The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Why would anyone be jealous of Spurs? this is the first time they've been at the top even at this stage in my lifetime, there's enough successful clubs to be jealous of.

I'd be pretty happy to see them challenge for the title with anyone but media darling 'arry in charge. Now just dread all the sycophantic drivel about him. The team is good though, nothing complex just lightning speed and direct, controlled by Modric in the middle. Still not a great fan of Redknapp even looking beyond his tapping up etc he isn't a great tactician, just seems to have a pretty great batch of players at the moment, and a simple but effective plan. Having said that if he does win the title have to give him his due.

I'm sure one of the Spurs lads can fill in the details, but I'm hugely impressed by how Levy is running the club. Consistently getting excellent prices for departing players I assume means Spurs are in a position to splash out where necessary. They've certainly had plenty of money to invest and move forward but a lot of it - or at least that's the impression I'm given - is down to how well the club is run, not that Levy himself has a massive fortune to pump into the club.

Funny enough, there's a fair few fans who would like ENIC to sell up, I'm not one. 

Levy has kept a tight rein on the finances which has at times been frustrating, but Levy won't pay what he perceives to be over the odds and would rather keep a player than sell him on the cheap.  He can't get it right every time, no one does that, but the fans know that if the right players become available at the right price, the money is there, in spite of having bought up half the property in Tottenham over the past few years in readiness for building a new stadium.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Levy likes a bevvie.

Concerning rumour about a chairmans alcoholism or convenient rhyme? Only the true ITK can decipher it.

I'm sure one of the Spurs lads can fill in the details, but I'm hugely impressed by how Levy is running the club. Consistently getting excellent prices for departing players I assume means Spurs are in a position to splash out where necessary. They've certainly had plenty of money to invest and move forward but a lot of it - or at least that's the impression I'm given - is down to how well the club is run, not that Levy himself has a massive fortune to pump into the club.

Funny enough, there's a fair few fans who would like ENIC to sell up, I'm not one. 

Levy has kept a tight rein on the finances which has at times been frustrating, but Levy won't pay what he perceives to be over the odds and would rather keep a player than sell him on the cheap.  He can't get it right every time, no one does that, but the fans know that if the right players become available at the right price, the money is there, in spite of having bought up half the property in Tottenham over the past few years in readiness for building a new stadium.

MJ, what happened to that transfer that was unconfirmed but on twitter? Was twitter right?

Neither Manchester side are that good.

Aye, City are only on course to finish with over 90 points. :lol:

Also comfortably out the CL in the group stages.

Comfortably out? They finished 10 points ahead of 4th and a point behind 2nd. :lol:

Stop telling fibs.

Neither Manchester side are that good.

Aye, City are only on course to finish with over 90 points. :lol:

Also comfortably out the CL in the group stages.

Comfortably out? They finished 10 points ahead of 4th and a point behind 2nd. :lol:

Stop telling fibs.

They were effectively out before getting to the last group game. That's pretty comfortable.

Typical Spurs.

Which is why they AREN'T title contenders.

Depends how strictly you want to define the term. Will they win it this season? No. But they're not going to be a million points away. They're essentially as close as you can come to without being serious contenders. There are only 2 teams who can win it this year, but Spurs are staking a very credible claim to the 3rd position. They're both firmly ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal as it stands (could easily see both Spurs and Arsenal in the top 4 this year).

They were a goal against Napoli away from going through, man. Don't talk such rubbish.

They were delaying the inevitable the whole way through. Lucky last minute goal at home to Villarreal, even the last group game win was a against a Bayern reserve side.

At no point did they look at home in the CL.

Would love spurs to pip the Manchester clubs to the title.

don't think they've quite got enough to do it this season, but if they hang on to Bale, Modric and a couple of other key players (or replace Adebayor with someone just as good or better) and probably upgrade Lennon they could do it.

unfortunately this year is probably their best chance as Man Utd's young players will be a year more experienced next season and Man City will inevitably go out and replace their couple of weak positions with superior players. So with that in mind they should be looking for someone who can create out of nothing this Jan to match the likes of Nani, Rooney, Aguero and Silva.

They were a goal against Napoli away from going through, man. Don't talk such rubbish.

They were delaying the inevitable the whole way through. Lucky last minute goal at home to Villarreal, even the last group game win was a against a Bayern reserve side.

At no point did they look at home in the CL.

Correct.  :thup: