Milner for England

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

He should have asked for that the year before then.  It just rangles me that the f***er signed a contract (with a rise included no doubt), played s*** for a year and then said "I want another new contract with more money or I'm off" only one year into it.

Total conjecture. If say for example you got a contract, and then a year later other players get more wouldn't you think you're entitled to the same? Especially if other teams have offered to match it.

Which part is conjecture?  Also no I wouldn't think I was entitled to more only one year after signing a new contract just because someone else got a new one.  I'd think that I was entitled to a new contract if I played well enough to deserve a new one or was at the end of my current contract.

• 6 months later...

£12 million  :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

What's so funny?

At the time £12m for Milner was good business, if you can't see that you're pretty much an idiot.

Even now his realistic value is much closer to £12m than £27m, but it's all the same to Man City.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

£12m was great business, at the time.

Oh yeah, I remember the fantastic player we got for that money. Its sad that Wise & co didnt see his potential.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Any player whose best attribute is their work rate isn't worth even half of £27m.

You dont know how many goals and assist he got last season, do you?

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

What we did with the money is completely irrelevant within this discussion. £12m was great business.

So if we sell Jonas for £8-12 million and don`t get a replacement this season, its great business?

What we did with the money is completely irrelevant within this discussion. £12m was great business.

So if we sell Jonas for £8-12 million and don`t get a replacement this season, its great business?

Selling Jonas for £8-12m would be incredible business. :lol:

:lol:

Just have to hope Maradona gets a club job. :lol:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

For Arsley yes

Ironic thing is you could argue that Jonas was signed originally to replace Milner since at the time we still had Duff & N'Zogbia.

Guest BooBoo

Milner is the typical English midfielder. All graft, terrific shot and not an ounce of guile to his game.

Villa should be laughing all the way to the bank.