Milner for England

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

He's playing in a winning team with loads of pace and movement around him and threats up front like Carew ect.  I could get assists playing for Villa at the moment.

I always said Villa suit Milner far more that we did. They have big powerful forwards to hit so aimless high crosses from deep can be more effective. With our small pacy forwards we need fast precise delivery like Jonas has provided for his two assists for Owen. It's a move which suited all parties, especially us as we got far more than he was worth.

He might get in the squad but he'll only ever get a game if there's a spate of injuries to people above him in the pecking order.

Walcott,

SWP,

Bentley,

Lennon?

then Milner.  ???

Possibly even Beckham, if the FA need to shift a few more tickets for a low-profile game.

From Wiki:

Milner is regarded as being a quick footballer. As a result, his main role on the team is as a wide midfielder who creates scoring opportunities, as well as taking the ball past defenders. He could be deemed a traditional English winger, similar to greats such as Sir Stanley Matthews. While Milner does not score many goals, he does have a good record at providing assists.  Nolberto Solano, a former teammate, said that because of his speed, Milner would "become an important team player".  After his move to Newcastle he began playing more as a winger.  He has since been described as "comfortable on either wing".

Milner has the ability to pass accurately and shoot from a great distance from goal.  As a result, he usually goes forward for set pieces and is often a candidate to take corners and free kicks.  Critical opinion is divided as to Milner's crossing ability. While some commentators have been critical of his ability in this area, other journalists have said that Milner can produce accurate crosses

Milner is described on the Newcastle United official website as "a good reader of the game". One quality that is praised by commentators is Milner's awareness of players around him. This awareness allows him to pass the ball from a range of positions to team mates making forward runs, as well as giving him the confidence to take on defenders. His awareness and willingness to pass have been called mature for a player of his age.

WTF? :lol:

i think wiki telling the truth...

From Wiki:

Milner is regarded as being a quick footballer. As a result, his main role on the team is as a wide midfielder who creates scoring opportunities, as well as taking the ball past defenders. He could be deemed a traditional English winger, similar to greats such as Sir Stanley Matthews. While Milner does not score many goals, he does have a good record at providing assists.  Nolberto Solano, a former teammate, said that because of his speed, Milner would "become an important team player".  After his move to Newcastle he began playing more as a winger.  He has since been described as "comfortable on either wing".

Milner has the ability to pass accurately and shoot from a great distance from goal.  As a result, he usually goes forward for set pieces and is often a candidate to take corners and free kicks.  Critical opinion is divided as to Milner's crossing ability. While some commentators have been critical of his ability in this area, other journalists have said that Milner can produce accurate crosses

Milner is described on the Newcastle United official website as "a good reader of the game". One quality that is praised by commentators is Milner's awareness of players around him. This awareness allows him to pass the ball from a range of positions to team mates making forward runs, as well as giving him the confidence to take on defenders. His awareness and willingness to pass have been called mature for a player of his age.

You're joking yes? :lol:

From Wiki:

You're joking yes? :lol:

probably... ive just thinking once again.... i think we are to quick to flog him out... (or better we flog him out cause clearly we cant make him reach his potential)

i just dont agree to this constant bash towards milner...

i know he's been below decent on majority for us.. but hey he gives 12 million for us...

i think it's time we let him go and wish him luck... maybe in the future he'll be player like wiki said.

• 11 months later...

Capello: " Another player I like is Milner, he is young. The future looks good."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_4649832,00.html

Wait until he realises he can't cross and has no pace.

3 Goals and 7 assist so far this season. Not bad for a player who can`t cross, has no pace and can`t shoot,

***CRINGE***

Did you bookmark this?

:lol: In true Baggio fashion.

^^^ and has been our best player this season.

He's looked super in central midfield the last couple of games. Watch his pass for Dunne's goal and his lob for his own goal on MOTD tonight.

Most of us on here at the time actually said we would have liked to have seen him play in the middle of the park due to his engine/work ethic, as he wasn't performing for us out wide at all.

Capello: " Another player I like is Milner, he is young. The future looks good."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_4649832,00.html

Wait until he realises he can't cross and has no pace.

3 Goals and 7 assist so far this season. Not bad for a player who can`t cross, has no pace and can`t shoot,

***CRINGE***

Did you bookmark this?

:lol: In true Baggio fashion.

:thup:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

He only had to wait a few more days & the reply would have been 1 year in the making.

One more year and he plays regular for England.

^^^ and has been our best player this season.

He's looked super in central midfield the last couple of games. Watch his pass for Dunne's goal and his lob for his own goal on MOTD tonight.

Most of us on here at the time actually said we would have liked to have seen him play in the middle of the park due to his engine/work ethic, as he wasn't performing for us out wide at all.

Like I said in the other thread, Milner is performing well, so is Duff and they were two wide players who got slated on here for their efforts, which leads to the question: "why didn't they do it for us?"

My view is shit management. Inability to put together players to use them to their best effect basically. How many of our managers thought to play Milner down the middle despite the fact fans like yourself could see the potential? It's not like we've been over-loaded with gifted central midfielders in recent years.