The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

It's the abundance mindset, if you have hundreds you wish you had thousands, if you have millions you wish you had tens of millions. It doesn't matter how much you're earning or what industry you work in, very few people would willingly take a cut in income if it could easily be avoided.

I understand that they'd be looking to make as much money as possible and not want to take a pay cut but I honestly believe that were I in their shoes and this offer was on the table, I'd go to Spurs. It's obviously impossible to tell but from my perspective, I absolutely love playing sport and am competitive, the idea of sitting on a bench just seems more mad to me than losing out on a lot of money.

Can't wait for footballer's salaries to start dipping

Thats the discussion though. Whether you should be regarding it as a job where you want to make the most you can, when the alternative is still earning ridiculous amounts and actually getting to do the job you love.

I imagine many would sacrifice money after a certain point if it meant doing something that made them happy but earning a little less.

Good news for us if that deal falls collapses. IF we continue our form of last season then they are a potential rival.

Last season he scored 1 and got 4 assists in our 5-0 defeat down there. He's a huge player for them and a big loss for them if the deal falls through.

I understand that they'd be looking to make as much money as possible and not want to take a pay cut but I honestly believe that were I in their shoes and this offer was on the table, I'd go to Spurs. It's obviously impossible to tell but from my perspective, I absolutely love playing sport and am competitive, the idea of sitting on a bench just seems more mad to me than losing out on a lot of money.

Can't wait for footballer's salaries to start dipping

really what you would do is tell spurs you'll go to them regardless but to keep it quiet then tell man city that spurs can't afford the wages and you're prepared to see out your contract in the hope that they'll sub a bit to spurs (* see note below) to help out with the wages, ie get that on top of what spurs will pay.

note.....how the f*** is that system legal, basically it means club A is paying wages for club B and all the conflicts of interest that creates.

He is worth a lot more than a 6m transfer fee, surely its only that low as City want the wages off the books. To me its Spurs and Ade that need to be coming to an arrangement ie a bigger signing on fee to cover the lost wages.

Niko Kranjcar has branded Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy a liar over his handling of the Luka Modric situation.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7938105/

Giovani dos Santos has angered Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas after ruling out staying at White Hart Lane when his current deal runs out.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7938033/

Levy and Ashley are mates - no suprises they seem to adopt similar tactics then!!

Seems AVB has a couple of players who want out, could be good for us.  Although I cannot really see past Man U/City, Arsenal and Chelsea for the top 4 this season.  Us, Spurs and maybe Liverpool for 5th.

Guest elbee909

Time for a maximum wage to be set.

and not just in football

As pretty much everyone in the UK is in the top 5% of the world's richest people, I wonder if you'd be happy with a truly fair maximum wage.

Guest elbee909

Bale crocked in a friendly.  Apparently Charlie Adam sat on him.  Karma :)

If only he'd played at the olympics instead, he'd probably be okay. :)

Guest Phil K

Time for a maximum wage to be set.

and not just in football

Except that the Mega Rich who you would be targeting alot of their time don't earn the majority of their money through salaries.

Getting them to actually PAY taxes would be a start.

Guest Roger Kint

Adebayor will sign for Arsenal in my opinion.

Based on what?

As if either party would agree to that after all the shit that went down when he scored against them at the Ehihad

One on hand, Adam's behaviour was clearly twattish. But on the other, evading Olympics duty under the pretence of injury is twattish too, so a couple of months out would be just desserts (and good for us!)

Oh FFS

What I really want to know is how is Spurs getting off playing Bale when he withdrew from the Olympics because of 'injury'?

This is how:

Club website (http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/club-statement-gareth-bale-26072012.page)

The Club considers the recent comment and accusations regarding Gareth Bale's fitness relating to his non selection for Team GB's men's football team to be wholly unacceptable and unjustified.

For the avoidance of any doubt and on a point of absolute clarity and transparency - Gareth sustained an injury as he built up his fitness ahead of joining up with Stuart Pearce's side. MRI scan reports were sent to the FA medical team on 29 June (2012).

He was subsequently not selected on the basis of this injury and the inability to predict recovery time.

This decision was not taken lightly and made only after consultation with Team GB's medical team, who were in agreement after seeing the medical reports.

At no time was Gareth made unavailable for selection. Indeed, Gareth made clear publicly on numerous occasions his desire to compete for Team GB and was extremely disappointed on hearing the news he would not be fit to participate.

He is now focused on and determined to get fit for the season ahead and to this end we have brought out an additional member of our medical team on tour, dedicated to Gareth's recovery.

We are dismayed that some have sought to make wrongful assumptions about Gareth's particular situation and that such positive news surrounding his recovery is being highlighted in this manner.

We trust that this statement now clarifies this matter once and for all.

We look forward to following the progress of our other players in the Games - Danny Rose and Steven Caulker along with Sandro and Giovani dos Santos.

One on hand, Adam's behaviour was clearly twattish. But on the other, evading Olympics duty under the pretence of injury is twattish too, so a couple of months out would be just desserts (and good for us!)

Oh FFS

What I really want to know is how is Spurs getting off playing Bale when he withdrew from the Olympics because of 'injury'?

This is how:

Club website (http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/club-statement-gareth-bale-26072012.page)

The Club considers the recent comment and accusations regarding Gareth Bale's fitness relating to his non selection for Team GB's men's football team to be wholly unacceptable and unjustified.

For the avoidance of any doubt and on a point of absolute clarity and transparency - Gareth sustained an injury as he built up his fitness ahead of joining up with Stuart Pearce's side. MRI scan reports were sent to the FA medical team on 29 June (2012).

He was subsequently not selected on the basis of this injury and the inability to predict recovery time.

This decision was not taken lightly and made only after consultation with Team GB's medical team, who were in agreement after seeing the medical reports.

At no time was Gareth made unavailable for selection. Indeed, Gareth made clear publicly on numerous occasions his desire to compete for Team GB and was extremely disappointed on hearing the news he would not be fit to participate.

He is now focused on and determined to get fit for the season ahead and to this end we have brought out an additional member of our medical team on tour, dedicated to Gareth's recovery.

We are dismayed that some have sought to make wrongful assumptions about Gareth's particular situation and that such positive news surrounding his recovery is being highlighted in this manner.

We trust that this statement now clarifies this matter once and for all.

We look forward to following the progress of our other players in the Games - Danny Rose and Steven Caulker along with Sandro and Giovani dos Santos.

Oh my god! They made a statement! It must be true!!!

Guest bimpy474

Just seen the tackle, nothing in it, slight trip. Bale is such a fanny man, deserves everything he gets the whinging tart.

Really, i thought it was on purpose and late. Mind you i cant stand Bale and dont really care.