Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Pre-match thread

Dave

Guest kingdawson

better news is that gilberto will be sold.

Didn't see the game tonight, just seen the goals. What was the performance like? The defence was awful on paper and even worse for their second...

First half we were shite. Nice passing here and there but we didnt look dangerous at all. Spatak on the other hand didnt do too much but looked very dangerous when they attacked. Both their goals were down to individual errors though.

2nd half was a different story. From the 60 th minute onwards, we dismantled them and should have won the game. Modric was class, o'hara was very good, and bale was also quite good. Lennon changed the game when he came on (much like he's been doing this whole eason for us)/

better news is that gilberto will be sold.

Didn't see the game tonight, just seen the goals. What was the performance like? The defence was awful on paper and even worse for their second...

First half we were shite. Nice passing here and there but we didnt look dangerous at all. Spatak on the other hand didnt do too much but looked very dangerous when they attacked. Both their goals were down to individual errors though.

2nd half was a different story. From the 60 th minute onwards, we dismantled them and should have won the game. Modric was class, o'hara was very good, and bale was also quite good. Lennon changed the game when he came on (much like he's been doing this whole eason for us)/

Can't believe Bale still hasn't won a game with you :lol:

[/jinx]

p.s. cheers for the review. Having watched him this season I really hope Lennon is out.

Kinnear on Oba:

"We are monitoring it, but it is touch and go," he said.

"We are going to leave it as late as possible.

"He will have a fitness test on Saturday morning, but it's not looking too good at the moment.

"He got injured just before he scored, and that was why he didn't do his normal somersaults.

"He would be a big loss to us because we certainly need his pace. He has caused numerous problems to all the opposition we have played.

"But it is just wait and see, really."

Guest Darth Toon

I'm actually quite glad Oba has at least a chance of making it - when he went off feeling his groin I initially thought it could be a good few weeks out.

Worst case scenario now he should be back for Boxing Day at least.

Unfortunately he's never right. This week he got something like 3 results and 1 score, you'd be better off flipping a coin.

In fairness, there have been many surprise results this season.  Most teams have been inconsistent, hence there only being a 3 point difference between a relegation spot and top half of the table.

Regardless, Lawro is a cunt.  Every time I see him on TV or hear him talk on Pro Evo commentary I can't help but mutter "fuck off Lawrenson".

Kinnear on Oba:

"He will have a fitness test on Saturday morning, but it's not looking too good at the moment.

"He got injured just before he scored, and that was why he didn't do his normal somersaults.

"He would be a big loss to us because we certainly need his pace. He has caused numerous problems to all the opposition we have played.

The highlighted bit is good to see, at least he seems to recognise where we offer a threat rather than just trying to hit a big man.

Kinnear on Oba:

The highlighted bit is good to see, at least he seems to recognise where we offer a threat rather than just trying to hit a big man.

I thought that too when I read it. :thup: