spend his own money on transfers etc.?

Shepherd was a chairman of a PLC, Mike Ashley owns the club 100%. Huge difference.

Guest Howaythetoon

I believe had Fat Fred stayed on, we'd have consolidated as a club with Big Sam slowly but surely turning us around during the term of his contract. To which degree I don't know, certainly not top 4 material but top 8 perhaps.

Seriously, you change your tune more than an I-Pod.

I thought and posted pretty much the same thing when he was appointed you dullard.

And then when Allardyce went, your opinion changed on him, and when Keegan went, you're opinion changed on Ashley.

No it fucking didn't, I still personally believe Sam Allardyce is a good manager and would have eventually done a good job here. 21 games in charge goes down as a massive low point in our history. Of course I've changed my mind on Ashley, along with thousands of others, thats what happens when people fuck up to the extent he has - you go from hero to zero. Same happened to Fat Fred. I could of course flip the coin and say you've changed your mind about KK... by the way it isn't a crime to change one's mind about something, except on here where some complete cunt will trawl through thousands of posts to pull you up on something you said 5 years ago or something it seems!