The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Guest Roger Kint

Six effin million for Dempsey.... How did we not get in on that.

How sweet would he look next to HBA with Cabaye and Tiote chilling out behind them...

Feckin spurs...  :rant:

We wouldnt sign him in a million years so no point in asking how we didnt :lol:

How Journalism Works

WOW Spurs fans and club finding out what a a pack of know-nothing ars*holes the press are ?

They've obviously got bored trying to keep poking at Pardew hoping for a reaction and scandal, or upsetting players.

:lol: Just wanted to get it off my chest.

Have a read what I posted last night in the Other Games Today thread.

AVB will do a good job with this Spurs side, ridiculous that people were talking about him being under pressure after a couple of games in charge.

The press have got it in for him though, even more so since he replaced Redknapp.

You're both spot on.

I've always rated him and stuck my neck out and said that. Unreal how the press seem to have it in for him like, he's a class manager and I'd love it if he was our manager.

I think Sandro is much better than Parker. He's also more suited to AVB's style due to him being far more comfortable in possession than Parker.

Actually I can't wait for the inevitable media attack on him for when he doesn't pick Parker.

There'll be a double paged spread in The Sun one day with Parker explaining his hell under AVB and he can't understand why he doesn't rate him despite giving his all in training and having captained them under the previous manager.

They will then say that he doesn't like the older English player as he doesn't believe they are good enough technically (which is right), then say he's a poor man manager and talk about Chelsea again.

A prime example is the shit stirring over the Lloris/Friedel situation. It's blatantly obvious that Lloris will be first choice soon enough, yet Friedel doesn't deserve to be dropped and he's kept him in which is good man-management. Yet all the press are interested in doing is trying to unsettle Lloris and to once again attack AVB.

How Journalism Works

AVB made a journalist look a bit of a fool at a press conference on Thursday. The initial question asked was "“Andre, do you understand Hugo Lloris’ frustration about the situation, because you did pay a lot of money for him?" This was followed by:

AVB: “What is the frustration?”

Journalist: “Well, the frustration at not being in the team.”

AVB: “How do you know?”

Journalist: “Well, he didn’t play last night, did he?”

AVB: “How do you know he’s frustrated?”

Journalist: “No, I’m asking you, do you find him frustrated?”

and it continued in a similar vein (http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/09/tottenham-manager-andre-villas-boas-hilarious-response-to-hugo-lloris-frustration-question/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+(Off+The+Post)).

Then this morning's Sun carried the following piece:

UNHAPPY Tottenham stars held showdown talks with Andre Villas-Boas over his training and tactics.

MUTINY ... Villas-Boas has unhappy players at Spurs

Spurs in turmoil

'Tired' stars slam AVB

Exclusive

By PAUL JIGGINS (source: The Sun)

Boss AVB also had a bust-up with technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, who is allegedly angry at being frozen out.

Players complained that AVB’s gruelling double training sessions — sometimes staged just 24 hours before a match — left them too tired to perform in Premier League matches this season.

And Spurs stars have also hit out at their manager’s negative style of football, telling him they would prefer to play a more attacking system. AVB has scrapped the double training sessions after listening to his squad.

Spurs, away at Manchester United tonight, are eighth in the table and unbeaten since losing at Newcastle in their opening game.

But AVB is said to have been left reeling by the mutiny, which reportedly follows bust-ups with some of the club’s old guard behind the scenes.

The Portuguese boss, who took over in July, ruthlessly axed chief scout Ian Broomfield earlier this month. AVB’s row with Sherwood has also caused concern. The former midfielder was looking to be more involved with the first team this season.

But AVB said this week: “I think the chairman sees Tim working with the development squad.”

Sherwood may quit if his old club Blackburn offer him the chance to replace Steve Kean, who quit last night.

The situation has echoes of the way AVB infuriated the Chelsea squad last season before he was sacked.

Villas-Boas was fined £12,000 for criticising referee Chris Foy last season — and the same man takes charge today. Asked whether United boss Alex Ferguson has an influence over refs, the Spurs boss said: “It’s an interesting question but I paid a very high fine last time and I don’t want to do that again.”

Any relevant quotes from the players? No. Any "insider" quoted? No. Who's the writer? Paul Jiggins. Guess who the journalist at the press conference was?

And the icing on the cake:

Paul Jiggins @jggns

Im optimistic Arsenal can have a good season. Lets get it started today with a couple of goals and a clean sheet.

I know we all know this by now, but I think it's nice to be reminded from time to time. They make it up, and they have agendas.

And while I'm at it, thank f*** we won today. Great in the first half and s**** in the second, but we got some of the breaks that we've missed in the past.

Awful.

Im not fan of AVB but it looks like he is being hounded by the media.

How Journalism Works

AVB made a journalist look a bit of a fool at a press conference on Thursday. The initial question asked was "“Andre, do you understand Hugo Lloris’ frustration about the situation, because you did pay a lot of money for him?" This was followed by:

and it continued in a similar vein (http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/09/tottenham-manager-andre-villas-boas-hilarious-response-to-hugo-lloris-frustration-question/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+(Off+The+Post)).

UNHAPPY Tottenham stars held showdown talks with Andre Villas-Boas over his training and tactics.

Spurs in turmoil

'Tired' stars slam AVB

Exclusive

Boss AVB also had a bust-up with technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, who is allegedly angry at being frozen out.

Players complained that AVB’s gruelling double training sessions — sometimes staged just 24 hours before a match — left them too tired to perform in Premier League matches this season.

And Spurs stars have also hit out at their manager’s negative style of football, telling him they would prefer to play a more attacking system. AVB has scrapped the double training sessions after listening to his squad.

Spurs, away at Manchester United tonight, are eighth in the table and unbeaten since losing at Newcastle in their opening game.

But AVB is said to have been left reeling by the mutiny, which reportedly follows bust-ups with some of the club’s old guard behind the scenes.

The Portuguese boss, who took over in July, ruthlessly axed chief scout Ian Broomfield earlier this month. AVB’s row with Sherwood has also caused concern. The former midfielder was looking to be more involved with the first team this season.

But AVB said this week: “I think the chairman sees Tim working with the development squad.”

Sherwood may quit if his old club Blackburn offer him the chance to replace Steve Kean, who quit last night.

The situation has echoes of the way AVB infuriated the Chelsea squad last season before he was sacked.

Villas-Boas was fined £12,000 for criticising referee Chris Foy last season — and the same man takes charge today. Asked whether United boss Alex Ferguson has an influence over refs, the Spurs boss said: “It’s an interesting question but I paid a very high fine last time and I don’t want to do that again.”

Any relevant quotes from the players? No. Any "insider" quoted? No. Who's the writer? Paul Jiggins. Guess who the journalist at the press conference was?

Paul Jiggins @jggns

Im optimistic Arsenal can have a good season. Lets get it started today with a couple of goals and a clean sheet.

I know we all know this by now, but I think it's nice to be reminded from time to time. They make it up, and they have agendas.

And while I'm at it, thank f*** we won today. Great in the first half and s**** in the second, but we got some of the breaks that we've missed in the past.

Awful.

All stems from having the temerity to drop media darling Lampard whilst at Chelsea.

How Journalism Works

Spurs in turmoil

'Tired' stars slam AVB

Exclusive

Paul Jiggins @jggns

Awful.

All stems from having the temerity to drop media darling Lampard whilst at Chelsea.

Aye, there was outrage amongst pundits and press.

How dare he try and build a new team without LAMPS

so basically the journalist tried to put words into AVBs mouth, failed and then denied it. they are actually total scum when they want to be

How Journalism Works

Spurs in turmoil

'Tired' stars slam AVB

Exclusive

Paul Jiggins @jggns

Players' tweets on the turmoil ............

@kyle28walker: Just landed back in London still buzzing from the win thought the gaffers tactics were stop on and all that in the paper is false #COYS

@spiderhair @mousadembele @jan_vertonghen @iamjermaindefoe no truth to the rumours. Just people trying to stir. Sad really.

Funny how everyone in the media hounded AVB for dropping Lampard but when Di Matteo did it at the weekend i don't remember a word uttered  :rolleyes:

I actually want to see him make a success of it just so the media can eat their words, how they behave is quite frankly disgusting.

Funny how everyone in the media hounded AVB for dropping Lampard but when Di Matteo did it at the weekend i don't remember a word uttered  :rolleyes:

I actually want to see him make a success of it just so the media can eat their words, how they behave is quite frankly disgusting.

It's very clear Lampard's legs have gone now.

So his legs have gone now? but last season he was fine?

Last season they played a very deep, narrow system based on counter-attacks. A literal 4-5-1 at times.

First we must say Chelsea weren't great last season, they finished 6th. They won 2 cups that all involved what I described above in the semi's & final which isn't possible to do if you want to win league titles.

Playing so deep your midfielders don't have to do as much running. He had so much protection in a lot of their key games. They always played Ramires, Meireles, Kalou, very tactically aware players with excellent engines. Ramires in particular, who in a counter-attacking system can play a dual role as CM and RW/AM. He scored/assisted in many of their crucial cup games with Lampard sitting and spraying balls which he would inexplicably run onto to score and create. They also had Drogba who they could knock the ball long too, he could hold it up from there for Mata/Meireles/Ramires to arrive, they do not have that option this season.

Now they play a little further up the pitch and there's more space involved as their attacking players need to be closer to Torres. Against Athletico & Juve he & Mikel were exposed and they showed they cannot cope with good teams with a lot of energy in the middle. They simply lack the mobility. Di Matteo has cottoned on and brought Ramires alongside Arsenal and it worked a treat. Nobody is going to give Ramires the runaround. Like I said before, he has the engine of 2 players and it makes the system much more effective against better teams.

So in short, yes his legs had gone last year too but they played a system based on his strengths (long range key passes, determination/hard work, strength) and hiding his weaknesses (running in wide spaces, lack of mobility). Now they play a more expansive game and he & Mikel together, are too detached and different in style of play to their front players and Lampard is looking old/slow as a result.

so basically the journalist tried to put words into AVBs mouth, failed and then denied it. they are actually total scum when they want to be

One journo broke ranks ................

The conspiracy to unsettle Andre Villas-Boas

Duncan Castles

Oct 8, 2012

It could be ascribed to jealousy, conservatism or even good old-fashioned revenge, but Andre Villas-Boas would be forgiven for thinking that English football has it in for him.

His appointment in place of the well-connected Harry Redknapp was always going to be met sceptically in certain quarters.

Quick-fired at Chelsea is not meant to be followed by stewardship of the Premier League's fourth best team. Old managerial hands were gleefully questioning Villas-Boas's credentials before he even had one training session with his full squad.

According to Gordon Strachan, last seen flirting with the Championship relegation places at Middlesbrough two years ago, people were conned into believing every coach with a foreign accent was "a tactical genius".

Starting home matches with two holding midfielders, partly because most of his new attackers had been signed in deadline week, Villas-Boas was too defensive, the team prone to basic errors. Much worse was to be laid on the Portuguese.

The decision to not immediately install a last-minute signing in goal turned into a ludicrous soap opera in which it was claimed Villas-Boas never wanted to sign Hugo Lloris in the first place.

The truth was that the France goalkeeper had been earmarked by the coach before he had even signed his own White Hart Lane contract. Continuing with the in-form Brad Friedel as No 1 was standard man management.

Why alter a functioning defence and place unnecessary pressure on an expensive recruit until Lloris had time to adapt?

By his fourth fixture, Villas-Boas had "three games to save his Tottenham job", according to one English Sunday newspaper.

Tottenham proceeded to dismantle Reading for a first win of the season, then come back to beat Queens Park Rangers at home. No matter.

On the morning of Villas-Boas's hardest task so far - an away trip to Manchester United - The Sun newspaper lead on supposed "showdown talks" between coach and players over "gruelling double training sessions" and his "negative style of football".

According to a source, there had been no double sessions in Villas-Boas's regular-season training schedule, and not one player had complained about tactics. Could the timing of the article be in any way related to Redknapp's employment as the newspaper's star columnist?

Villas-Boas knows the best way to answer his enemies is to win. Unfortunately for the antis, he is doing precisely that.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/the-conspiracy-to-unsettle-andre-villas-boas

Last night WHL was the venue of a presentation for 100 companies and investors involved in the proposed regeneration of Tottenham, attended by MP David Lammy and Head of the UK Civil Service & Permanent Secretary at Dept for Communities and Local Govt Sir Bob Kerslake.

During the evening, Spurs formally announced the first phase build of club's new stadium rebuilding.  Nothing new, it's actually the new Sainsbury's supermarket with some Spurs offices above that represents the first phase and the work had already started, but at least it has been formally announced now.  Was also being said the capacity will be over 60k when complete.

Spurs will be raking in the cash with their ticket price structure plus a 60k stadium to fill.

Wait, will they even be able to fill 60k?

There's about 35k paying £10 pa to be on the waiting list so, in theory, we should be able to fill it.  There may have to be some creative thinking with regards to some matches, the Arse charge £10 for League Cup games and I could imagine Levy doing something similar.